Chapter 37 The Physics of Magic
90 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            So how is the fusion working inside their body about this mana? The base of fusion is E=mc2, which means the m (mass), can be changed by the mass of mana or the amount of mana. So what about the c (speed of light)?

            I asked Lilith to understand more about the concept of this fusion, "So is there any requirement to cast a spell? For example, a little child, can that child cast a big fire or just a light fire?"

            Lilith answered, "It depends, if the child is a gift one, surely that child can cast a big fire…"

            Gift? I asked again, "What do you mean by gift?"

            "As thou see, every creature is born with a  divers mana pool.  This mana pool is fixed, yet the amount of mana  'i  that pool depends.  What i mean by gift is a child that hath a massive mana pool and is full of mana…(As you can see, every creature is born with a different mana pool. This mana pool is fixed, yet the amount of mana in that pool depends. What I mean by gift is a child that has a massive mana pool and is full of mana…)"

            Wait a minute! I have heard that mana depends on intelligence, why has she now told me that the mana pool is fixed? "Wait…wait…wait, I thought mana is based on the intelligence from the attribute status…Why now do you say the mana pool is fixed?"

            Lilith started to explain, "as thou see, attributes of intelligence surely say to thou about the amount of mana, yet there is a barrier to how much mana thou get.  Some creatures are incapable of having over two thousand intelligences, or haply five hundred intelligences.  Allow us bid  it potential.  Some creatures are born with the potential for those attributes, and some of 'em  hast great strength potential, great agility, or great intelligence.  And yet , this potential doesn't join  'i  full perfection; some potential needs to grind, wot, or practice to reach that potential.  Yet, a graced child is  divers;  they are born with full perfection potential.  If that child hath the gift of intelligence, his mana pool shall be bigger and filled with rich mana… (As you can see, attributes of intelligence surely tell you about the amount of mana, yet there is a barrier to how much mana you can get. Some creatures are incapable of having over two thousand intelligences, or maybe five hundred intelligences. Let's call it potential. Some creatures are born with the potential for those attributes, and some of them have great strength potential, great agility, or great intelligence. However, this potential doesn't come in full perfection; some potential needs to grind, learn, or practice to reach that potential. Yet, a gifted child is different; they are born with full perfection potential. If that child has the gift of intelligence, his mana pool will be bigger and filled with rich mana…)"

            "You mean if creatures touched their potential, they would not exceed more in those attributes?"

            "The closer thou are to that potential, the harder it is to surpass it.  'tis like reaching the peak of a mountain - the higher thou climb, the moe challenging it becomes to hie e'en further.  Hence, for most individuals, reaching their full potential is already an incredible achievement.  After thou reach the peak, thou shall lose something that causes thee pursue thy potential, Motivation…after i smell thy scent, thou may  hast met some creatures whom had one attribute potential yet wit  'i  other attributes… (The closer you are to that potential, the harder it is to surpass it. It's like reaching the peak of a mountain - the higher you climb, the more challenging it becomes to go even further. So, for most individuals, reaching their full potential is already an incredible achievement. After you reach the peak, you will lose something that makes you pursue your potential, Motivation…After I smell your scent, you may have met some creatures who had one attribute potential yet wit in other attributes…)"

            Well, yes, Dryad status's is more in intelligence, and I remember Noella, the silver-hair elf, has great agility, and Aella, the blonde-hair elf, the high priestess, has great intelligence. And…the conversation is just derailed; I want to know how their spell works into an explanation about attributes and potential. Let's rerail it again

            I asked her, "So about this gifted child, it means magic or spell is just focusing on the mana pool; as you have said, a gifted child can make a big fire too…"

            In my thought, Lilith should be unable to cast a little fire. The amount of her mana should prevent her from casting a little fire. For example, if a person has a lot of mana or an unbelievable tonne of mana, the energy itself comes from the amount of mana. Without knowing how the c is changed in this mana fusion, I can tell, that it's impossible for her to cast light fire. Everything that she casts should have a big impact, so the fire should have a massive equivalent to her mana…No matter what the c, the energy is still massive.

            Lilith answered, "Magic surely needs mana, yet there are some things and steps to try magic.  First, thou want to focus and channel thy mana  'i  a specific way to create the desired effect.  Then, thou might not but  hast a clear intent and belief  'i  thy ability to manipulate the energy.  This combination of mana and intent is what ultimately allows thou to perform magic (Magic surely needs mana, yet there are some things and steps to do magic. First, you need to focus and channel your mana in a specific way to create the desired effect. Then, you must have a clear intention and belief in your ability to manipulate the energy. This combination of mana and intention is what ultimately allows you to perform magic.)"

            "But, you just created a light fire on your palm like nothing, I didn't see any step from you focusing on your palm, you just said Pyr and fire appeared on your palm…"

            Lilith chuckled, "Well, sometimes the moe experienced thou become, the less thou want to hie through each step consciously.  It becomes second nature, like breathing (Well, sometimes the more experienced you become, the less you need to go through each step consciously. It becomes second nature, like breathing.)" She then added, "'tis all about mastering the connection 'twixt thy mana and thy intentions (It's all about mastering the connection between your mana and your intentions.)"

            So mana and intentions, huh? Let's ask her if it applied to a massive spell or a massive destruction spell. I asked her, "How about complex magic? Surely, there is a magic that's complex in which the output is massive on destruction, restoration, or alteration…Is there any different way or step?"

            Lilith nodded thoughtfully, "For complex magic with massive issues, the key is to maintain a firm-set  focus on thy intentions throughout the entire process.  It may require moe concentration and energy,  yet  the principles remain the like (For complex magic with massive outcomes, the key is to maintain a strong focus on your intentions throughout the entire process. It may require more concentration and energy, but the principles remain the same.)" She continued, "'tis about channelling thy mana  'i  a precise and controlled manner to achieve the desired issue, regardless of the scale or complexity of the spell (It's about channelling your mana in a precise and controlled manner to achieve the desired result, regardless of the scale or complexity of the spell.)"

            "In conclusion, complex magic needs more channelling means longer to cast than simple spells, right?"

            "Yes, that's correct," Lilith confirmed with a smile. "The moe intricate the magic, the moe important it is to keep focused and precise  'i  thy channelling to ensure the desired issue (The more intricate the magic, the more important it is to stay focused and precise in your channelling to ensure the desired outcome.)"

            Okay, so we have some speed in there, the c in E=mc2, we can modify it. The c is maybe the speed of light, but we can modify it as the speed of things. Yet, the m or mass is a bit of a problem. If modified into the amount of mana, the energy will be massive. All of this pure mana from the refining process in b….Wait a minute, pure…Yes…Is all of the amount of mana inside of a creature's body purely pure? Or is there another type of mana? If there is, I can use the mass defect (Δm) between these mana. However, it will be different as Lilith said, the gifted child with a massive amount of mana pool and ric—-Ah! I see…But what happens if there is only one type of  mana, how does the mass defect work…or how does the amount of mana work if we don't use the mass defect…

~~~~~~~

So what is the mass defect (Δm)
In nuclear physics, the mass defect refers to the difference in mass between the nucleus of an atom and the sum of the masses of its protons and neutrons. This difference in mass arises due to the binding energy that holds the nucleus together.

The mass defect (Δm) can be calculated using this equation:

Δm=Zmp​+Nmn​−mnucleus​

Where:

  • Z is the number of protons in the nucleus.
  • N is the number of neutrons in the nucleus.
  • mp​ is the mass of a proton.
  • mn​ is the mass of a neutron.
  • mnucleus​ is the actual mass of the nucleus.

And we don't care about all of those things, because in front of me is a fantasy world, which is reality in my view…But, we can modify some of those words into other meaning…

~~~~~~~

            I asked Lilith to explore more about the possibility of another mana inside the creatures' bodies, "About mana, you have explained to me interesting information, yet there is something odd in my mind, Is there any different type of mana, besides this raw mana from the environment? Is there any other mana between each creature? Or any stuff like that?"

            Lilith nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, there are indeed different types of mana that can be found within creatures. Some possess elemental mana, while others may have spiritual or celestial mana…I have the celestial mana, like the high priestess elf, she has the celestial mana, which is a small portion of the goddess mana inside her body and my body…Dryad possesses elemental mana, which is wood, Chistera possesses spiritual mana…Varania in front of you possesses spiritual mana."

            Well, that's not going to work, so the body is refining full pure of mana…How does this spell-casting work? It's not something like poof happened, there must be a process behind it…defying law and physics? Yet if the law and physics are different, why am I still alive here? Why are my plates, my glasses, my forks, my spoons and everything inside my house still the same in their positions? Why my body is still the same? Why can I still breathe? So the chemical reaction, thermodynamics, gravity, electromagnetism, and others are still the same, if they are different I will die in a second or maybe in a fraction of a second. Yet there is an addition to some phenomena, like magic or spell casting. The energy should be the same, and the addition is mana. As the Physics is the motion and behavior through space and time, and the related entities of energy and force.

2