Chapter 31 Sound Wave
113 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Somehow I forget that Lilith has a dialect too...

            We went inside. Immediately, Lilith and Varania took a seat in front of the counter…As they sat in there, I could see Lilith's face turned towards the back of the room. I followed where she looked at…It was the seat pillow at the back.

            I asked Lilith, "You want me to get you the pillow?"

            "Thou do want not to try that…… (You don't need to do that……)" Even when she answered that her intention was clear in her face. She really wanted to hug the pillow. As clear as her intention was, I went to the back to get the pillow.

            She said, "I told thou, i do want not thou to try that… (I told you, I don't need you to do that…)"

            I ignored her words and took the pillow. I brought it to her…As the pillow was in front of her, she somehow shook her head, like she was trying to refuse it again. But her eyes were fixed on the pillow, longing for it.

            So I passed it on to Varania. As the pillow was in the lap of Varania, Lilith's face was still fixed into the pillow and showed she wanted the pillow. I walked behind the counter and saw Varania not comfortable as Lilith kept looking at her lap.

            Varania asked her "My lady, you may take this pillow, I am not too fond of this pillow…"

            Lilith answered, "Oh mine! I know not if thou do not like thus pillow, so 'tis unfortunate…if 'tis  like that, I am glad to accept it… (Oh my! I don't know if you don't like this pillow, so it's unfortunate…If it's  like that, I am glad to accept it…)"

            Immediately she hugged the pillow with tightly…Well, some people will hide their true intention because of their image…Demon Lord may be a scared creature, to show that, she may hide her likeness on the pillow.

            I brought the menu to them…and I asked, "So what are you going to order this time?"

            "Ah yes…" With both of her hands holding the pillow, she looked at the menu, and said to me, "Because I do not  quite understand a lot of these words, then the like thing as before…"

            I turned to Varania, "How about you?"

            "Same with her…"

            "Alright then…"

            At once, I prepared and made the order…While I was making the order, Lilith asked me, "'tis said thou meet elves and humans."

            I answered, "Yeah, I met them…"

            "I see…"

            "Is there anything in your mind?"

            "There is  nought in mine mind, yet thou are human, and when thou meet another human, Methought  thou would become like them… (There is nothing in my mind, yet you are human, and when you meet another human, I thought you would become like them…)"

            "Ah! I see what you are trying to say; you think I will hate you because you are a demon…"

            "Sort off, Methinks all humans shall become like 'em as like their goddess… (Sort off, I think all humans will become like them as like their goddess…)"

            "Yet, I am not them…"

            I continued, and I took two slices of chocolate cake and put them on a plate. I served it to them…As the glass of cappuccino and the plate of chocolate cake were in front of them, Lilith's eyes became sparkling and dazzling seeing that…

            Because Lilith's both hands were hugging the pillow, I saw Varania take the scoop with the spoon to Lilith's mouth…So Varania fed Lilith… Am I looking at a child feeding a grown woman? Well basically, Varania is not a child, but her physical appearance is a child…

            Seeing the view, I said to Lilith, "I don't know you are quite like this…"

            "What doth thou mean?"

            "Well, you are the demon lord, right? And it's unique to a demon lord being fed by others…" I turned my face towards Varania, "And it's the same with you, Varania…" Immediately Varania looked at me,

            Lilith took a glance at Varania and back to me, "What is the like with her?" Asked Lilith.

            "Somehow, she is different than our first met…"

            "May thou say to me moe how is she divers?"

            "For example, the tone when she is talking…Somehow, the tone is quite low and soft, than our first meeting, that high and loud…" Suddenly, she shook her head at me, and her face seemed to fear something. Ah, I see…

            I continued to tell Lilith what Varania did: "And I don't know about your appearance being is so huge, that's answered, how the bang back then so huge. As your size tried to hit this tree, surely it would cause a huge bang with that speed and that size…"

            Out of a sudden, the atmosphere around Lilith changed drastically, and her expression followed. With her eyes glowing, her voice somehow became more eerie, "Heeeeeeee…." Seeing her face became different, and I suddenly felt a spike behind my head. Suddenly, I remembered that since yesterday, the cafe's skill hasn't activated yet. Immediately, I focused on it and activated it….

            She took a small glance at Varania. With that expression, I could see Varania's fear on her face. She turned back at me, and suddenly her expression changed again, into a smile and happy face, "I shall remember that…and next time, I shall say to her about how to behave properly…"

            Maybe I am going too far about ratting Varania to her, "It's alright; as you know it, this place has a barrier to protect from anything…"

            "Yet, 'tis  not good behaviour, to disrespect mine favourite human…"

            I was confused and puzzled, "Favourite?"

            "Ay, thou become mine favourite human, or…. The first human whom can talk to me like this…"

            "I don't know how to say it, but I will take that as a compliment…"

            Seeing them, it was just Lilith and Varania…There was no Chis, so I asked her, "Where is Chis?"

            "Hooo, that pervert…i regard thou do want not to regard aught about her, now… (Hooo, that pervert…I think you don't need to think anything about her, now…)"

            Hearing that, there was a possibility of her being, "Do you mean dead?"

            "No, she is still alive, yet…" Again, she showed a frightened face, "Thou do want not to wot it… (You don't need to know it…)" And again, her face changed into a normal and happy face as she ate the cake, that Varania fed her.

            "Well, if it's like that…I will not ask that again…"

            Out of a sudden, Lilith said, "Ah yes!!! i remember, the eyeless thing… (Ah yes!!! I remember, the invisible thing…)"

            "The invisible thing?"

            "Ay, 'tis said from varania that thou knew something about these eyeless things, that…" Immediately, her eyes became glowing, "These eyes couldn't see…" And her eyes became normal again, "So I am so curious about those things…"

            "I think it's not invisible…Yet, it's visible, but our senses couldn't feel it or see it…"

            "'tis said, thou bid it wave…why?"

            "Because they are like waves…"

            "What doth thou mean?"

            "How about we play with something?" I went back, took a glass, and filled it with water…I came back to the front and showed them the glass. "Like this glass of water…"

            "What are thou will play? and what is the connection 'twixt these waves and this stoup with of water?"

            I took a small ice cube from the ice cooler and dropped it into the glass of water. As the ice cube touched the water, ripples formed and spread outwards in the glass.

            I said to them, "See those ripples? They are the waves, what I was talking about…"

            "Sure, i could see those waves  'i  the stoup with, and what were thou talking about? she quoth these waves were eyeless; how  didst these visible waves become eyeless waves? (Sure, I could see those waves in the glass, and what were you talking about? She said these waves were invisible; how did these visible waves become invisible waves?)" Asked Lilith.

            "They don't become invisible, but these waves are the depiction of the invisible waves…"

            "I doth not quite understand…"

            "The visible waves in the glass of water are a representation or visual manifestation of the invisible waves that I was referring to. These invisible waves are present all around us, but we can only see their effects through the movement and patterns they create in objects like water."

            "And???"

            "Let's give an easy example of this wave…Waves have a lot of examples, yet the wave I told Varania the other day was a hard-to-explain wave.." How the hell do I explain radio waves to them… "So how about we use the basic wave, the sound wave…"

            "Sound? thou mean how we speak?"

            "Sort off how we emit sound; we are creating these waves, not just us, falling objects, and the sound from the objects emit these waves…"

            "I doth not quite understand well…"

            "As I talk like this, this wave came out, and you received it, which made you hear what I have talked about…This is how sound waves work. They are created when an object vibrates, causing the air around it to vibrate as well. These vibrations then travel through the air as waves, reaching our ears and allowing us to hear the sound being produced…So what you see in the water is how waves spread or how sound spreads through the air. Just like ripples in water, sound waves also spread out in all directions from their source. The distance between the waves  determines the pitch or frequency of the sound, while the height of the waves determines its volume or amplitude. Understanding how waves propagate helps us comprehend how sound travels and reaches our ears."

            "Pitch? Frequ-what? Volu-what? And Ampli-what?"

            Am I going to explain all of those? "Let's make it simple. Pitch refers to how high or low a sound is. Frequency is the number of times a sound wave repeats in a second, and it determines the pitch. Volume refers to how loud or soft a sound is. Amplitude is the height of a sound wave, and it determines the volume…"

            "So all of those things, are represented  'i  these ripples of water?"

            "You can see how many waves are in the water; that's the frequency. The distance between the waves is the pitch, and the size of the waves represents the amplitude. If the waves are closer together, the frequency and the pitch will be higher. Conversely, if the waves are further apart, the frequency and the pitch will be lower."

            "And these things happening right now, e'en though we't see 'em? (And these things are happening right now, even though we can't see them?)"

            "Sort off, yet what I am doing is using perception. Surely, they are happening right now, even though we may not be able to visually observe them. Our perception allows us to understand and interpret these invisible phenomena, such as sound waves…"

            "Then the other waves? thou quoth waves  hast a lot of examples… (How about the other waves? You said waves have a lot of examples…)"

            "Well, each wave has different characteristics, so this water experiment couldn't represent all of those waves…For example, light waves…The light of what we see is a sort of wave…"

 

There may be some delay for some next chapters because I am still trying to think. Spoiler alert, how to compress a sonic boom in Varania's Dragon Appearance.

6