Chapter 32 A Gift of Eyes
119 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            "Light? thou mean the thing that is bright above us right now is sort of a wave? (Light? You mean the thing that is bright above us right now is sort of a wave?)" Asked Lilith.

            I answered, "Yeah…And the thing is called a lamp, basically like a candle…"

            "I don't quite understand…"

            "Let's play with our imagination again!! The cappuccino glass in front of you—how can you know it's a glass of cappuccino?"

Lilith and Varania stared heavily at their glasses. They showed some heavy thinking in their faces, trying to understand. Slowly, their face began to get closer to each of their glasses, until they were an inch from the glasses. Lilith raised her head and looked at me, she said,

            "The eye sends something to the stoup with, and somehow the stoup with sends something to the eye, so we wot that is a glass…am i right? (The eye sends something to the glass, and somehow the glass sends something to the eye, so we know that is a glass…Am I right?)" She was leaning her face into her hand.

            "That's a unique one…" Same with Emission Theory by Empedocles. Empedocles believed that human eyes have a sort of beam. His theory came from Goddess Aphrodite, he believed Aphrodite made human eyes out of the four elements and lit the fire in the eye, which possibly made sight. Basically, we have a beam laser in our eyes, and beaming the object, that beam comes back into our eyes, and we know the information about the object. That's a sort of cool theory, beam laser in human eyes… YET, Alhazen thought different about it, somehow he understood, that our eyes didn't send these beams or probes, but rather received the light, so we knew what we saw… "You are close to knowing how we see this glass. Our eyes don't send anything to the glass…"

            "What?? that's quite odd, so how doth we wot it is a stoup with? it should'st  hast sent something to wot what it is… (What?? That's quite odd, so how do we know it is a glass? It should have sent something to know what it is…)"

            "The reality is that the light of the glass reflects off the object and enters our eyes. Then the light is processed in our brain to create the perception of the glass. Our eyes act as receivers, capturing the light that bounces off objects and allowing us to interpret and understand our surroundings. So there is no such a thing that our eye sends to the object, but rather receiving the light."

            "Basically, 'tis  not the stoup with of what we see,  yet  the light that is reflected off the stoup with that allows us to perceive it… (Basically, it's not the glass of what we see, but the light that is reflected off the glass that allows us to perceive it…)"

            "Sort off…"

"If 'tis like that, how doth thou explain these eyes? (If it's like that, how do you explain these eyes?)" She made her eyes glow, "Which I could see an object without any light…"

            "Let me ask you, a simple question: when you say see an object without any light, does that mean completely dark, or is there any slight light?"

            "Then thou attempt? (How about you try it?)"

            Suddenly, Varania's face became uncomfortable, and she said, "Wait! Are you insane, my lady?"

            Slowly Lilith turned her face to Varania, "Are thou questioning mine insanity? (Are you questioning my insanity?)"

Immediately, Varania regretted her words and shut her mouth…

            I was confused about what she meant by try. "What do you mean by try?"

            With quick, she looked at me, "Allow me see, 'tis a gift from me…eyes like these… (Let's see, it's a gift from me…Eyes like these…)"

            "Eyes like those? Wait, I don't quite understand. You mean, by trying it, you will gift me those types of eyes…"

            "Ay, with that, thou see what i see with these eyes…first, thou want to deactivate this cafe skill, and thou shall  hast these eyes… (Yeah, with that, you can see what I see with these eyes…First, you need to deactivate this cafe skill, and you will have these eyes…)"

            Out of a sudden, Varania still had a concern about the deal, and said, "My lady!! You can't do that…"

            "Doth i want to repeat it thee? (Do I need to repeat it to you?)"

            Again, Varania stammered and immediately quieted her mouth.

            Lilith backed at me, "So, what doth thou regard, darya?" (So, what do you think, Darya?)" Her eyes started becoming more glowing than before…

            "Are there any terms for these eyes?"

            "Would I offer it thee as a gift, 'tis  not ethical for me to grant thou some terms for that. … (If I offer it to you as a gift, it's not ethical for me to give you some terms for that.…)"

            "Is this sort of gift like you had given me the ring, which possessed someone?" Who the pervert…

            "AH!" Her eyes began looking around, avoiding my gaze, "At that time, i didn't  hast aught  'i  mine pocket, and…i was towards the way to… (At that time, I didn't have anything in my pocket, and…I was on the way to…)"

            "To??

            "Dispose the ring…"

            "Dipsose? You mean throwing away the creature inside the ring…"

            "Sort off…but, she shall bounce back from the ring…"

            "Why you dispose of the ring if she will bounce back from the ring?"

            "'tis as a sort of bawbling punishment, thou see… (It's like a sort of small punishment, you see….)"

            "For how long, she will bounce back from the ring…"

            "10 years…"

            That's not a small punishment…

            "Just forget that pervert, fine!! allow me bid  thou again: doth thou desire these largess ? (Just forget that pervert, okay!! Let me ask you again: Do you want these gifts?)"

            "Should I need to deactivate the skill? Those eyes can be activated without me deactivating the skill…"

            "Because these eyes art not a magic…they are like normal eyes, so these things can be used e'en though magic is prohibited (Because these eyes aren't a magic…They are like normal eyes, so these things can be used even though magic is prohibited.)"

            An exchange or a gift from the demon lord must be an intriguing thing. Yet, is there any trickery in her words? I asked, "Is this sort of trick from you to a human?"

            She chuckled and replied, "Haha, why doth i trick mine favourite human? (Haha, why do I trick my favourite human?)"

            I asked, curious about her intentions, "What is the purpose of giving me these gifts then?"

            "Sort of repaying mine debt, and a symbol of being a friend to me…"

            A huge portion of my thoughts said yes, and received the gift, yet there was one small consideration I needed to know. I asked her, "Are these gifts painful or harmful in any way?"

            "I reassured thou, there is no pain,  'i  the process… (I reassured you, there is no pain, in the process…)"

            "Give me some seconds!!"

            "Sure…"

            While I was thinking of considering her gift, Varania was taking care and feeding Lilith with the cake…

            I said, "I will be grateful to accept your gifts…"

            Lilith said with some cream in her mouth, "Great, thou just want to deactivate it…"

            I focused on deactivating the cafe skill…After I deactivated the skill, in a second, I was being eaten by darkness, and I couldn't see anything. As the darkness engulfed me, I felt a sense of unease and panic creeping in. It was as if I had been transported to another realm entirely.

            Quickly, I shouted, "WHAT IS GOING ON?" But there was no response, only the eerie silence of the darkness. Am I getting transported into another realm? Or I can't see anything with my eyes?

            In some seconds, suddenly my vision slowly faded in, and I could see Lilith and Varania in front of  me…HOWEVER, it was still the same thing about my vision…

            Lilith said, "So how's mine gift?"

            I replied, "still same…"

            "Really…" She flicked her finger, and suddenly again, it was completely dark, there was no single light that came in…

            Still, I could hear Lilith's voice, she said, "Then thou try thy eyes into mine voice, and focus it to me… (How about you try your eyes into my voice, and focus it to me…)"

            I immediately did what she instructed; I tried to focus my attention solely on Lilith's voice. As I concentrated, I felt a strange sensation in my eyes. Slowly, the darkness started to lift, and I could see everything clearly around me…

            I asked, "Are you lifting the darkness?"

            "No, the darkness is still surrounding us…"

            "Really?" I immediately took my smartphone; I wanted to see the light from the phone…As I touched the screen of the smartphone, the light from it was the same, but there was a unique phonemonenon around the light. Somehow, I saw a sort of shimmering aura surrounding the light. I turned on the flashlight on the smartphone, and as the flashlight was on, the aura around the light became even more pronounced. It was as if the light was casting a mystical glow, illuminating everything it touched. I couldn't help but be mesmerized by this enchanting sight, wondering what could be causing such a captivating phenomenon. Is this the reaction of these eyes? Which I could see clearly in the darkness, yet somehow these eyes process light differently or see light differently than normal eyes…

6