Chapter 33 Lilith’s Mana
103 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Lilith asked, "So what doth thou regard? (So what do you think?)"

            I kept looking around, and finally asked Lilith, "How about you let go of this darkness?"

            She said, "Sure…." With a flick of her finger…

            As the darkness slowly disappeared, the light became so bright, and slowly faded into normal again…It was like the eyes adjusting the brightness of the light, so it didn't burn them…This was so fascinating…Is this IR? But if this is IR, or Infrared, the light exposure after Lilith swept the darkness should damage my eyes, and the light should interfere with my eyesight. Intense light sources can interfere with the accurate detection of infrared radiation from the environment, yet the phenomenon I saw earlier with my smartphone flashlight should reduce my sight, and I shouldn't see accurately; however, I could see accurately and see the glow of the light. If these eyes can control how much the light interferes with my vision, then maybe they have some sort of built-in protection mechanism so these lights can't burn my eyes. It's possible that they automatically adjust to prevent any damage or disruption caused by intense light sources. This could explain why I was able to see the glow of the light without any negative effects on my eyesight with the IR concept.

            This was an advanced technology that could change warfare tactics…Wait a second. First, the elf has a sort of projector that shows their goddess appearance without any surface, or I could say it was a 3D hologram with just a tiny object. And now, with this IR eyesight from the demon, I can't say this world isn't advanced, but with these, surely they are advanced technology, yet they don't know the principle of it. Or is magic an advanced technology?

            "So may you explain these eyes 'i thy mind after thou hast tried it (So can you explain these eyes in your mind after you have tried it)?" Asked Lilith.

            Ah yes, I need to explain the IR concept to her…"These eyes are quite fascinating; before I say anything in my mind, can I have some questions for you?"

            "Go on!"

            "What can these eyes do besides see in the complete darkness?"

            "Eyeless objects from magic, such as illusions or occulted enchantments, can also be detected by these eyes. They hath the ability to see through certain barriers and materials. Most importantly, they detect the mana aura or mana flow that surrounds them… (Invisible objects from magic, such as illusions or hidden enchantments, can also be detected by these eyes. They have the ability to see through certain barriers and materials. Most importantly, they can detect the mana aura or mana flow that surrounds them…)"

            "How do I use these eyes? For example, I want to use these eyes to see through that wall; how do I change into the eyes you gifted me?"

            "Use thy brain! ere, when thou didn't use thy eyes 'i the dark, i quoth thou needed to focus on mine voice. It made thy brain understand that thou want to see me, and the brain shall presently recognise thy new eyes and the needs of thou to see me, so thy eyes change into… (Use your brain! Before, when you didn't use your eyes in the dark, I said you needed to focus on my voice. It made your brain understand that you need to see me, and the brain will immediately recognise your new eyes and the needs of you to see me, so your eyes change into…)" Her eyes glowed, "These eyes…"

            So basically, some are changing on the optic nerve too, to make the brain understand that you need to see and adjust to the new eyes. I looked above at where my room was, and I tried to do what Lilith had explained; I just needed to use my brain. I kept focused on the ceiling above, and slowly the ceiling faded into invisible. Until it became invisible, and now I could see my entire room. It's an X-Ray vision…

            I asked, "How about mana?"

            Lilith answered, "Thou desire to see this mana flow? (You want to see this mana flow?)"

            I was curious about what mana was, so "Yeah…"

            "Then mine mana? (How about my mana?)"

            Immediately, Varania's face showed some fear after hearing those words… She looked at me, and shook her head, somehow as a signal that if Lilith showed her mana, it would not be a good idea…Well, who cares…

            I said to Lilith, ignoring Varania, "Sure…" After I said that, I could hear a gulping sound from Varania as if she were preparing something.

            After a few seconds, I didn't sense anything, and there was no difference around her…Yet I could see that Varania seemed under heavy pressure. She started sweating abundantly, and her hands were trembling.

            Lilith asked, "So??"

            I answered "I don't know…"

            "Haply I want to emit it more…"

            Suddenly, Varania's face showed some shock mixed with fear after hearing those words. She immediately tightly gripped it as if something was facing her.

            Again, in a few seconds, I didn't sense anything and no difference….

            "So then now?" Asked Lilith.

            "Well, I don't feel anything or any different…"

            "Feel? Methinks thou missed something; what thou want is to see the mana, not feel it, so use the eyes… (Feel? I think you missed something; what you need is to see the mana, not feel it, so use the eyes…)"

            Ah yes…I forgot about that…Out of the blue, Varania fell from her seat and became unconscious…I ignored her for some seconds as I tried to focus on the mana around Lilith…Slowly something was visible… As the mana began to take shape, I could see faint tendrils of energy swirling around Lilith. However, I saw something fascinating…The colour of her mana was somehow darker than black, Vantablack, it even darker than Vantablack. If Vantablack absorbs 99.965% of visible light, somehow I saw something darker than that. It was as if her mana absorbed all light, creating a void-like effect. I had never seen anything like it before, and it left me both intrigued and slightly unsettled. Her mana is somehow like a black hole, absorbing all light, so it is completely dark. As I looked around her mana, I realised her radiation was still the same. I thought her mana would slowly fade as her mana surged in every direction, but to my surprise, it remained constant. It was as if her mana had an endless source of power, constantly replenishing itself. I didn't realise, her mana was still expanding until I didn't know it was around me.

            I tried to see through the mana like I saw the darkness before. Surprise me, I couldn't see anything other than the mana. Even the mana was darker than the darkness before. I leaned out the counter to see Varania who was unconscious on the floor, her body was surrounded by Lilith's mana, I tried to see Varania through the dense mana, but it was impossible. So these eyes can't penetrate her mana, or her mana is so unique…

            Before Lilith's mana expanded to every corner of the shop, I asked her, "May you stop your mana flow?"

            "Sure…" Lilith answered, in a fraction of a second, all the darkness of her mana swept into her body… revealing Varania lying on the floor and everything that had been covered.

            Lilith said to me, "Amazing, thou seemed unaffected by mine mana… (Amazing, you seemed unaffected by my mana…)"

            Seeing Varania unconscious on the floor. I asked Lilith, "Will she be alright?"

            Lilith answered, "She shall be alright; right now, her body is still adjusting the mana around her…she shall wake up 'i 5…4…3…2…1…" Exactly with her countdown, Varania's eyes opened, and she started to get up…She took her seat and acted as if nothing had happened.

            "See!" Said Lilith to me…

            I asked Lilith, "So is your mana affecting anything around you?"

            "Yes," Lilith replied with a smile. "Mine mana hath the power to influence and manipulate the energy of all's around me. Sometimes it could compose any plants die, or animals act strangely. Any creatures somehow connected to the mana 'i the area may experience changes 'i behaviour or corporal state. Like varania, she was unconscious because of the pressure of mana…yet (My mana has the power to influence and manipulate the energy of everything around me. Sometimes it could make any plants die, or animals act strangely. Any creatures somehow connected to the mana in the area may experience changes in behaviour or physical state. Like Varania, she was unconscious because of the pressure of mana…YET)" She stood up, and leaned her face to my face, "Thou are divers human, somehow thou were unaffected by mine mana… (YOU ARE DIFFERENT HUMAN, somehow you were unaffected by my mana…)" Her smile was so dazzling, and I could see some sparkling around her, as if she wanted to know, Why am I unaffected by mana? So I need to explain her how the eyes worked, and need to explain how my body is unaffected by her mana…Surely, it will be a great conversation, however there is one thing after what have happened, somehow infrared and mana have similarity.

5