Chapter 4: Scavenging? No, This Is Fishing!
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"To continue upgrading the battleship, I need 10 energy..."

Sailing smoothly on the surface of the sea with the wind, Ye Fei notices the next upgrade requirement.

However, he is not in a hurry to upgrade at the moment.

It's not that he doesn't want to, but engaging in combat carries risks and requires caution.

Moreover, his speed is slow, and even if the shark that has been following him makes a move, he can't deal with it.

"Another person died!"

Suddenly, there is a message in the communication channel.

Ye Fei is startled.

It seems that battles are truly dangerous.

Where did the battle occur?

Just then, the shark that has been following Ye Fei suddenly changes direction and swims towards a certain location.

Sharks have a much keener sense of smell than dogs and can detect the scent of blood from miles away.

The fact that it is no longer tracking him means it has found readily available food.

Ye Fei can't catch up to the shark, but with his current strength, stealing its food is easy.

He quickly changes course and follows the shark...

"Oh fuck! Another one died!"

"Damn it! Everyone be careful and spread out!! Attract whatever is in the sea near the island!"

From the conversations in the communication channel, Ye Fei can sense the intense battle taking place.

Ye Fei immediately notices this information.

Clearly, the Captain's side is at a disadvantage. The enemy is attacking from underwater and has already killed two people in succession.

This means that the enemy can board their ships or possesses brute strength capable of destroying ships directly.

No matter which is true, Ye Fei realizes that he cannot handle either situation.

Should he still go over?

Ye Fei hesitates.

However, when his gaze falls on the shark in front of him, he immediately feels that the danger should be minimal.

He has been engaged in a battle of wits and perseverance with this shark for some time, so he has gained a good understanding of the intelligence and cautiousness of sharks in this world.

This creature has been following him for so long, always looking for an opportunity to kill him, but as long as he doesn't fall into the water, it remains motionless.

Very cautious.

And from the shark's decisive change in direction towards the source of the bloody scent, it can be seen that it either doesn't perceive any danger or is extremely attracted by the scent.

The former represents an easy target, while the latter signifies a valuable prize.

Regardless of which situation it is, Ye Fei feels that it's worth a try.

Although he has decided to take a risk and go over to investigate, he also understands that life is precious.

Therefore, Ye Fei proceeds with great caution.

Every now and then, he activates his fusion talent, utilizing its "highlight" effect to detect the situation underwater.

If anything seems amiss, he immediately turns around and leaves.

After half an hour, Ye Fei arrives near a small island.

This area consists of a series of rocky islets, resulting in shallow waters.

He can see fragments of ships near the edges of the rocks.

Two bodies lie on the rocks—one wearing a short skirt and the other wearing stockings.

The corpses have stained the rocks a blood-red color.

Seeing these two bodies, Ye Fei becomes excited.

The fact that the bodies emit a glow means they can be fused with.

However, Ye Fei doesn't rush to go ashore.

The rocks are low, just slightly higher than the sea level, allowing sharks to quickly swim across them using the waves.

At this moment, the sharks have been continuously stimulated by the fresh blood and their eyes have turned red. They swim restlessly in place, exuding a savage aura.

These creatures are becoming desperate.

However, sharks are undoubtedly intelligent. They swim around their surroundings and occasionally float to the surface, staring at Ye Fei.

Their bodies are large, and their speed is fast.

They are not afraid of Ye Fei.

Ye Fei isn't worried either; he stays in place, lightly tossing his oar, feeling its weight.

In fact, the shark's instincts are very accurate, and it indeed poses no threat to Ye Fei. In the eyes of the shark, he is just another prey.

But nothing is absolute.

After observing for such a long time and collecting information from eavesdropping, Ye Fei has gained some understanding of the creatures in this area.

Sharks are extremely tenacious and cunning. They like to track small boats and will rush up to bite anyone who falls into the water. However, they also have weaknesses.

If they are knocked over from the side, sharks will enter a stunned state.

Moreover, if they are in an area where they may be briefly stranded, their mobility will be greatly reduced.

In such a situation, Ye Fei definitely has a chance to bite the shark.

Once he latches onto the shark, Ye Fei is confident that he can kill it.

Just then, a wave rolls in.

Taking advantage of the wave, the shark flicks its tail and swiftly moves towards the two corpses.

Ye Fei doe

3