Prologue: the Rose swords of day and night
190 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Rosenvale theocracy was known as the country where all kinds of roses bloom, except one kind. The rose of day and night was a flower discovered in the Kargath Mountain Range on top of the Dwarven country.

The rose is known to grow black during the day and white during the night. The flower was discovered by one of the students of Acadia Institute and his magical puppet, though the puppet itself was controlled by the Headmaster.

The student that found the rose discovered that it held considerable magical power, so he plucked two flowers from the rose to make himself a pair of swords.

The artefacts were made to resemble each flower. One jet black katana just like the night, and one longsword as white as snow.

The student tried to wield the swords but the result was that the artefacts repelled each other and he ended up injured. Disheartened by this the student left the swords with the blacksmith and went back to the Institute.

What the student didn't realize was that each artefact had a spirit dwelling within. Just like the Rose that he so happened to find was a dwelling of spirits.

The flower itself was nothing special in the eyes of the goddesses that created it, but it was never supposed to end up in mortal hands.

And the swords were never meant to be made. However what's happened is no coincidence. The artefacts were split up. The Black katana was taken by the Fox-kin while the white longsword was taken by the Angeles. Time passed and the swords were never used but that would change eventually.

But for now the swords would remain as blank slates until they find their wielders and gradually fuse with the attributes of the wielder's mana.

The black katana would eventually become a sword that embodies ice and lighting representing it's wielder's mana attributes, but it will retain it's inate dark attribute as it infuses it's wielder's lighting and ice spells with Darkness, and be known as The katana of Night Kokubara.

As a spirit however Kokubara will resemble a black cat with eyes the colour of ashes.

The white longsword would become a artefact that embodies the elements of darkness and nature representing it's wielder's mana attributes, but it will retain it's inate light attribute as it infuses it's wielder's defensive, healing and crowd control oriented spells with light, and be known as the longsword of day Hakubara.

On the other hand Hakubara's spirit form will take the shape of a white owl with violet eyes like the night sky.

However their true power will be realised once they gain a physical body weather it's a body of flesh and blood or one made of magical crystals and metal ores.

2