chapter 1: The day our paths divided
206 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yoshiru Hanabi was an ordinary highschool girl but one day a tragedy occurred in her life. Not long after she graduated from university her father had suffered an injury that would cripple him for life. 

Her mother had to start working but she was past her prime so that only left Hanabi to take care of them. She started working part-time jobs just to get by the hardships but that didn't last for long, each day Hanabi would eat less and less until she finally collapsed.

When she came to she didn't know where to look, because the space around her was pure white.

"Where am i" Said Hanabi.

But there was no reply, so she waited until eventually

"Hello young lady" an unfamiliar voice responded.

"who are you?" Hanabi said surprised!

"I am what you would consider a god but that's not important, what's important is what you want" a man said nonchalant about the matter.

"well what i want is it? Hmm...? Wait you're a god!" Hanabi was shocked but remained calm on the surface.

But what came after was even more shocking. For what she felt was love at first sight. The two goddesses that appeared were starting at Hanabi love struck.

"Who is she? I feel like my soul is connected with her" one of the goddesses said

" I feel the same but isn't it impossible for two goddesses to have the same fated one? Isn't that right father Creation." the other goddess said questioningly."

" it's not impossible it's just that it hasn't happened a second time in around a few millennia that this has to be a miracle." The god of creation answered but what he got was the confused stare of Hanabi.

"Hold on a second, can we slow down a bit i can't follow this conversation at all" Hanabi pleaded with confusion apparent on her face.

"My name is Orion, i'm the god of creation of the world were going to send you to" Orion said with no apparent emotions on his face.

" You're going to send me to another world? Does that mean i died?" Hanabi said surprised with a hint of sadness hidden in her eyes.

" That would be correct, but let me introduce you to your fated partners, The goddess with 10-tails is Youko the goddesses of darkness, and the one with 5 pairs of wings is Aquila the goddesses of light." He gestured to the two goddesses.

" I still don't understand what being a fated one means but i feel a strong connection with both of them" Hanabi gestured towards her chest where her heart would be.

" For a god or goddess a fated one is their life long partner, in other words their wife or husband respectively." Youko said energetically.

" does that mean i can only be with one of you?" Hanabi asked.

" Yes, that's right you can only be with one of us." Aquila said dejected.

" But i have a trial for you Hanabi before i reincarnate you in my world." Orion said interrupting the three.

" What's the trial?" Hanabi asked.

" you have to fight yourself in that world with your memory sealed, in exchange you can have both Youko and Aquila." Orion said with a hidden agenda.

" What's the catch?" Hanabi questioned his words.

" Your soul will be split into two halves and reincarnated as two separate individuals" Orion revealed one of his hidden cards.

" Orion that's dangerous, you know what would happen if her soul isn't recovering in her separate bodies, both bodies would die." Aquila yelled, anger apparent in her tone.

" don't worry i asked the god of death Phobos to help stabilise her divided souls once we reincarnate her." Orion said with sweat flowing down his neck.

"Good at least we don't have to worry about her dying but she would still feel connected to the other half and feel like something is missing." Youko said, still worried.

" That connection between the two halves will be completely severed once she comes of age, at the tender age of 18." Orion said.

"I follow what you're saying but i'm assuming there's also a favour you would ask of me once i reincarnate." Hanabi asked reading between the lines.

" the world i created has become stagnant because of the Jester of Chaos Lloyd Weiss, he wants to develop magic and magical engineering to new heights but the problem is that he's contradicting himself by killing any and all humans that dable in science." Orion said with clear irritation in his voice.

" and i assume you want me to remove him?" Hanabi asked not sure what Orion wanted from her.

" Not quite, i want you to study in Acadia institute and develop your own puppet."  Orion said, hunting that she should grow stronger before confronting the puppets.

" Why would i go ahead and give him more pawns?" Hanabi wasn't sure about what Orion was asking of her.

" your purpose in the institute is to gather information and pass it on to the Pleiades council." Orion said.

" So now that we have all the conditions out of the way, send me to your world." Hanabi was getting impatient.

" hold it right there we still haven't given you our divine protection." Youko stopped her hugging her right arm.

" That's right, and since each of us will have only half of Hanabi's soul as our fated one then we might as well give her our divine protection." Aquila said hugging her left hand.

" Fine do what you want, but that would make the two halves impossible to merge back to the original." Orion warned but Hanabi stopped him.

" Let them do it, as their fated wife i accept what they want to do for me." Hanabi looked at both Youko and Aquila and noded.

" well who am i to stop you love birds, go for it." Orion said with a resigned sigh.

And so Hanabi was reincarnated but what awaited her was only a small fraction of what she has to overcome.

The birth of two girls would seal Hanabi's memories into darkness.

Both girls share Hanabi's memories but which one would regain them faster, which one will accept their current predicament, and which one will remain stuck in the past while the other looks into the future.

3