Chapter 2: How two anomalies were born
182 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Orion POV)

"Haah... They're finally gone" He said as he looked around the empty space.

"Let's see what changes Hanabi will bring to this world" as he was looking through the fragments in space he saw two baby girls.

One was a Fox-kin with pure white hair, only the end of her tail and the top of her ears were black. But her eyes were another thing entirely, for one was violet radiating a cold aura while the other was amber emitting sparks of lightning, but both eyes also had a violent red aura around them.

The other was an angel with black hair and wings, her eyes were also unique, because there was a pink cross in her pupils encircled by a pink halo, but the cross and halo are almost unnoticeable because of her ash coloured eyes.

The two halves of Hanabi had eyes full of magic power but that also meant envy and jealousy from those around them.

(Fox-kin parents POV)

Our daughter was born but there was something odd, it wasn't her hair that was out of place, nor was it her eyes, but the aura around her, her atmosphere was like that of a hunter looking at his prey. 

We didn't notice it at first but that would be our undoing because she was capable of undergoing an explosive growth. 

She had gone berserk but that wasn't the only thing, she had grown up enough to be capable of wielding a sword, and she decimated our village, if it weren't for the Tengu we would have died with the rest of the vilagers.

(Angel parents POV)

Our daughter was born but we were shocked to see that her wings were black, when the other villagers saw our daughter they wanted to kill her, but something unexpected happened, our daughter's eyes turned black and there was a pink cross encircled by a halo shining in her eyes, but what followed was a complete slaughter, the shadows that we thought were harmless cut up anything that came to close to our daughter, we would have been dead as well had the Tengu not interfered in time.

(Tengu Samurai POV)

"Well this has been a weird day" one of them said

"True, who would have thought that we would encounter a berserk baby girl in the fox-kin village in the north of our hq" someone added.

"Well that wasn't the only weird thing that happened" someone else said.

"What do you mean" another samurai asked.

"Well there was a black winged angel in the village of angels in the south that used shadows to kill anything trying to harm her, weird thing is she was also a baby girl" The capital said to his men.

"Captain are you messing with us?" One of the soldiers asked.

"I wish i was, but that actually happened and both of them are in the protection of Ms. Sumire" the captain said and his men went silent. 

(Sumire POV) 

"Haah... what am i going to do with these babies when i'm not even in a romantic relationship myself much less have experience taking care of children" she complained pouting. 

{Well you should stop pouting and listen to what we have to say for now} Youko spoke telepathically to Sumire only for the young tengu to jump in shock.

"Who are you!?" She asked but a different voice replied.

{I'm the goddess of Light Aquila and the one who spoke to you earlier was the goddess of Darkness Youko, and we would like to discuss what you should do with our faded ones" Aquila said in commanding tone.

"T-T-The god-des-ses of light and darkness, and you mentioned fated ones just now, does that mean..." She stuttered but calmed down quickly and she realised why the goddesses were talking to her.

{Yes, that's right, you guessed it, the fox girl over there is my fated one} Youko replied cheerfully.

{And that black winged angel is my fated one} said Aquila with an affectionate voice.

She was so shocked by what the goddesses said that she went silent, but eventually he shock subsided and she spoke.

"Oh goddesses of light and darkness why did your fated ones destroy those villages?" She asked.

{They didn't destroy the villages on purpose, they just don't possess enough control over their magic power, especially their eyes." Aquila explained.

"Does that mean?" She asked and the answer came soon after.

{Yes both of them have special eyes, and trying to harm them will result in collateral damage not to mention casualties} Youko warned.

"Does that mean that i have to raise them both, until they can walk on their own two feet" she was prepared to accept but that wasn't exactly what the goddesses wanted.

{We don't need you to just raise them, we want you to train them to the best of your ability, so they can survive what is to come} Aquila said in a manner befitting a queen ordering her subject.

"By your will my goddesses" she said and the conversation ended.

3