Chapter 3: the two irregulars and their mentor.
138 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Kyouka POV)

"Tina what are you doing." she asked Cortina, her best friend and partner.

"Oh. I'm preparing to travel to the Tengu village in the Shinkiro Mountain Range. A friend of mine asked me to mentor her daughters." Cortina replied to her with a caring smile.

"Who's daughters?" She got curious, because Cortina hadn't left the Institute for 5 years, and suddenly she decides to leave, something was definitely off.

"Sumire's daughters, Natsumi and Miyumi. I was asked to teach them." Cortina consoled her friends doubts, but that left her partner in shock.

"What, Sumire has kids?" She asked and questioned "Since when?" 

"It was about 15 years ago, when two villages were destroyed by monsters, well that's what we told the public, in truth the culprits were Sumire's Daughters" Cortina explained and her partner noded, knowing that she should keep what she heard a secret from the other puppets.

(Sumire POV)

She was watching her daughters fight under the sakura tree with a kind motherly smile, when she felt a familiar magic power.

"How have you been Sumire? It's been what? 5 years since we last met." Cortina greeted the friend she hadn't seen in a while.

"Yes, it has been a while since we last met. How's the situation at the institute?" She asked.

"It's been quiet for a while, but who knows what that twisted doll, Lloyd, is planning." Cortina replied.

"Well, it's good that it's quiet, but let's go back to why i called you here." She said and looked back to her daughters fight.

"And why are they fighting again?" Cortina asked.

"This isn't a fight, or at least it wasn't supposed to be. They were having a mock battle, i guess the adrenaline rushed to their heads." She sighed but still looked at them with affectionate eyes.

"Are they always like this?" Cortina asked.

"They don't fight that much, in fact they are quite close, even biological sisters pale in comparison to how close these twin sisters are, it's just whenever they have a mock battle the two tend to go overboard. So far there hasn't been a clear winner between them because they fight to the point of complete exhaustion" She explained, and just as the explanation finished the twins collapsed exhausted.

"Well, the two of them will be out for a while so let's leave them under the sakura tree to sleep" She said and put them against the tree.

"So what should we talk about in the meantime?" Cortina asked.

"Let's go to my office we'll discuss everything there" she replied and headed for the mansion.

(Hanabi POV)

My name is Yoshiru Hanabi, a 20 year old bachelor. I studied software engineering in university before my father had an accident and ended up a cripple. My mother tried to find work to prevent me having to quit university, but no companies or stores wanted her. So i started working, first i worked in retail, but that didn't pay well enough. So i quit after half a year of working. Then i started working as a hotel's receptionist but it barely covered my day to day life not to mention covering for my parents as well. I went from one jop to the next but nothing could cover my father's medical fees. I felt tired but i contacted to struggle until i finally collapsed and died.

Then i noticed i was in a white space, but what surprised me was not the empty space but the backs of the two girls in front of me.

They turned around and looked at me, and then i noticed that they looked exactly like me, but they didn't feel like they were complete.

But then one of them said.

"I'm the ego born from your happy go lucky personality" Miyumi said.

And the other one followed.

"And i'm the ego that went cold to the world in front of me." Natsumi said. 

 They introduced themselves as my egos. However that can't be, if that were the case then my soul would also be in two halves.

"Your soul would have gone mad had Orion not split our soul in half." Miyumi said.

"If he reincarnated you as a complete soul then the egos that you see in front of you would have made you go mad, and your soul would have collapsed" Natsumi explained.

And then the fox continued.

"We were born out of your doubts and insecurity, but also from your hopes and dreams, what made your soul give birth to two egos was the accident that happened to your father" Miyumi added.

So my fate was to be reincarnated as a Fox-kin and Fallen Angel, but if the two of you are happy with that split then so am i.

Now wake up and meet our fated Goddesses one more.

(Natsumi POV)

"Well that was a weird dream" she said and her sister asked.

"What kind of dream?" Miyumi was curious.

"I was dreaming of a life that i lived in another world as a girl named Yoshiru Hanabi." She said not realising that her sisters eyes went wide.

"Sis, I had the same dream, what could that mean?" Miyumi asked, and now her sisters eyes went wide.

"Wait, if you had the same dream doesn't that mean we were originally one and the same?" She asked and she received a reply, but not from her sister.

{Yes you were originally one, and Aquila can testify to that as well} Youko said but only Miyumi heard her.

{Youko only Miyumi heard you, let me explain to Natsumi.} Aquila said.

"Explain what?" She was confused and looking around for anyone nearby.

{Well Natsumi, originally you and Miyumi were one and the same, under the name Yoshiru Hanabi, but we had to split up her soul because two separate egos took form in her soul, and those two egos are the two of you} Aquila explained.

"And i'm assuming that the reason was that our soul would have gone mad if reincarnated normally or destroyed if we weren't separated?" She drew a conjecture which turned out to be correct.

{Yes that would be correct, and let me tell you that we didn't do this to harm you} Aquila said with a voice full of remorse.

"I understand that but what i don't understand is why me and Miyumi are different races" she asked.

{That's my and Youko's fault, it's because we gave you our divine protections, You have my divine protection while Miyumi has Youko's divine protection} Aquila explained with a bit of guilt.

"Well since we agreed to receive your divine protections in the first place it's our fault to." she said to reassure Aquila.

2