Chapter 4: Master and apprentices
149 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Miyumi POV)

"Youko why didn't you talk to me for so long? " She asked. 

{Orion made me and Aquila promise not to talk to you two until you regain your memories}

"Well, at least we can talk freely from now on. " She said, then something caught her eye. 

It was a transparent blue screen, and her eyes widened in shock when she saw what was written 

Name: Kagami Miyumi

Race: Fox-kin

Sex: female 

Level: 1

Class: Battle-mage

[Strength]: 5

[Wisdom]: 10

[Agility]: 10

[Endurance]: 5

[Vitality]: 5

General Skills: Appraisal LV 1, Sword Mastery LV 1,  Magic Sense LV 1, Magic Manipulation LV 1, Language Comprehension 

Magic Skills:  Ice Magic LV 1, Lightning Magic LV 1, Spirit Magic LV 1

Race Skills:  Spirit Sight, Elemental Enhancement, Enhanced Senses

Unique Skills: Violet eye of Frost, Amber eye of Thunder, Frenzied Lightning 

Blessings, Divine Protections, and Titles: Divine Protection of the Goddess of Darkness, Reincarnated, Fated one of the Goddess of Darkness 

When the shock subsided she jumped around excitedly and hugged her sister and said. 

"Natsumi, look look I have a status." she tried showing her sister the status board not realizing that it can't be seen by others. 

"Status? " Natsumi tilted her head in puzzlement only to see her status pop up. 

Name: Kagami Natsumi

Race: Fallen Angel

Sex: female 

Level: 1

Class: Paladin

[Strength]: 10

[Wisdom]: 5

[Agility]: 5

[Endurance]: 10

[Vitality]: 5

General Skills: Appraisal LV 1, Sword Mastery LV 1,  Magic Sense LV 1, Magic Manipulation LV 1, Language Comprehension 

Magic Skills: Dark Magic LV 1, Nature Magic LV 1, Light Magic LV 1

Race Skills:  Spirit Sight, Chaos Enhancement, Enhanced Senses

Unique Skills: Eyes of Twilight, Einherjar, Valkyrie of Rejuvenation

Blessings, Divine Protections, and Titles: Divine Protection of the Goddess of Light, Reincarnated, Fated one of the Goddess of Light

"Well, this is a surprise," Natsumi said, and before she could continue speaking someone spoke behind her. 

"I was wondering what the two of you were doing." The woman said 

"Who are you, woman, and how did you get here? Natsumi asked but was stopped by her sister. 

"Sis this lady came to visit Mom while we were having a mock battle," she said and greeted the woman with a curtsy. 

"I see." replied Natsumi and continued "But we have yet to hear your name." 

"Sorry about the surprise but honestly I don't even know where to begin with the explanation. Anyway, my name is Cortina Valentine, and as per your Mother's request. I came to be your teacher and potentially scout you for the Acadia Institute of Magical Arts." And she turned around to see Sumire behind her. 

"You couldn't resist and went to surprise my daughters, didn't you? " Sumire questioned and continued to speak" And since when was my request about teaching my daughters, scouting for the Institute?"

"We can banter about this later, but I want to hear what the two girls think." Cortina said and continued " And Acadia isn't as bad as you make it out to be, as long as you can hide your race that is."

"Oh and why do we have to hide our race?" Her mismatched eyes looked straight at Cortina

"It's because the City where the Institute is stationed is full of humans, ones that have become so delusional in their beliefs of superiority that a Puppet of their own making is pulling their strings" Cortina explained and continued "However, as you can probably tell a Lorelei like me has been living in that City for 5 years now, and nobody has said anything, do you know why? It's because being connected to the Institute lets you act more openly than most Non-Humans that live there."

"I don't get why you would scout the two of us though." Natsumi stared at Cortina with suspicion. 

"Kyouka asked me to try and scout the both of you and teach you herself." 

"That doesn't explain how she knows about us." the fox-kin looked at Cortina with one eye closed. 

"I told her about the two of you but she doesn't know your races or what you're capable of, so relax a little," Cortina said but was interrupted by her friend. 

"Tina why are you acting so carefree,  it's as if this doesn't concern you when you've spent 5 years there as a Professor and Researcher, not to mention that you work for the council in the background," Sumire said whispering the last of her words.

 "Fine, you win Sumire, It's not just Kyouka that's interested in the twins, the headmaster is interested as well, and he even prepared a letter of recommendation that Kyouka gave me before I came here," Cortina said in a serious tone. 

"We will accept the letter but we don't promise that we won't cause trouble, especially since we were reincarnated to deal with Lloyd in the first place," Natsumi said whispering the last sentence to her sister. 

1