Chapter Three ♦ Eið Breaker
24 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The skies reflected upon the mountainous region, outlining each peak with an azure hue, layers of snow gleaming under the sunlight. The atmosphere felt serene; a tranquility complemented by the burble of a nearby waterfall. A small building stood a short distance of the Atlantean domain; concealed amidst a small meadow; it was surrounded by evergreen. The trees shimmered like crystals, the frosted dew adding mystic to these magnificent landscapes. This was her sanctum.

"I am free to do as I please." Loki purred. "My presence here could bring the end, I would care not-" He stepped closer to her. He did not concealed his intentions; his actions guided by his throbbing heart.

"And what of your other oath?" Her eyes pierced through his, as to reach deep within his soul; he could only reply with a wince. "What would come to pass, if this was made known?"

"A long while has passed since-" He reminded her, his tone lace with bitterness, not aimed at her but rather himself.

"But you still pledged your troth-" She brushed the side of his face; his eyes shimmered, his heartbeat increased.

"An ill-fated union I wish I'd realized beforehand." He spoke the truth; an apprehension that pained him, a decision tormenting him to this very day, for he knew his marriage could never be undone. He placed his hands around her shoulders, his touch gentle, his thumbs instinctively fondling her skin.

Over time, the two of them had grown closer; a bond of love, true and compassionate. Her hesitancy overshadowed her temptation however; she had long given him her heart, but body and soul remained out of bound. Her growing desire shackled by this oath, it was becoming more and more difficult to deny him.

"I will wait an eternity for you-" He understood her reservation, and as much as it ached him, he respected her temperance. Her companionship, her very proximity was more than enough to bring him happiness; she had filled the void, dispelling the loneliness that had engulfed him for so long. "My love for you shall remain whole, not matter what future lies ahead."

"And mine as well." She close the gap between them; her head against his chest, he wrapped his arms around her. His hold tight, he simply closed his eyes and savored this moment of peace; an embrace that lasted far beyond the dusk and dawn.

 

8