Chapter Four ♦ Vænn Companionship
29 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His visits to her domain were made frequent, but the duration for each stay continued to extend. He would vanish from Asgardian grounds; his travels untraceable, only wild speculations as to what he might be up to.

And this time was no different; he ambled across the bridge, casually passing through the gate and setting course to an embracing companionship.

He arrived at the sanctum, but found no trace of his beloved. He made his way to the building, scouting its interior before proceeding to a thorough search across the meadow. His expression frowned, a sliver of concern chilled his very core. He felt the atmosphere serene, yet he perceived something in the air; a feeling he could not describe, but he sensed it strong.

He made his way to a nearby stream, but still he could find no sign of her. His eyes narrowed, his pace quickened; a thought jolted, but he was swift to dismissed the notion. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and tried to ease the tension building within him.

"Ástvinur-" A whisper came to his ear. His eyes remained shut, as a warm touch trailed across his back. He felt it circle around to his chest, to where a soft hand came to rest upon. She had returned to him.

"You had me worried." He spoke, as he placed his own against hers.

"Did I, now?" Their gaze interlocked. Her face reflected a loving warmth, yet he noticed something akin to roguery. Her smile momentarily dissolved any concern he had, as he became enthralled by her expression.

"You tease me-" He purred. He tried in vain, to decipher

her thoughts, for he could not foresee what would soon come to pass. She remained silent, but her eyes spoke to him; she ambled away, siding the stream towards a small waterfall.

He followed her to the plunge pool; the approaching dusk painting a blushing hue upon the rocks, the water shimmering under the fading sun. A small alcove could be seen behind the cascade, an array of glowing orbs flickering through the water curtain. The scenery would offer a bemusing view, but his eyes were drawn by a sight far more alluring.

"..." He remained speechless; his eyes widened, his heart hammered against his chest. Standing a short distance from him was Aletheia, her attire reduced to nothing but a silken cloth outlining her silhouette.

 

8