Chapter Five ♦ Harmonized friðill
28 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her eyes shimmered, unconcealed love burning deep within. She stood in silence, the expression on her face worth a thousand words. And although he had grasped the situation, he remained somewhat hesitant to move from his position; he had experienced such act in the past, yet at this very moment, it all appeared as unfamiliar territories, terrifying even.

His eyes followed her gracious steps, as she slowly backed away into the waters. Their gaze remained interlocked with one another, scarcely blinking as if both were in complete trance.

"Will you not join me?" She finally spoke, her tone only slightly alleviating his frigid posture. Moments passed, his reluctance obvious to her. "What is it you fear, Ástvinur? Is it me... or is it your troth?" She ponder upon the possibility.

"No-" He replied with a wince; her inquiry had seared his very core. "I have long dissolved any ardor for my impetuous marriage." He spoke truthfully.

A silence followed, their eyes piercing through each other, reaching deep within their souls. Following a short while, he began unfastening his tunic; their time had arrived, his deepest longing on the eve of fulfillment. He slowly submerged himself and joined her side, the coldness of the water clashing with his blazing skin.

"What I fear..." He reached for her. "Is myself..." His love for her was true and unwavering, and although she had long returned his affection in kind, he still had some doubts as to whether or not he was deserving of the bliss she brought him, worthy of her celestial character.

"Our love was fated, Kærasti..." She hushed him. "A blessing that will forever bind us." She closed the gap between them; her embrace dissolving any remaining qualms that brewed in his heart and mind. A kiss followed, gentle and akin to her sampling his lips. She felt his heartbeat increasing, the entirety of his being consumed by their endearment.

"Bound together for all of Eternity." He purred. His hands trailed the length of her arms, before traveling across her back. He savored her silky skin, but his touch remained unhurried. He would cherish this moment for as long as time itself allowed. "In heart... soul... and body." He sealed his lips to hers; they moved in harmony, taking a few steps back, before slowly emerging from the waters to the small alcove.

They would become one, their bodies joined by love.

Fin


And this marks the end of Part 1! As mentioned in the synopsis, this was meant as a short commissioned fanfiction.

So my many thanks to all those who read the story to the very last chapter, in hopes that I one day get commissioned again to write a continuation.

Kindly, Rin.

8