Ch119- All Together
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The soldiers, their formidable physical prowess evident, continued their march, unyielding. They retaliated by projecting dark energy towards Kazuki. However, Kazuki’s Zanpakuto, Kamijō Tenseiga, extended rapidly, absorbing and nullifying their energy attacks while simultaneously empowering Kazuki.

But they were many, and he was just one. Every time he managed to dodge or parry a dark energy blast, two more took its place. They were skilled in combat, their movements efficient and brutal. Yet, every so often, one of their dark energy shields would flash to life, blocking his rapid sword strikes.

"Kazuki!" Kukaku yelled, unleashing a barrage of her own attacks on a few soldiers who got too close, giving Kazuki a moment to breathe.

Suddenly, a few more Reiatsu signatures appeared around him. Turning his head, Kazuki spotted Yoruichi, Mashiro, Lisa, Isane, and Kensei, all poised for battle. Yoruichi approached him, her tone a mixture of softness and hurt as she asked, "You think you can trick me?"

Kazuki’s heart sank. He hadn’t wanted to involve them, to put them in danger. “I didn’t want any of you to get hurt,” he explained, his voice laden with regret.

“I thought we were buddies,” Kensei added, his voice carrying a hint of betrayal.

“I’m sorry,” Kazuki uttered sincerely, his voice barely above a whisper.

“You damn better be,” Lisa snapped, and the others nodded in agreement. Even the normally shy and kind Isane looked at him with a hint of anger in her eyes. Kazuki felt a lump in his throat, realizing he had truly betrayed their trust. The feeling of being a complete jerk washed over him, but he couldn’t dwell on it – the soldiers were still closing in.

He shook off the guilt, focusing on the task at hand. “Let’s deal with these guys first. We can settle our issues later,” he suggested, his voice firm.

Kazuki, standing resolute amidst the turmoil of battle, felt the cool air ruffle his silver hair. He could sense the modified soldiers closing in. His eyes narrowed, determination shining within them. "Devour, Kamijō Tenseiga," he whispered. His Zanpakuto's Shikai form responded, the blade extending with a blinding flash. As it stretched towards Lisa, she deftly wielded Tetsu Ryūjin, redirecting Kazuki's blade, creating a domino effect where the elongated blade cut a different path, mowing down more soldiers than Kazuki had originally targeted.

Kensei dove from the sky, a streak of power against the backdrop of the night. As he approached the ground, he roared, "Rend the Sky, Kaze no Yari!" His tanto transformed, morphing into a long, double-edged spear that thrummed with energy. The winds generated by his descent combined with the power of his Shikai, creating localized cyclones that pulled soldiers into their grasp. As they were lifted off the ground, Kensei slashed through them, his every move emphasizing the raw force of the wind.

Not far away, Mashiro danced elegantly on the battlefield, her green hair trailing behind her like a living entity. With a shout, "Dance with the Wind, Hana no Arashi!" her blade morphed into a mesmerizing feathered fan. As she spun and twirled, the gusts she summoned intermingled with the fires summoned by Kukaku. The wind fanned the flames, creating a fiery tornado that spiraled towards the enemy lines. The elemental dance intensified, a magnificent display of coordination and power between the two warriors.

Isane moved with a serenity that belied the chaos around her. Her voice gentle yet firm, she released her Shikai, "Illuminate the Path, Shirogane Tsuki." The silver staff she wielded pulsed with healing energy, mending wounds as quickly as they were inflicted. Every time a Shinigami was injured, she was there, her protective aura a beacon of hope.

Yoruichi's movements were elusive and swift. Shadows seemed to cling to her as she called upon her Shikai, "Shroud the world, Mugen Kage." Emerging from the dark tendrils, her strikes were precise, deadly. The modified soldiers could barely track her, only realizing her presence when it was too late. With each shadowy construct she created, she further turned the tide of the battle.

Meanwhile, Lisa moved fluidly, her polearm a blur as she struck down enemies. The ethereal dragons she summoned wove through the melee, adding to the chaos and confusion. As her dragons weaved in and out, Kazuki used this distraction to further extend Kamijō Tenseiga, absorbing more Reiatsu.

The battlefield was alive with synergy. Every Shinigami's abilities complemented another, and their unity was a spectacle to behold. Amidst the combined assault, the modified soldiers were gradually being overwhelmed. Despite their enhanced abilities, they were no match for the united front presented by the Shinigami.

As the battle reached its climax, Kazuki drew on the surge of power within him. With a fierce cry, he declared, "This ends now!" Channeling all his energy, he unleashed a final, overwhelming strike. The dazzling lights from Starlight Requiem blinded the remaining soldiers, rendering them vulnerable. As the light faded, it revealed a battlefield dominated by the triumphant Shinigami, their unity having paved the way for their victory.

As the fight ended, the group collectively found solace on the forest floor, their breathing heavy but satisfied after the intense battle. Once he caught his breath, Kazuki turned to the others, a serious expression on his face, "I am sorry. I saw another vision, telling me Azashiro was innocent. I knew I would go against Central 46, and I didn't want to put you in danger."

Mashiro, with a bit of a scowl, bit into his shoulder lightly, mumbling, "Idiot." The others nodded in agreement, showing their support. "We long swore to be in this together, no matter who we are against, Kazuki," Kensei stated, his voice firm yet supportive.

Kazuki could see the hurt in their eyes, the sense of betrayal. He really did feel like a complete jerk. Sighing, he decided to come clean, "I will make it up to you all, but before that let me tell you a couple of things. It was I who maimed Tokinada Tsunayashiro."

0