Ch120- Noble Clans
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere grew tense, as varied reactions flickered across their faces, but they soon softened, understanding the context. They all knew about Tsunayashiro’s engagement to Kakyō, and how horrifically he treated her. The Shiba Clan, particularly Kukaku, and Yoruichi had deep connections and affections for Kakyō. She was a beacon of kindness and care, impossible not to like. Understanding dawned on their faces; they couldn’t fault Kazuki for his actions.

"I used the ability I borrowed from Aizen to show as if Aizen did it. I thought not only I could save Kakyō from him but also implicate Aizen. However, the Tsunayashiro clan has not acted so far," he explained further, his voice steady.

The others nodded in understanding, their faces showing that they were processing this information. Kazuki then continued, “Secondly, Azashiro is innocent. Kukaku and I met him and he told us he created Modified Soldiers with Central 46's approval. They didn’t believe he could do so, but he did. He used criminals with the most disgusting crimes to create these soldiers that were loyal to him. However, upon seeing this, Central 46 felt threatened and used a Kido to control them. That’s what led to the attacks and massacres in Rukongai.”

Silence hung in the air as they all took in this new information. It was a lot to digest, but they trusted Kazuki, and they knew he wouldn’t lie to them about something this serious.

After a moment, Yoruichi spoke up, her tone soft, “Kazuki, we understand why you did what you did. And we’re not angry about you trying to protect us. But we wish you would trust us more, involve us in these decisions. We’re supposed to be a team, remember?”

Kazuki nodded, guilt evident in his expression. “You’re right. I should have trusted you all more. I’m sorry.”

Mashiro, her anger now dissipated, ruffled his silver hair playfully. “Just don’t do it again, okay? We’re all in this together.”

Kazuki smiled, relieved at their forgiveness. “I promise.”

“Isane, Lisa, and Kukaku, you’re the best with Kido among us. You can tell, can’t you?" Kazuki asked, his voice filled with urgency. He needed them to see what he had seen, to understand the truth about the Modified Soldiers.

Isane was the first to nod, her expression serious as she spoke, "I’ve never encountered a Kido quite like this, but I could definitely sense that those soldiers were in a berserk state." Lisa and Isane exchanged glances before nodding in agreement, their expertise in Kido leaving no room for doubt.

"That proves Azashiro was innocent," Kensei stated, the weight of the situation evident in his voice. He looked around at the group, his eyes lingering on Kazuki for a moment.

Yoruichi, ever the leader, took charge, "What now?" she asked, her voice calm but filled with a determination that spurred the others into action.

"We can't go against Central 46 directly," Lisa pointed out, her realistic perspective grounding the group. They all knew the risks involved in taking on the Central 46, and none of them were willing to risk their lives without a solid plan.

“Let’s gather evidence and present it to the Captains. Let them decide what they want to do. That’s all we can do right now,” Yoruichi suggested, her experience as the heir of the Shihōin Clan guiding her judgment.

The group fell into contemplation, the gravity of the situation pressing down on them. They knew they were treading on dangerous ground, but they also knew they couldn’t just stand by and let injustice prevail.

Kazuki, feeling the weight of the responsibility on his shoulders, spoke up, “I know I’ve kept a lot from you all, and I’m sorry for that. We can’t let Central 46 control the narrative any longer.”

The others nodded, their resolve strengthening. They were in this together, and they were going to see it through to the end, no matter what it took.

As Kazuki made his way back to the Shiba Clan’s residence with Kukaku, they spotted Isshin perched atop the entrance wall, a grin plastered on his face. Kukaku, never one to miss a beat, stuck her tongue out at her uncle before planting a quick kiss on Kazuki’s cheek and heading inside.

Taking a seat next to Isshin, Kazuki took a deep breath, ready to unload the heavy information he had gathered. “So?” Isshin prompted, curiosity lacing his voice.

Kazuki exhaled, his words flowing out as he detailed everything—from the vision he had seen, the doubts about Azashiro’s guilt, to the plan they had formulated to gather evidence against Central 46. He concluded with a firm, “Azashiro is innocent.”

“I know,” Isshin said simply, causing Kazuki’s eyes to widen in surprise.

“I fought with him before. A sword doesn’t lie. I know he wouldn’t do something like this, but there’s nothing we can do. Central 46 has the support of four Noble Clans on this. There’s no turning back now,” Isshin explained, his tone holding a mixture of resignation and frustration.

“All four?” Kazuki questioned, unable to hide the disbelief in his voice. He couldn’t imagine the Shihōin Clan, led by Yoruichi’s grandfather, or the Kuchiki Clan, helmed by the honorable Ginrei Kuchiki, supporting such injustice.

Isshin saw the confusion on Kazuki’s face and decided to clarify, “It doesn’t work like that, Kazuki. The Kuchiki and Ōga Clans remained neutral, while the Shihōin Clan opposed the motion. Only the Tsunayashiro Clan accepted the proposition set by Central 46. By the usual standards, the proposition should’ve been rejected outright, but Central 46 counts as a vote altogether. That made it two against one. Azashiro has always been a thorn in the Tsunayashiro Clan’s side. They’ve wanted to get rid of him for ages but couldn’t find a way. Now, they’re throwing everything they have into this.”

Isshin stood up, his presence commanding yet filled with an understanding warmth. "I can't fathom why you're throwing yourself into this, but I'm certain it's not out of a sense of justice. But, you know what? That doesn't really matter to me. I trust you, Kazuki. I know you're trying to keep things low-key, and I know you're doing your best to shield the Shiba Clan from any backlash. Just... make sure you're also looking out for yourself. I don't want to see my niece’s heart shattered." His voice was firm but filled with concern.

Kazuki merely nodded, remaining seated as Isshin left him with his thoughts. The words resonated with him, stirring up questions he hadn’t fully addressed before. Why was he so invested in proving Azashiro’s innocence? His instincts screamed at him to pursue this path, but it wasn’t out of a burning desire for justice. Something more was at play, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

0