Ch121- Central 46
128 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the cloak of night, just outside the familiar walls of the Shiba compound, Kazuki gathered his trusted group. The cool breeze carried a tension that seemed to grip the air with an unspoken urgency.

“We need to enter Central 46,” Kazuki stated plainly, the decision clear in his voice. His friends, arrayed before him, exchanged swift looks, their expressions a mixture of resolve and concern.

Kukaku stepped forward, her stance firm and her eyes reflecting the moon’s glow. “Central 46? That’s a fortress, Kazuki. Even with our skills...” Her voice trailed off, but the implied risks hung heavily between them.

Yoruichi’s silhouette melded with the shadows, her voice smooth as the darkness itself. “If we’re going to do this, we need a solid plan. Stealth and precision must be our allies tonight.”

Mashiro piped up energetically, “I’m ready to kick some serious butt if we need to!”

Isane interjected softly, “Violence should be our last resort. Central 46 holds too much power to confront head-on without dire consequences.”

Lisa, holding her Zanpakuto casually over her shoulder, nodded in agreement. “Let’s not forget, this is the heart of our laws. Getting caught isn't an option.”

Kensei, who had been leaning against a tree, unfolded his arms and walked over to Kazuki, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “You’ve thought this through, right? Because once we step onto this path, there’s no turning back.”

Kazuki met Kensei’s gaze, the moonlight casting shadows across his pale face. “I know. But this isn’t about breaking laws. It’s about uncovering the truth. And I can’t— let that dreading future come.”

The group fell silent, each person digesting Kazuki’s words, understanding the weight of their task.

Yoruichi broke the silence, her voice cutting through the night air. “Then it’s decided. We go tonight. Kazuki, lead the way.”

The Shiba compound's familiar silhouette receded as they moved out, the night’s embrace concealing their departure.

Navigating the labyrinthine pathways of Seireitei by memory and instinct, they approached the heavily guarded Central 46 chambers. The building loomed ahead, its daunting structure a silent testament to the authority within.

Mashiro whispered, her excitement barely contained, “This is like one of those stealth missions in stories!”

Isane hushed her with a look, reminding her of the gravity of their undertaking.

oruichi's voice, ever calm and collected, wove through the group as she explained the formidable outer defenses of Central 46. "The walls are Sekkiseki stone," she began, her tone instructive, "impenetrable to any reiatsu. They've been a foolproof deterrent against spiritual pressure-based intrusion."

Lisa nodded thoughtfully. "Sekkiseki... That means we can't just break through or jump over. And no sneaking past sensors if they can't sense us in the first place."

"The turrets are the real issue," Yoruichi continued, "they're concealed using reishi. Invisible and lethal. They'll shoot anything that moves without the right clearance."

Mashiro bounced on her heels, the energy palpable even in the darkness. "So we can't be seen or sensed. What if we—"

"Go under," Isane suggested softly, almost a whisper. "The walls don't go below ground, do they?"

Yoruichi shook her head. "Unlikely, but the moat that circles the complex is a Kido trap. It's a Bakudō moat; step into it without knowing the counter spell, and you're as good as caught."

Lisa frowned, contemplating the moat. "That rules out digging too shallowly then. We'll need to be deep enough to avoid the moat's effects but not so deep that we collapse the tunnels."

Kensei broke in, "What about distractions? Could we divert the turrets' attention?"

Yoruichi mulled it over. "Possibly, but the system is automated. It's designed to recalibrate immediately after an obstruction is cleared. We'd need a continuous distraction."

Mashiro's hand shot up, "I can be super distracting!"

Yoruichi suppressed a smile, "You are indeed, but this requires subtlety. We need to move unseen, untouched, and undetected."

Kazuki listened intently, absorbing every word, every theory. He knew his friends were some of the best minds and warriors he could ask for. Their willingness to dive into the unknown for him was not something he took lightly.

Kazuki then said, "That won’t be necessary." Yoruichi frowned, "What do you mean it won’t be necessary, Kazuki? These are no jokes."

Kazuki shook his head, not knowing how to explain it, "I feel like I have been here before. I passed through these defenses." Kazuki closed his eyes, and a silhouette appeared in his mind. In his vision, he was following that silhouette respectfully, watching him dismantle every single defense this place could offer.

"Kazuki, what are you saying?" Lisa’s voice cut through the tension.

He opened his eyes, his gaze distant but sure, "I can see it—the path through the defenses. It's like walking in someone else's footsteps."

Mashiro’s face lit up with a mix of confusion and curiosity, "You mean, like a memory?"

Kazuki nodded slowly, "More like an echo. There's a way through; I just need to focus on it."

Yoruichi assessed Kazuki carefully, "Alright, if you say so. But if you’re wrong, we’re all in deep trouble."

They trusted Kazuki, so without further questions, they prepared to follow his lead. Kazuki closed his eyes, and a bespectacled man appeared in front of him. His steps were confident, his posture arrogant. As if everything was in his control. He pulled out his sword, and his Reiatsu covered his body like a barrier. Kazuki felt himself walking in as well to penetrate the barrier separating the Seireitei from Central 46. As they passed through the barrier, the bespectacled man chuckled, "To think a Shiba Clan remnant had this type of technique. Splendid. No wonder they were one of the Noble Clans."

With the path now clear in his mind, Kazuki led the group forward. He walked with a certainty that seemed to pulse through the air, guiding the others in his wake. Yoruichi followed close, her eyes sharp, alert to any shift in the environment that Kazuki might miss. Her trust in Kazuki was implicit, their connection running deep through the bond they shared.

"The turrets," Kazuki whispered, and everyone froze. "Follow my steps exactly." Like a dance, they moved, each footstep in perfect harmony with Kazuki's, narrowly avoiding the invisible paths of the turrets' sensors.

0