Chapter 164: Treasure Hunting Part 2; Demonic Tome
186 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin is leisurely walking through a vast maze-like cave system. Unlike the serene lush forest of her previous locations, this place was dimly lit, with only the occasional streaks of sunlight filtering down from holes in the ceiling, casting eerie shadows on the cave walls.

The Qiankun Treasure Map in her hand indicated a blue spot within the cave, hinting at the presence of another treasure.

She walked with confidence, her eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger. Unlike the forest, the cave system was eerily silent, devoid of any life forms, even within her spiritual consciousness.

However, despite the silence and the gloom, Meng Lin wasn't intimidated. In fact, she found the quiet solitude of the caves to be quite calming.

As she ventured deeper into the cave, she came across an underground stream. Its waters were clear and flowed slowly through the cave.

She took a leap, crossing the stream effortlessly, landing softly on the other side. As she did, her spiritual consciousness detected a faint trace of a unique aura, the same kind she had felt back in the forest.

Following the aura, she finally came across a large, open cavern. At the center of the cavern was a large cauldron, its body was iron, and a strong smell drifted from within.

Walking further along, Meng Lin detected nothing within her spiritual consciousness except for a pill that gave of a similar feeling as the fruit she found in the forest, except this pill's glow was much more intense.

Meng Lin approached the cauldron slowly, her gaze fixed on the pill. She could sense a powerful energy emanating from it. It was far stronger than the Spiritual Fruit she had found earlier.

Arriving at the open cauldron she reached out and tried to pick the pill. But unexpectedly, a powerful energy barrier blocked her attempt.

"Another barrier," Meng Lin remarked, a faint frown on her face. She raised her scarred sword, readying a waterfall slash.

Boom!

With a booming sound, the barrier shattered, the cauldron broke in two and the pill fell into her hands. The energy it released was incredibly intense, making the Spiritual Fruit she had found in the forest seem almost insignificant in comparison.

Meng Lin observed the fruit closely, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. This pill, just like the fruit was protected by a barrier, meaning that it was done intentionally.

Before she had a vague idea of what kind of aura was being emanated by the spiritual fruit but now she was completely sure, it was an aura just like the spider demon that went through a metamorphosis.

‘These are no ordinary treasures’ Meng Lin thought, her thoughts running along as she hoped that it was all just her overthinking.

Nevertheless, she didn’t stop and decided to head towards the next treasure, she had no intention of exploring the cave any further, as she still had many more blue spots to visit.

***

A few hundred miles away, a fortress, massive and imposing, sprawled across a barren landscape. The monolithic structure emanated a palpable aura of power, its stone walls adorned with sky-grade talismans that flickered with a soft, magical glow.

Within this fortress resided a group of enigmatic figures clad in ebony robes, their identities shrouded by the heavy fabric that concealed their features.

They congregated within a grand hall, with ceilings high and dome-like, it was adorned with intricate designs that seemed to narrate an ancient tale. At the heart of this majestic hall, a massive tome lay open on an ornate pedestal of obsidian.

The men moved in a synchronized pattern, their bodies bending and rising in a rhythmic dance as they chanted in a language that resonated with an otherworldly feeling.

The tome, aged and worn, radiated a warm, golden light with each chant, the ancient words echoing through the grand hall like a haunting melody, causing the air to vibrate with a strange energy.

Upon the ancient tome, like a queen upon her throne, sat a small, demonic figure. Her body was petite, yet emanated an aura of immense power. Her skin was a deep, midnight black, contrasting starkly against her clear white robes.

She bore two pairs of jet-black wings, their edges razor-sharp, that folded neatly behind her. Her eyes, a fiery red, watched the men with an air of indifference, her gaze apathetic.

Suddenly, within the indifferent gaze was a shift and her head turned towards the side, seemingly looking through the massive fortress that surrounded her.

Her lips curled into a sneer as she opened her mouth to speak, "l feel it, that’s the second one, The tainted bloods are being plucked, taken without my consent." Her words, though spoken softly, carried an unmistakable tone of anger and power, echoing ominously within the grand hall.

A collective shiver ran through the robed men, their synchronized movements faltering momentarily at their leader's displeasure. One among them, a tall figure with a staff adorned with a glimmering crystal, stepped forward. "We will take care of it, my lady," he said, his voice firm yet respectful.

The demonic figure looked at him, her fiery red eyes boring into his. "See to it that you do," she replied coldly, her gaze returning to the distant point she was observing earlier.

As some men left the room and some men resumed their chanting, the petite figure leaned back against her throne-like perch on the ancient tome, her sharp wings rustling softly against the worn pages.

‘that spider wrench is already ahead in the race to summon the gateways. She had been the first to gain an advantage in this competition, I can’t let that continue. Her lips curled into a snarl at the thought.

"If I become the last one to summon a gateway because of this..." she mused, her voice trailing off. Her eyes hardened, a fierce arrogance burning in their fiery depths. "I would be behind both the spider wrench and the snake wrench, No, I won't let that happen, if only I can leave this tome”

****

Meng Lin arrived atop a small hill, the Qiankun Treasure Map in her hand glowing brighter as she neared the location of the next treasure. The landscape around her was barren, a stark contrast to the lush forest and the eerie caves she had previously explored.

She approached the location, this time, however, she didn't sense the same unique aura that she'd felt from the previous treasures. It was different, something naturally created, not tainted by the aura of demons.

At the heart of the hill, lodged in the ground, was a small, crystalline droplet. The droplet was a deep, rich red, as if it were a drop of blood, yet it was solid, like a precious gem. Its surface was smooth and cool to the touch, and it shimmered in the sunlight, casting a soft, red glow around it.

Meng Lin kneeled, reaching out to touch the crystalline droplet. As her fingers made contact, a surge of energy rushed through her, powerful yet not overwhelming. It was a pure, natural energy, unlike the intense, demonic aura she had felt from the fruit and the pill.

She carefully plucked the crystalline droplet from the ground, the energy within it pulsating gently in her hand. She could feel its power, a power just like vital essence, pure and untainted.

"The third treasure," Meng Lin murmured, a smile of satisfaction gracing her lips. She tucked the crystalline droplet safely into her storage ring, alongside the pill and the fruit.

With the third treasure secured, Meng Lin looked at the map, her gaze falling on the eleven remaining blue spots that still awaited her. She took one last look at the barren landscape, then turned around and began her journey toward the next treasure.

13