Chapter 3: Spiritual Root
1.6k 7 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
When Meng Lin entered the Recruitment Hall she saw an Elderly man sitting cross-legged at the center of the room.
 

'This should be Elder Meng.' After she thought of this Meng Lin immediately cupped her hands and fist and saluted toward the Elder.

"Greetings Elder." Despite standing in front of a man who could kill her in an instant, Meng Lin remained calm and it was noticed by the Elder who showed a rather surprised expression.

Usually, the new disciples would be stressed or at least nervous when entering the room but the young woman before him looked at him calmly as if nothing unusual happened, there was even a trace of excitement hidden in the depths of her eyes.

"Hmm, go sit there I'll begin the test." Elder Meng then pointed at a straw mat and then began to explain. "This test will determine how far you can go in your future cultivation, in reality, we already know that you'll be able to start cultivation because of your background, but we don't know what your potential is. Potential for cultivation is nto that important, as long as you have willpower, I'll now check the purity of your Spiritual Root." Elder Meng had the air of a teacher as he began to give Meng Lin some new information.

'I see so this isn't a talent-based world, Seeing as both my parents are cultivators, my purity shouldn't be too bad, but I don't know how it is measured.' Meng Lin began to think in her head but she stayed focused while listening to Elder Meng, seeing the shifts in her gaze, Elder Meng smiled and continued to explain.

"Spiritual Root is formed from the Five Elements, it represents your compatibility to each of the elements and will decide the path you will take in the future, the five elements are Fire, Earth, Gold, Wood, and finally Water, obviously each element as it strength and weakness but it is unnecessary to care about it before you achieve some success in your cultivation." Listening to Elder Meng's words Meng Lin wasn't surprised as it was something common in cultivation novel.

"Alright enough about this, it's time to start the test, you don't have to do anything just let my Spiritual Energy probe your Spiritual Root and I'll be able to tell you potential." After saying this, a thin strand of Blue Qi emerged from Elder Meng's finger and directly entered Meng Lin's body.

Meng Lin only felt slightly strange for some time before the sensation disappeared.

"Hmm not bad, you're only slightly less talented than a genius , I'll tell you about your Spiritual Root in details, in your case your Spiritual Root is as following, Water, Fire, Gold, Wood and finally Earth, thus I recommend you to cultivate in this direction starting with Water, In the future as you would need fewer efforts compared to others, in any case, everyone is the same in the Qi Gathering Realm so you have some time to think about it, here take this and go to your designated chamber, also take this book, it is the Basic Qi Cultivation Method from our Sect, on it are the records on how to cultivate in the Qi Gathering Realm. I hope we'll meet again when you obtained some success in your cultivation." After finishing speaking Elder Meng disappeared from the room and Meng Lin was brought outside of it.

'Alright, it's finally time!' Meng Lin's eyes contained traces of excitement and she went directly towards the Area indicated by the map, soon she had arrived in the Outer Parts of the Outer Sect and found her designated place, it looked like the cultivation cave she had read about.

"So this is my place now. Alright, it looks pretty good and the scenery outside is also beautiful." In reality, Meng Lin didn't care where she would stay but seeing the place she was rather happy about it.

Meng Lin soon entered the cave and closed behind her using the switch she found in her room, a giant stone blocked the entrance to her cave and some blue stone lit up the inside of the dark cave.

"These should be Luminous Stone that father mentioned yesterday. No matter, I should directly begin to cultivate, the faster I reach the Foundation Building Realm the better it will be." Thus Meng Lin directly sat cross-legged on her stone bed and took out the book she received from Elder Meng, but when she touched it something strange happened.

[Discovered Cultivation Method, Basic Qi Gathering]

[Initializing Immortal Taoists System]

[User detected: Meng Lin, System Bound.]

Meng Lin looked stunned when she saw the screen that had appeared before her, it was the legendary system that most transmigrators received when they go to another world.

After some time Meng Lin couldn't help but laugh, with a system, her path to becoming an Immortal being should be a lot easier than ever, but she didn't laugh for too long since she didn't know the specific ability of the system.

59