Chapter 5: Wild Spirit beasts
1.4k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Walking out of her small cave that was situated on the side of the mountain, Meng Lin began to think of what she lacked the most right now as she headed for the outer disciple hall.
 

After having been transmigrated into this world Meng Lin had never been in any bad situations so she didn't have to fight since she had her bodyguards and her father to protect her, she knew that what she lacked right now would be experienced in combat and she had to fix that.

Meng lin reached the outer disciple hall and the place was bustling with outer sect disciples going about their business.

Not wanting to stand out she walked slowly along the hall looking for the mission board when a girl in a pink dress suddenly approached her.

with a smile across her face, she asked "Are you new here, do you need anything".

by the Aura that the girl is admitting Meng Lin judged that she was a Qi gathering realm cultivator at the 3rd stage.

A little curious Meng Lin replied "yes, and how did you know"

"Oh, I have never seen you before and I know all outer sect disciples, by the way, what is your name, my name is Yu Yun nice to meet you," said the girl with a cheeky smile while a light flashed in her eyes.

"Meng Lin"

"Meng Lin how can I help you, I know about all kinds of information here"

"Oh, then can you tell me why most disciples here are talking about encountering weird spirit beasts"

"That is big news concerning the cultivation world so you'll have to pay 2000 spirit stones to know that," said the girl with a cheeky smile.

"No thanks, I just came for the mission board," said Meng Lin as she walked past her, she was not looking to get swindled.

'Hump you're no fun' Meng Lin suddenly heard the girl's voice reverberate in her head as she looked back to find nobody there.

Looking at her surroundings she noticed that everyone was going with their business and nobody reacted any differently 'what was that, was that some old grandma'. having read a lot of novels Meng Lin couldn't stop that thought from filling her head but right now she has no way of confirming that.

Not making sense of the girl in pink Meng Lin could only put it in the back of her mind as she continued to do what she came here to do in the first place.

Looking at the board on which should be missions pinned with different ranks corresponding to the threat level.

Meng Lin could see only rank one mission on the board, all of which seemed simple to do, ranging from cleaning the sect to patrolling the perimeter of the sect.

Meng Lin searched up and down until she found something that suited her.

"Hmm.. I'll get this one"

Meng ling headed to the Westmount valley which is one of the locations that the sect uses to gather herbs and plants.

The mission was to pick a certain flower but Meng Lin was not going there just for that, the Westmount valley has spirit beasts only in the first rank, so Meng Lin was going there to test her strength

**Westmount valley **

Meng Lin entered the valley with a little bit of expectation but after 10 minutes of walking around the valley and seeing no spirit beast she chose to make them come to her instead as she looked for a clearing between the trees to use one of the items she got from the system market.

Before coming to Westmount valley Meng Lin had bought a few useful things from the system market, one of which was the beast-attracting candle

[beast attracting candle] lv1

Beast are attracted to the smell of the candle after it is lit, it releases a sweet smell to spirit beasts.

System coin:30

Meng Lin lit the candle and the smoke from the candle started to drift into the air.

After five minutes Meng Lin saw her first-ever spirit beast, it was a normal-looking wolf with a small horn protruding from its head.

"Growl"

Right after appearing, it didn't stop to assess the situation but lunged for Meng Lin right away.

Meng Lin felt a palpitating heartbeat and began gathering Qi towards her left hand before punching out with all her might toward the wolf's head.

crack!

the spirit beast's head burst open, splattering blood all over the place, she had killed it instantly.

'Whoops, I was too flustered, I should have adjusted my strength to match my enemy'

Meng Lin signed and bent down to reach inside the head of the spirit beast to look for the Beast core but alas her hands came out empty, she was not surprised as Beast cores are only found in extremely rare spirit beasts, one in a thousand, so she was not disappointed as she had very little use for it anyways.

Before her second opponent appears, Meng Lin wanted to eat so she wiped her hand off the blood from earlier and took out her cold steel sword to dismember the wolf, gathering fire Qi to light a small fire she began to cook a skewered piece to eat.

And 2 minutes later it was done and looked appetizing, she bit down on it with expectation but quickly spat it out right away as the taste was unbearable.

'Ugh, why do they taste so bad, are spirit beasts not supposed to be eaten, and here I was thinking I could eat them' Meng Lin thought with a sour face as she was imagining that in the future she would get to try heavenly meat textures like in a lot of those anime shows.

Meng Lin started looking around as she realized that the smell of the candle that she had lit had gone out.

Not satisfied with the wait Meng Lin took 2 more candles to light up.

A minute later she heard a sound in the bushes to her left, but as she turned to look she saw a shadow below her and she tightened her hold on the cold steel sword to strike up above her.

"Shrill"

There came a scream as a shadow fell on the ground, Meng Lin looked over to see the bleeding figure of a black monkey.

Not giving it a chance to get up Meng Lin gathered qi in her sword to deliver a final slash to the monkey.

'What kind of spirit beast is this, it was smart enough to distract me.

As she was thinking this, from the bush where the noise came from, a shadow sprung out with claws aimed toward her head.

"What"

Totally caught off guard Meng Lin didn't have time to defend herself as the claws of the monkey arrived at her head when suddenly an aura burst from her body.

"Peng"

The monkey's claws were violently repelled by a chaotic Qi around and caused it to move back a little, however Meng Lin didn't miss the golden opportunity as she raised her sword to slash the monkey with her sword imbued with brute Qi.

Boom!

A small arc of chaotic qi was released from the blade towards the monkey pulverizing it instantly.

As Meng Lin looked at the damage dealt by her attack she didn't fail to notice that she had been surrounded by more than a dozen monkeys with one being considerably different than the others.

On top of the trees to her left is a monkey with a huge grin on its face giving off an aura no less than a cultivator at the peak of the Qi gathering realm.

Meng Lin looked at all this with a serious look as arcs of chaotic Qi released from her body.

45