Chapter 6: Fierce Battle
1.2k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having used 2 candles Meng Lin was expecting some increase in numbers but she didn't think it would be this much showing up.

"Roar"

The huge monkey that was twice the size of the others roared and all the monkeys roared after it.

10 out of the 12 smaller monkeys jumped down from their trees and started to lunch an attack against Meng Lin, they charged at her from all directions.

Meng Lin had prepared herself for this as she calmed her palpitating heart and jumped towards the monkey closest to her.

Her sword that was glowing blue and releasing power threatening to destroy itself easily sliced it's target in half and released a sword beam towards the monkey behind the first one.

With that wave of Qi from the sword, a crack formed at the hilt of the sword.

'Damn' Meng Lin did not fail to realize the cause as there came a peng sound on her back, behind her a monkey was squealing as it's claw felt the shock from the recoil of its surprise attack.

Meng Lin turned and lunged her sword into its neck and slashed horizontally, beheding it entirely.

She did not stop at that as she jumped from one monkey to another, she wanted to finish this battle before her brute Qi destroys her Sword completely.

'It's only those three left' thought Meng Lin as she slashed the last monkey that was attacking her.

Up in the trees the two monkeys by the huge monkey yelled and charged it.

""Roar""

They jumped off of the branches and turned to attack her, clawing and biting at her vitals.

Cleng!!

Blocking the claws coming towards her and dodging the bites aimed at her head Meng Lin raised her sword and released powerful qi as she slashed out a wave of chaotic qi towards the monkeys. the attack tore through the torso of one monkey and cut the other one in half.

The sword cracked even more as it struggled to contain the brute qi surrounding it.

The huge Monkey that was watching all this finally moved as it left an afterimage on the tree it was standing on before completely disappearing from Meng Lin's vision.

She suddenly felt a chill down her spine and before she could react the monkey lifted up its arm and clawed at her back releasing qi upon impact.

Meng Lin completely cought off guard recived an attack so powerful that the brute qi protecting her couldn't do a thing against it, she was lunched towards a tree as her Qi was ripped to shreds.

Boom

The tree barely intact from the crash fell on the ground and Meng Lin lifted herself up, her face was pale as she was experiencing pain never felt before.

"Ugh"

Having recived such a fearsome attack she was momentarily dazed but realizing the critical situation she activated her brute qi once more and looked at the huge monkey with hate in her eyes, who knew that a rank one spirit beast was this powerful.

She began to think that she had been going about this all wrong, she had used her strongest state right at the beginning, now she had little energy to spare.

If she had saved up her Brute Qi at the beginning she would have stood a chance but all was not lost yet as she still survived.

"And failing to kill me on your first strike is a big mistake" Meng Lin said coldly as she picked up her broken sword that was filled with cracks, she turned and dashed up into the trees.

The monkey, with it's sneering smile didn't move to follow, not until she was 30 meters away did it sprint after her.

Meng Lin looked back and smiled a little, having been moving at a shocking speed before she could tell that the huge monkey was toying with her based on the speed it was following her now.

But she was counting on it as she was not running away blindly, her goal was a waterfall that was close by.

'a few more seconds and we'll reach it'

"Roar"

Behind her the monkey roared as if to rile up its pray but Meng Lin didn't stop nor react to the roar as she kept moving while gathering brute Qi on her sword.

seeing no reaction from it's pray the hugh monkey became angry and started increasing its speed from 30 meter to 15 in a matter of a second.

Meng Lin gritted her teeths and furiously poured Qi into her sword while simultaneously taking a talisman out of her storage bag to put on the sword.

'Almost there'

The huge monkey's growl could be heard right behind her as she felt that same chill envelope her as when she was attacked earlier, but unlike earlier she had a counter this time.

She didn't even turn around as she tossed the sword with all her might behind her.

Boom

"ROAR"

The cold steel sword which was full of brute qi had explode and the sword shards traveling at super speed lunched themselves into the monkey's face causing it to scream in pain.

The huge monkey's roar filled the air as it fell to the ground to cover it's face, shards of blades were lunged inside the whole right side of it's face causing him to have a menacing look.

Meng Lin didn't stop to look at the result as she dived deep into water without any hesitation.

 
 
38