Chapter 7: Formless
1k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**the Levitation Sect**

Inside the sect master's abode, in a room with lavish decorations and bright pearl ornaments two people are walking out of a teleportation array as element particles shot out of the circle of the array.

Walking out of the array was a middle aged man wearing a blue robe and with cold expression, while the other is a young man wearing black clothes with sharp eyes.

"So father, why did you want me to come here so suddenly?" The young man asked respectfully.

"Little Rui I brought you here from your sect because I want you to be there for the competition between us and The Raging Fire Sect that's going to come up soon" the middle aged man said with a soft voice.

"But father wouldn't it be better if I just wait for the sect competition between the Breeze Sect and the Soul Shattering Sect" the young man said with confusion.

The middle aged man looked at the young man with a slight pity in his eyes and looked down and said "Little Rui, i want you to obserbe this one as your training for the upcoming one in your sect, and I also wanted to see the techniques you inherited from your mother"

"Father" the young man said with a sad expression as he looked at the middle aged man.

"Your mother's death still troubles me so i would rather you start here for the competition than be in that sect" the middle aged man said as he took out a pendant with a small picture of a beautiful woman inside.

"Here I am giving this to you" said the middle aged man as he handed the pendant to the young man.

"But father isn't this something that you had since childhood" the young man was slightly shocked as this was something his father never allowed anyone to touch even his mother, and yet he is giving it to him.

"Thank you father I'll make sure to treasure it" the young man said as he touched the pendant with care.

Just as the middle aged man was about to talk the door to the room opened and a man walked in exuding the aura of a scholar.

"I sensed you through my spiritual consciousness sect master so I came as soon as possible." The man said

"Long Yi you came at the right time, escort Xiao Riu here to the direct diciples quarters." The middle aged man lost all of his caring attitude from earlier and went to a majestic sect master.

The young man, now known as Xiao Rui didn't fine this strange as he stepped out to greet the man that has the scholar air around him.

"Hello uncle Yi how have you been"

Long Yi looked at the young man that looks to be twenty years old, his voice had a cold undertone and his aura was heavy too.

"young lord, you have progressed fast" said Long Yi with full honesty as he, a cultivator at the peak of the Soul Wondering realm sensed danger from a late stage cultivator.

"It's nothing really", said the Xiao Riu as he let out a chuckle.

'so this is a cultivator from a rank 4 sect, we are miles apart, I wonder how young lord even got into that sect' Long Yi sighed as he wondered how vast the differences between rank 3 sects and rank 4 sects were.

** Westmount Valley **

Inside the waters of the waterfall is Meng Lin, the moment she jumped into the water she called out inside her mind.

'System'

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 5 Stage]

[Experience points: 287/6000]

System coin: 60

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering]

[Market]

Boom

Meng Lin suddenly heard a sound up above her and looking up she could see the disfigured face of the huge monkey, it swam crazy towards her with stretched claws.

Meng Lin felt a chill down her spine and went straight to the market section and scrolled towards the very bottom

To buy what would help her in this situation.

[Formless Water Talismen]

When the talisman is attached, it can change one's form to water for a whole day, only usable in water.

50 :system coin

After buying the talisman she immediately attached it to her body.

Meng Lin's body which was seconds away from death suddenly glowed blue before turning into nothing.

Oooo!

the monkey swiped at nothing but water and couldn't perceive what was going on, it's pray which was at death's door was suddenly gone.

"Roar"

The monkey roared out as it's eyes glowed red, it was truly mad as it's roar sent shockwaves in the water with the water surrounding it chunking from vibration.

Persistent, the monkey stayed in the same area for 5 minutes but with no air and target in sight, it had no choice but to go back up for air.

For the next three hours on the waterfall the monkey kept smashing and trashing about, and finally after finding nobody, it could only grunt and go back to its home in the jungle.

**3 hours earlier **

Inside the water of the waterfall Meng Lin found her self in a peculiar situation as she couldn't feel, talk, hear and see anything, the only thing that she could do was think and move her consciousness slowly in the water but she was bearly able to form clear thoughts.

She had become water herself, as if her body had merged with the water, she had no arms and no legs, she had become water itself.

She felt like she would go crazy, she only had the small ability to form thoughts and with what little thought that she had, she kept persisting and trying all kinds methods.

Ever so slowly she released her consciousness from one area to another but felt only the weavings of water.

**7 hours later **

She tried to focus her consciousness inside the waters but she only found more water, her consciousness moved so slow that it takes hours to make any real progress.

**8 hours later **

she moved down or what she thought was down and kept moving down for what seems like an eternity.

she was down until she couldn't go anymore as she was blocked by the bedrock.

**2 hours later **

Meng lin decided to just wait it out as she saw no way out of this slow moving consciousness.

It was at that moment that she suddenly "felt" something, her mind became clear as she could finally "think" even if it was just a little bit faster than before.

**3 hours later **

she noticed that if she focused inside the water at the boundarys between the bedrock that she could "feel" something.

that something was Qi as between the bedrock and the water she could "see" water and earth qi jumbled up together.

she noticed the way they interacted to the microscopic level, in between the water qi and the earth qi there was also a minuscule layer of a different qi between them, it seemed as if there was something that kept the two different type of elements separate, yet also together.

**4 hours later **

Meng Lin had arrived at a discovery, but as she began to ponder about it she suddenly felt water, she could see and feel, she could hear her muffled cough blocked by water and she could feel water invading her mouth.

Gasp!!

She regained her senses in that moment as she surrounded herself with qi to let the water flow around her.

at the waterfall, just above the surface of the water, water bubbles came up and as the bubble broke on the surface of the water, a girl clad in a black and white robe sprung out of the water onto the dry lan, drenched in water.

Meng Lin had returned to the surface with a scar mark on her back but with newfound discoveries, she breathed in the refreshing air as she said slowly

"Finally back"

39