Chapter 8: Slight Enlightenment
1k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin felt refreshed after coming out of the water, the scar on her back still tingles but she had learned to bear with it.

She looked around the place to find the whole area around the waterfall destroyed with the huge monkey being the likely suspect.

Seeing no trace of life around Meng Lin was anout to call out the system when panels began to appear infront of her.

[Congratulations for having experienced a slight moment of enlightenment]

[you Have recived a reward for achieving your first ever enlightenment]

[recived taoist gacha wheel ticket]

[recived the formless cultivation method]

[Do you wish to accept the rewards]

“Yes”

In front of Meng Lin appeared a floating book shimmering with golden lights that faded in and out of existence, one moment it would be releasing the most brilliant light and the next it cease to exist from reality.

‘Enlightenment’ Meng Lin’s thoughts were on the sentence from the system, she couldn’t help but thing back to when she could suddenly “see” the qi between the water and earth qi.

“Speaking of which” Meng Lin went back to the system panel to see what had changed.

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 5 Stage]

[Experience points: 287/6000]

System coin: 10

Taoist Gacha wheel: available

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated Elemental Qi]

[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering]

[Market]

‘Mutated Elemental Qi, mud and erosion’ Meng Lin was surprised to see such things in there.

She wasn’t surprised at the mud being there, as it’s the combination of water and earth but erosion, and for her Elemental qi to mutate just from viewing “that”, she didn’t think that was all there was to it.

She began focus on the [Mud] and lines of text started appearing under the [Mud].

[Mud]

Water Qi combined with earth Qi allows the manipulation of thick and heavy mud.

She began to ponder before doing the same thing to the [Erosion].

[Erosion]

Water combined with earth becomes Erosion, the ability to corrode away any and all material.

“Any and all materials, does that mean that it would work on me as well”

And she noticed the comprehension percentage next to them meaning that she hadn’t comprehend them yet.

Meng Lin began to collect her thoughts, she looked at herself and sighed at how unkept she was looking right now, after finding a hidden place she cleaned her self up and change her clothes.

Only after doing all that did she start walking towards the sect’s direction.

**2 days later **

**levitation sect**

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 8 Stage] suppressed

[Experience points: 4535/6000]

System coin: 10

Taoist Gacha wheel: available

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering]

[Market]

The fusion between two different elements, Water and earth, That was the the discovery that Meng Lin had made two days ago.

after leaving that waterfall and drying herself with fire qi, Ming Lin went right back to the sect, her mission having been long forgotten.

It was only after getting to the sect did she realize that she hadn’t picked up any flowers but luckily for her there was no sect punishment for failure of missions.

She wouldn’t officially be considered a sect member before becoming an inner sect diciple, the sect was not strict to the outer sect diciples, however she liked it that way.

Right now Meng Lin was back in her cave cultivating to reach the peak of the Qi Gathering Realm so she could learn the formless cultivation method.

Taking out the book she read.

[Discovered Formless sect’s core High Tier cultivation method]

[Formless cultivation method]
Become one with everything under the realm and disappear from the prying eyes of All.

Requirements:

[experience enlightenment through being formless.]

[Reach foundation cultivation to learn]

Having gotten this cultivation method she wanted to see what she could do with it.

But it was not just for that she was dying to have her rematch against that hugh monkey, after tasting defeat for the first time in her “life” she had developed an intense hatred for that feeling.

So she felt that it should be brought to an end, and what better way than to kill that monkey,

Now one might wonder how she was going to fine the monkey in that jungle full of spirit beast, the answer to that was in her storage bag.

Currently inside of her storage bag is a small talisman glowing, it’s this talisman that would lead her to it.

[double Tracking talisman]lv2
After one talisman is attached to a target, the general location of the target can be found using the other one.

20: system coin

Back then she had used the talisman on the sword and caused it to break and lunged it deep inside the monkey’s face.

That was why when she came back she began cultivating non stop.

Having been cultivating for 2 days Meng Lin was able to heal the scar on her back somewhat, but until she gets a healing treatment of some kind, she was going to have to keep that scar on her body, she got up and decided to head to the outer disciple sect hall.

This time to go to the library, she had to read up on the spirit beast and the cultivation world a little more.

After leaving her cave, she walked towards the outer disciple sect hall and along the way she would see outer sect diciples going about their business all while not paying attention to her.

She reached the hall an began to walk past the mission board.

It was only now that Meng Lin noticed that this outer sect hall was a pretty big building.

It had the mission board for missions, a training room for any outer sect disciple and even a place where diciples could buy, sell and trade things with each other.

after wondering for a few minutes Meng Lin finally reached the library.

She entered and looked around, she could see rows of bookshelves with a counter in front of the door.

An old man was sitting behind the counter with a book in hand, he seemed so forcused on the book that Meng Lin wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t notice if she walked past him.

“You can take a book with you from the first floor” Meng Lin heard the old man speak as he finally took his eyes off the book to look at her.

After gazing at her he raised an eyebrow before gazing back at the book in his hand.

Meng Lin looked at the old man who seemed to have lost interest in her and pondered.

She walked towards the rows of bookshelf across the counter and after looking through rows of bookshelfs for about 10 minutes she selected 3 books to take to the counter.

“Here” Meng Lin said as she placed the books onto the counter.

“Make sure you bring them back here in three days time” said the old man as his eye didn’t leave his book.

Meng Lin nodded and put them in her storage bag as she left the libary, having gotten what she came here for she was about leave to go back to her cultivation cave when she remembered that she would have to learn some techniques and not just rely on her brute qi for battle all the time.

So after leaving the outer sect hall she headed towards the Innermost sect hall to look for a suitable technique for herself to learn.

‘And who knows maybe if i learned a technique that is better suited for me, i could even multiply my battle power’ Meng Lin had these thoughts in her head as she headed towards the innermost part of the mountain.

38