Chapter 9: Innermost Sect Hall
918 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The innermost part of the mountain was still considered the outer sect because the entire mountain was the outer sect mountain, the Levitation Sect consists of three separate mountains and most of their members are within the inner sect mountain.

The Innermost sect hall was for only the outer sect diciples, but unlike the outer sect hall it only had the mission board and the lecture hall with just books on the second and third floor.

Most of the sect techniques here were low grade techniques that are commonly seen in the cultivation world, seeing almost no use in them the sect held it within the innermost sect hall.

Meng Lin walked for a little before arriving at the innermost sect hall, there was a huge crowd gathered at the door and she had identified them to be outer sect diciples forming a circle around the door of the innermost sect hall.

Most diciples here were giving off the aura of cultivators from the 7, 8 and nine stage of the qi gathering realm.

And at the door were two guys that were releasing aura at the peak of the qi gathering realm, both of them were identical “young man” of roughly 20 years old and in their hand were spears.

Both were silently looking ahead as though they were waiting for something, the outer sect diciples were murmuring between themselves so Meng Lin blended with the crowd as to accurately listen to the gossip going on.

“…ther why are there two gate guards here, They were not here yesterday” asked a fat diciple at 6 stage of the qi gathering realm.

“Oh you didn’t hear Dong Su, someone stole one of the important techniques from the third floor, so an inner sect sect disciple was tasked with this place” answered a cultivator at the 8th stage of The Qi gathering realm.

“Stole but how, isn’t outer sect elder Li here”

“he was called for a meeting between sect elders today so he’s not here, and take a good look, those aren’t guards, they are puppets.”

Hearing that Meng Lin looked at the guards by the door more carefully and she could see that they had dead eyes and unmoving expressions with wooden skin.

‘Those are puppets’ Meng was a little shocked, because if one was not paying attention they would be mistaken for real peoples.

After a while someone finally came to the door “Alright you guys can go in”

A man in a black robe came out with a serious expression, he had broad shoulders and he held a deep gaze in his eyes.

He waved his hand and the “guards” glowed blue and turned into lights to be stored inside his storage bag.

Having done that he threw out a flying sword to jump on and he flew deeper into the sect.

The outer sect diciples outside began to go inside the innermost sect hall.

Meng Lin noticed that in front of the door was an array formation, she walked through it along with the others and was finally able to see the other side of this room.

On the left side of the room was nothing but a staircase leading to the second floor and on the right side was the sect mission board.

Most if not all of the disciples there were gathering at the mission board, Meng Lin was a little curious so she went alone to check it out.

On the board were all kinds of missions, but most of them were missions that could be dangerous if handed alone.

As the Diciples began looking through the board, Meng Lin put her hand under her chin to ponder.

“I don’t recommend that you take missions from here newbie”

Ming Lin turned to the voice to fine the sect diciple that was asking questions earlier, he was a fat person with a naive smile on his face.

“Hello my name is Dong Su and you can call be fatty Su, what’s yours” said the young man as he cuffed his hands together to make a fist, he had the look of someone that was trying to act serious.

“Meng Lin” she returned his gesture, wondering why he suddenly spoke to her.

“Meng Lin you were not going to take a mission from that board right” Dong Su said with a serious look in his eyes.

“I was wondering why most diciples here are at the last stages, the only one that’s in the lower stages is me here”

Meng Lin is a cultivator at the 8 stage right now but to anyone else she should be a cultivator at the 1 stage of qi gathering realm, she could guess the reason but she wanted to be sure.

“only those at the late stages of qi gathering realm are allowed here” the fatty said with closed eyes as he folds his hands in his chest.

“Oh but you are allowed to go through the books to learn one technique on the second floor” the fatty said again with even more dramatic flare as he turned around to turn his back towards Ming Lin.

He was about to continue speaking when suddenly he was called out through the crowd.

“fatty su”

“Oh ah, my comrade is calling me, we’ll have to bid farewell here” almost getting knocked out of his dramatic act he walked into the crowd in large strides.

Meng Lin didn’t know how to react to this, she could only wave at him as he dashed into the crowd.

She began to think as she walked to the staircase towards the second floor.

Arriving at the end of the staircase she saw a door with words at the top.

‘Only take one’

Meng Lin smile slightly and walked inside the door.

The place was quite small with only four rows of bookshelf on one side, and on top of each shelf is written.

*Sect techniques *

*Sword techniques *

*Fist/palm techniques*

* auxiliary techniques *

To the the other side of the room is a stair case leading toward the third floor but standing on each side of the stare cast were two “guards” that were unresponsive.

Meng Lin Looked toward them for a minute and then went towards the first bookshelf, she touched the first book on the shelf to see a panel appear before her.

[Discovered Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, waighted fist]

[Do you want to learn it]

She opened the book to read it, but other than the illustrations for the training being cool looking she didn’t show much interest in it as she doesn’t see herself as a brawler.

She touched the next one from the sect techniques [Discovered Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, flow]

Opening and looking through this book she saw that it was mostly about the concept of wind and the way to utilize your wind qi to make your attacks faster.

Meng Lin started moving all around from one area to the next.

*Fist area*
[Discovered Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, dragon tiger fist]

*weapon area*
[Discovered Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, vermillion sword style ]

* auxiliary area*
[Discovered Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, sonic vibration]

Meng Lin made sure to look through all the books to make sure that she didn’t miss any book that might be different, but unfortunately for her she couldn’t find any such book.

After looking throug every book she choosed four of the most suitable books for her to learn.

[You have learned Levitation's Sect Low-Level technique, focused Qi control]

[You have learned Levitation's Sect Low-Level sword technique, waterfall slash]

[You have learned Levitation's Sect Low-Level auxiliary technique, Refine Yin Qi]

[You have learned Levitation's Sect Low-Level techniques, surge]

Meng Lin didn’t want to learn more techniques, she wanted to focus on her water spiritual element since most of her inner qi is water qi, and learning a bunch of techniques would make it a little hard for her to focus on one.

Now having finished with everything on the second floor she grabbed one of the books to take with her.

She went to the first floor and looked around to see a couple of diciples still looking through the mission board.

As she walked out the door of the hall the floor lit up a little and went back to normal.

‘So it does scan who goes in and out of this building’ Meng Lin had already guessed that when she was going into the building because at that time it lit up as well.

Since she had just taken “one” book from the second floor she wasn’t bothered with it and went straight home to digest all that she had collected for today.

37