Chapter 12: Black Snake
899 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noticing the small talisman Meng Lin held it out in front of her, the talisman started glowing and vibrating towards one direction as if it were a magnet.

Meng Lin dashed towards the direction that the talisman was reaching towards, running between the trees she gripped the sword in her hand preparing for anything along the way.

She ran towards the direction for about two minutes before stopping and hiding behind a tree.

In front of her is a cave opening with a big rock next to the cave, the entrance was covered with battle marks all over the ground.

She put her talisman away and was about to step forward to check the cave when she suddenly noticed a black shadow coiled up in the shadows of the rock by the entrance of the cave.

It was a black snake and roughly about 5 meters but coiled up together it looked much smaller than it actually was.

The moment Meng Lin noticed the snake she suddenly felt a chill down her spine, having experienced this sensation before she immediately know to turn towards her back and hold out her Qi covered sword.

PENG

“Ugh”

The sword in her hand cracked as it nearly broke from the force of the attack, the recoil from her sword was so strong that she had to take a step back to lessen the force of the impact.

Stopping herself she raised her head to look at the attacker.

“Hiss”

With a body coiled up together it let out a hiss sound as it brought back it’s head for one more attack, it was a black snake of roughly 5 meters.

Meng Lin was shocked to see her attacker, wasn’t this the snake that she was just looking at.

she noticed that the snake was letting out aura at the peak of the first realm, so she began gathering more qi into her sword when she suddenly felt a chill down her spine again.

Not knowing what she was about to face she immediately reached inside her dantian to bring out the brute qi that she had been saving till now.

Her body glowed up as she let go of her sword, she smiled as she had been wanting to try a new move ever since she learned her techniques.

She gathered water qi and brute qi into her left hand and turned around with her palm open.

“Surge” she said with a soft voice as the water and brute Qi gathered in her hand was released.

But contrary to her expectations things didn’t go as planned, the brute qi in her hand didn’t release a wave of chaotic water but rather it released an immense wave of brute qi as all traces of water qi vanished the moment it left her body.

Rumble

With force the brute qi spread out, it engulfed it’s target in a wave of chaotic energy as the whole entrance became bright from just the Qi alone.

Meng Lin looked at the shocking scene as her body released qi threatening to destroy all it touches.

Feeling satisfied she turned from her brute qi to her normal qi as she reached for her sword that was behind her.

She didn’t want to use the brute Qi until necessary, that’s the reason she hadn’t used it the whole day, and she wanted to learn to to fight without relying on it.

On the other side the Black snake hissed as it lunged towards her in a long black blur.

With a light show behind her Meng Lin smiled as she had long expected an attack from the snake, she swung her sword and called out.

“Waterfall slash”

Qi gathered around her blade as she sliced horizontally towards the black blur coming towards her.

The snake having no time to react met the slash head on and was sliced into two parts that dropped to the ground.

The attack from the brute qi was finally dimming down as Meng Lin looks towards the area, and in front of the entrance on the ground with a bloodied figure was a long dead corpse of roughly 5 meters.

“No wonder” said Meng Lin as she thought back at that time, back when she suddenly felt a chill.

There were two black snake of roughly 5 meters, one out in the open and another hiding in the trees.

When she was attacked first she had assumed it was the snake under the shadow of the big rock, that it just had some weird ability to teleport, but it turns out that there were two of them.

“But it’s really weird” Meng Lin Put her hand under her chin as she wondered, both of these snakes were giving off power at the peak of the first realm.

‘That makes every spirit beast that I’ve had encountered so far at the peak the first realm’

This place is barely supposed to have any spirit beast at the peak stages let alone five of them on different occasions including the monkey.

She began to think about the prospect of fighting dozens of peak stage spirit beasts.

She looked at herself, from start to finish she hadn’t gotten a single scratch from those snake, just that alone boosted her confidence so she collected the corpses and looked at the entrance.

She took out the talisman and sure enough it was pointing towards the Cave.

She stepped into the cave with the talisman as her source of light, it was a cave big enough for three bears to walk in with no hindrance, so she didn’t have a problem with it.

One minute into the cave she noticed
Luminous Stones at the top of the walls of the cave and raised her eyebrows as she thought ‘Luminous Stones, only cultivators use these so why are they in this random cave, was this cave left behind by a fellow cultivator in the past’ she was still looking around with vigilance for any unusual activity.

Walking for 4 minutes straight she reached the end which was a big area with a glowing pool at the center of it, on the ground next to the pool were blue colored flowers glowing with vitality, there were a bunch of spots unrooted with just four such flowers remaining.

The flowers would attract anyone by the way they glow but Meng Lin was too focused on the Pool at the center to notice.

The Pool was glowing with blue light as Meng Lin noted that at the center of the pool was a Lutos flower and it was releasing so much Qi that even she was enticed to just jump straight into the pool to retrieve it.

she came closer to the pool and was hit with a wave of qi as her eyes gleam in wonderance, she took a step closer to look inside the pool when she was met with a pair of cold murderous eyes in the water.

Boom

Her eyes widen and she entered her Brute Qi state right away as she was flung backwards by the creature, she balanced herself in the air and landed on her feets.

Her aura dimmed a little as a little of it was used to block that attack, she looked towards the pool with some serious and nervousness as she wiped blood coming from her nose.

Coming out of the pool is a beautiful long black snake with eyes full of fury as it’s aura shot through the roof.

It released an aura never felt before by Meng Lin as she confirmed with herself that this was a spirit beast at the second realm.

33