Chapter 13: Uncommon Action
916 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin looked at the giant snake in the pool, it looked to be about 12 meters long with its body being the size of a whole human torso, its skin glossed with a black luster as it hissed out.

“Hisss”

She let go of her sword again which was already covered in fine cracks, just for the seconds that they’d been in contact it was almost about to break, without her sword she took a stance even though she doesn’t know hand-to-hand combat too well.

The snake hissed and moved, it launched itself at her at unimaginable speed as its head leaned forward for a bite at her.

Meng Lin held out her left hand and opened her fingers as she called out.

“Surge”

This time she didn’t add any water qi in her attack as the Brute Qi would just destroy it once they are released from her body, only brute Qi gathered inside of her palm as she waved it in the air.

Boom

The chaotic qi sprung all around the area as it came in a wave, it reached the snake halfway through its attack but the snake couldn’t be bothered to dodge the attack.

White light covered the whole area. And Meng Lin looked at the attack with all her attention, her left palm was still out as she didn’t think that was enough.

And she was right because through the white chaotic qi a blur suddenly dashed out, its beautiful glossy skin has dimmed a bit but it still held threatening power, it opened its mouth to gather energy.

Having already expected a return from the snake she was about to call out surge again when the snake flying in a blur suddenly released a bolt of lightning from its mouth.

The attack moved at the speed of lightning and left no room for her to dodge as it hit her with full force.

Puchi

The attack tore through her left thigh and left a trail of lightning across the battlefield, her Brute Qi that covered her body had a small hole in it as its defensive properties couldn’t hold against the lighting.

“Urg”

Meng Lin felt excruciating pain in her left thigh like it was on fire but she still didn’t hold down her left hand as she called out again.

“Surge” using almost half of all her Brute Qi she gathered a massive amount of qi in her hand.

Boom

“Hisss”

The area was covered in more chaotic qi again with the snake’s roar as it was enveloped and pushed back with the Brute Qi again, the walls of the cave showed cracks as they were barely able to withstand the explosion.

Meng Lin knew that without a proper fighting method, she could not allow the snake to come closer to her and so she could only rely on “surge” to keep pushing the snake back, and hopefully spamming the attack does a good amount of damage.

“Roar”

Out from the chaotic white light came the snake again as it looked more damaged than before, its glossy skin was covered with big burns and it was moving much slower than before.

“Surge” she called out again.

The snake was already angry so it gathered a massive amount of energy in its mouth before releasing it in a burst of lightning.

Boom

At the same time as Meng Lin’s surge was used, the snake’s massive burst of lightning was released, both energies collided with a massive explosion taking place covering the whole area in dirt and smoke.

The snake was not affected by the explosion and didn’t stop its sprint as it went through the smoke and appeared right before her, it opened its gaping mouth dripping with saliva ready to tear into her body.

Meng Lin looked at this with no change in expression as she even had a slight excitement in her eyes, In a swift motion she grabbed the sword on the ground, and called out.

“waterfall slash”

Brute Qi gathered in her palm as it traveled towards her sword, she put all of her remaining Brute Qi into her sword, and she slashed out with the sword that was covered in fine cracks ready to break at any moment.

BOOM

Brute Qi gathered to form a Horizontal line across the whole area, it was condensed chaotic energy that was released in a wide area, it met the snake’s gaping mouth and tore through it like butter and traveled towards the other end of the area to leave a long scar on the cave wall.

The snake’s body was flung backward as it left a trail of blood on the ground.

Meng Lin looked at the attack with a satisfied expression, her sword was gone with only the hilt remaining.

She was about to walk forward when she suddenly felt pain again on her left side, she had forgotten that her left thigh was injured.

[Congratulations for defeating a foe a realm higher than you]

[You have received a Taoist gacha wheel ticket]

[You have received a Sword Art: thunderbolt Flash]

Meng Lin sat down since she was feeling too much pain standing up she looked at the notifications and she puts her left hand under her chin.

She wasn’t that shocked at the notification as she had assumed long ago that to get rewarded she would have to do things not commonly seen or done.

‘So I was right that the rewards are related to the event that transpires’
She was thinking of what other things were there that can get the system to reward her.

‘And this is a sword art, probably related to the attack used by the snake’

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 8 Stage]

[Experience points: 4535/6000]

System coin:0

Taoist Gacha wheel: available

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge]

[Market]

Wasting no time she went straight to the system gacha wheel, a small wheel appeared in front of her and she reached out to spin the wheel, not even bothering to look at the items on the wheel.

[Recived Beginner system pack]

“A system pack again, it seems that I have a lower chance with all the others”

She didn’t fret over it as she was actually in a good mood, because in front of her is the pool undamaged by the raging battle that took place a moment ago.

Even now it released a massive amount of energy, she got up and walked closer to touch it and it was unlike any water she had come across.

It was thick and heavy and would prove hard to move inside with just physical strength alone.

Nevertheless, she still has her normal qi to help boost her strength so without even taking her clothes off she jumped into the water.

39