Chapter 22: Senior Brother Li
687 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Returning to the sect Meng Lin went straight towards the outer sect hall.

She walked a little past the mission board before reaching a door with the mission sign.

Opening it she was greeted with a small room without anything but a counter with a young boy behind it, the room was small and quiet.

The boy had his head on the counter and promptly got up when he heard the door open, seeing someone familiar he went back to laying his head on the counter and asked.

“What mission did you complete this time”

Meng Lin looked up at the boy, he looked to be about 12 years old, but he was an inner sect disciple that had been been put in this room for whatever reason.

“It’s the same mission senior brother Li”

Meng Lin said as she takes out the flower for the mission to hand to him.

“Again, why are you coming here every day for so little sect contribution”

“I just like picking flowers” Meng Lin kept it simple as she answered his question.

Receiving the item he stored the flower in his storage bag before taking out a brush.

He stretched his hand out to Meng Lin who gave him a small golden pendent with the number 6.

Taping his brush on it, he was able to add the required amount of sect contributions on the pendant changing the number to 9.

“You should join those group missions, the rewards are higher” handing the pendant and a single spirit stone to Meng Lin the young man encouraged her to do joint missions.

“I will think about it” Meng Lin answered as she got ready to leave the room, but of course what was on her mind was ‘i will not be joining any form of group missions’ she does not trust random strangers with her life so she wouldn’t take that route.

Leaving the small room, Meng Lin slowly walked towards the inner most part of the hall, she was heading to the outer disciple shop on the far end of the hall.

As she walks past all the different rooms she thought back to when she first came here, she had not realized how many different places were in this building.

‘Come to think of it, I still don’t know who that girl Yu Yun is’ remembering that girl in pink who disappeared instantly, she still couldn’t guess anything from their encounter.

Reaching her destination Meng Lin opened the door right away, in the room were the same shelves with items and a counter in the middle.

Sitting behind that counter is Miao Yue, dressed in her jewelry robe she had on a serious expression while focusing on an item in her hand, momentarily without looking up Miao Yue said in a strong tone.

“You’re late”

“Who’s late” Meng Lin walked in towards the counter and asked with a curious voice.

Miao Yue hearing a female voice answering her was brought back from her dazed look as she looked up to meet Meng Lin’s gaze.

“oh sorry about that, I was too focused on an item from one of my previous customers”. Laying the item, a coin on the counter she stood up and looked at Meng Lin with her friendly smile.

“Costomers” Meng Lin asked thinking back.

“Yes, but forget about that, now you were on my mind since that day. I had forgotten to ask for your name, can you tell me now”

“Oh, Meng Lin” she said as she too realized that she hadn’t been asked that moment.

Writing down the name on a tablet Miao Yue replied with a smile.

“Meng Lin, do you need my help with anything at all”

Remembering back to when Miao Yue had said to come to her if she ever needed help Meng Lin shook her head and said.

“No, I came to buy a sword again, the last one was destroyed” Coming up with a believable excuse Meng Lin wanted to buy another sword to add to her stock.

She thought that adding more was for the best, since they would just get destroyed anyways.

Hearing that Meng Lin’s sword was destroyed Miao Yue was not shocked, as mortal swords with barely any qi easily get destroyed in a lot of way by nonhuman strength, thus making them not suitable for cultivators.

Not looking at Meng Lin for confirmation on what kind of sword that she wants Miao Yue started waking towards one of the shelves with a sword.

“I have the perfect one for you, although
It’s a bit expensive”

Reaching her hand into the barrier around the sword, she drew it out handed it to Meng Lin.

“This one is a poorly made low grade sword, but it should satisfy you for a long time” talking with confidence Miao Yue was sure Meng Lin would like this weapon.

Looking at the sword that shines with luster meng Lin became tempted but quickly regained her focus as she handed the sword back.

“I want a normal sword”

“But you didn’t even hear the price, it’s only 16 spirit stones” Miao Yue said while holding up two fingers.

“It is too expensive, i only have a couple spirit stones with me” Meng Lin thought that lack of money is a reasonable answer to give from a new diciple.

“I can lend you some if you don’t have enough for it”

“I don’t burrow money, it’s something I don’t do, so I’ll just take a normal sword, besides i won’t be using it for anything big, just cutting flowers” Meng Lin said with a slight smile on her face.

“Okay” finally relenting Miao Yue didn’t push forward with the low grade sword, she had wanted to make it easier for Ming Lin but if it was not something that Meng Lin wanted than she could not force it.

Thinking for a minute she retrieved a sword from her storage bag, other than the color of the sword being gold it looked just like any other sword made by mortals.

“What is it” Reaching for the sword Meng Lin realized that it was heavy, and glowing gold, it gave her the feeling of being at a spot light.

“It is something that I had before joining the sect, I had it made gold to match my fashion but it ended up being useless, so I’ll sell it to you for 3 spirit stones” Miao Yue said with a grin as she gets to sell something that is essentially nothing.

Storing the sword in her storage bag, Meng Lin readily headed to the door as she had gotten what she came here for.

“See you next time”

Meng Lin heard from behind her, waving her hand, she left the room with her mood slightly risen.

35