Chapter 23: Breakthrough
712 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**4 days later**
**Westmount Valley **

Early morning a young girl dressed in a black robe was walking through the trees, she was admiring the now flourishing trees after a few days of no activity throughout the forest.

Meng Lin was leisurely walking towards the cave entrance, Lightning was occasionally coming from her feets as she walked and yet she seemed relaxed.

She was currently looking at her system status with a happy smile.

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 9 Stage]

[Experience points: 89%]

System coin:280

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash]

[Market]

She was almost there with her experience, and it was only a matter of time before she reached the phase of the foundation establishment.

Right now she is focusing on her leg which was occasionally tingling.

She was running lightning through it as a fir of training, she stopped her qi flow and blew a small breath out.

“Phew”

She had started to involve her techniques in her daily routine, she wanted to see if she could keep the Thunderbolt Flash technique always active like the others but that proved to be difficult as she couldn’t keep it from going haywire and flashing everywhere.

She had been using her refine qi technique for the last 3 days and she had noticed a small improvement in her qi movement, which was already being boosted by her Focus Qi Control.

She reached the cave entrance while lost in thought, small clouds of fog covered the area and kept any unwanted trespassers away.

Taking out a small glowing talisman in her storage bag, she was easily able to pass the lingering fog ahead, walking in a carefree way Meng Lin reached the pool with a smile on her face.

she was in a good mood because today would be the day that she would reach the foundation establishment stage, she would be able to fly now.

She already envied those that could fly on swords in the sky and her only time flying was with that inner sect diciple, at the time she was more curious than happy.

Not taking her clothes off Meng Lin jumped into the pool and got into the right position to gather qi.

She stopped her momentarily excitement and closed her eyes to look inside her dantian.

Her dantian was full of qi already so she began to condense them into large drops of liquid qi in her dantian, the drops would combine with the sea of liquid qi that has covered a large portion of the dantian.

Her efficiency has improved dramatically after she started using those techniques and it only took her four minutes to condense them as she readily absorbed the surrounding qi from the pool.

She easily became focused on the cycle that she had been doing for the last few days that she didn’t notice the passage of time.

**3 hours later**

Meng Lin was awakened from her dazed cultivation to suddenly feeling nothing, she could feel that there was no qi surrounding her and felt little wind blowing around her body.

Opening her eyes she was left shell shocked, her surroundings were empty and there was no water in sight, she was sitting on a hard floor that looked like it did not have any traces of water on it.

Standing up and looking around she saw that at the center of the pool, or what used to be a pool was the lutos flower. It was withering and slowly turning into dust.

Meng Lin was baffled, what exactly had happened? It’s dying, did she absorb too much qi, but it didn’t show any signs that it was dying, random thoughts were currently flying in her mind as she began to think.

But Meng Lin could not come to any conclusions as to why that had happened, perplexed she called out.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 9 Stage]

[Experience points: 96%]

System coin:280

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash]

[Market]

‘The system is not showing any weird changes so it’s not because of me
meaning the plant dying was either from outside interference.

Or too much qi absorption or maybe it just dies after a certain period of time’ Meng Lin began thinking after looking through her system.

She had been worried that her special physique might have been the problem but it seems not.

it’s unlikely for this to be outside interference, so Meng Lin ruled it out since no one or thing other than her is here.

Dying of age is reasonable but she doubts that it was that, the pool running dry was the most reasonable option since she had been using it every single day since she saw it.

Though she doesn’t know if she’s right or not, looking at her system menu, she was really disappointed, it couldn’t have waited to disappear after her breakthrough, she sighed.

Sitting down on the floor, she began to wonder, it would probably take a whole week to fill up her dantian to completion without the pool and she didn’t want to wait for that, she came expecting for a breakthrough so she was not leaving without it.

Making up her mind she took out a small glowing pill, it was one of her qi gathering pills that she had planned to use after her breakthrough.

Popping it inside her mouth she closed her eyes and began to circulate her qi, focusing on her surroundings she began to gather more qi or rather more qi began to gather around her position.

Outside of her cave in the whole valley, qi slowly began moving towards her direction, it was not as readily available as the pool but it was more than enough for just a handful of drops of liquid qi.

Her hair began blowing in the air and her body became the center of a small cyclone of qi.

At 98% her dantian started to solidify and her dantain began to follow its instinct, gathering more and more qi from her surrounding to reach a new height.

At 99% her internal energy fluctuations reached a level where her body could not contain it any longer, pulses of energy were washing away anything from three meters away from her.

At 100% Meng Lin felt her dantian harden as every drop of qi became liquid, only then did she open her eyes.

34