Chapter 26: Formless Cultivation Method
720 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Just as I thought’ meng Lin thought while looking down at the floor, she heaved a sigh of relief once she realized that she hadn’t killed any real person, down infront of her were the gathered remains of her enemies.

Wooden limbs and body parts were scattered around her making it clear what she was fighting against this whole time, she had been fighting puppets not real peoples.

‘So it’s all of them, I was expecting at least one of them to be the mastermind’ Meng Lin thought back, she had her suspicions a few minutes earlier when she saw their synchronizing movements.

But the fact that all of them were foundation establishment stage puppets just gave her more headache to deal with because it means that their backgrounds were not simple.

She couldn’t guess as to how hard it was to create puppets of this caliber but she assumed that no foundation establishment stage cultivator was capable of doing it.

After checking all the wooden parts and not finding anything useful she decided to leave right away as she expected for an even higher level puppet to come survey this area because of what happened.

Turning her back to the destroyed puppets she jumped down the cliff and started sprinting towards the sect, this time choosing a different route and going at a steady pace careful of any potential dangers.

**Levitation Sect**
**Inner sect courters**

In a room darkly lit by candles, a man in a black robe was sitting crossed leg in the middle of the room.

If Meng Lin were she would be shocked because the man was non other than the one that was at the innermost hall of the outer sect mountain.

All around the room was rows of humanoid puppets that were unfinished and across the man was a giant that looked to be twice his size with a gaping hole through it’s stomach.

It was a red giant that had a strong threatening aura coming from it’s gaping hole, it was glowing red and burning yet the giant stood there motionless with a blank expression as if not alive.

“What”

The man sitting across was suddenly startled awake from his cultivation and opened his eyes with a surprise look before stopping his unique cultivation.

The man had asked nobody in particular as he tried to figure out what he just felt.

‘those six stationary puppets’ checking his spiritual consciousness, he realized that his connection with the six puppets were erased meaning they had been destroyed or were taken by force.

He was surprised because he had ordered them to not engage anyone above their realm.

Their only job was to observe and report any unusual activity at the valley, their cloaks were unique low grade equipment that hide them from the spiritual sense of higher staged cultivators.

After some calculations he was sure that all those six puppets were destroyed, since they were puppets created with his cleargreen wood he was sure no cultivator under the Narscent Soul stage would be able to refine it by force and he heavily doubts that any random Narscent Soul cultivator would go out of their way to refine some low grade puppets.

‘they may have been discovered by one of the sect elders so I shouldn’t be too surprise, it doesn’t matter anyway since those were only stationary foundation establishment puppets’ the man looked infront of him towards the giant before going back to his usual cultivation.

“Right now if i could just finish this puppet than all would be worth it, i wouldn’t have to worry about those elders and wouldn’t be so limited with my movements”

The man thought and began focusing on the giant’s body, white sparks flew around as he began imbuing the giant with his spiritual qi, the hole in the giant began glowing again while releasing terrifying power.

**Outer sect courters**

After arriving to the sect Meng Lin went straight to her cave, she was exhausted mentally from today so she wanted to relax a little.

Closing the cave behind her she sat down and began meditating, no qi was swirling around her and no noise was coming from her body, she was genuinely meditating, freeing her mind of all worries and entering a subtle trance.

After two hours of just meditating she opened her eyes, taking out her storage bag she began to think ahead.

Inside were the qi gathering pills, the concealment talisman and the beast forage, which actually might come in handy later on, her actual objective for now was the glowing book floating in the storage space, the Formless cultivation method.

Taking out the book she was given a prompt immediately.

[Do you wish to learn The Formless Cultivation Method]

“Yes”

Replying immediately Meng Lin felt the book in her hand dissipate into light before suddenly becoming aware of more in her head.

Knowledge of certain things became alive in her mind, from knowing how to lower her presence in a crowd to knowing how to erase her existence from all under the heavens.

Her heart beat faster while she had a gleeful smile on her face after realizing the usefulness of this cultivation method that seemingly has 3 stages.

She could cultivate the first method right now but the other methods need her to reach higher heights of power.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(early)]

[Experience points: 3%]

System coin:1490

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method]
[Market]

Calling out the system Meng Lin saw a new added section on the cultivation techniques section.

Focusing her mind to it she was able to see a description under the cultivation method.

[Formless Cultivation Method]

Form 1: form concealing

Form 2: locked

Form 3: locked 

From the information that she just received, cultivating the first method gives her the ability to conceal her self into anything that has form, it’s like hiding in the shadow of something, except in this case she overlaps her existance with said object to not be traced.

It’s a very useful ability for stealth, and could be used for hiding from enemies in the near future.

Looking below form 1 she saw that form 2 and 3 were locked, she naturally knew that she had to reach a higher realm to unlock them.

Even though it says locked Meng Lin knew a little about the second form, a sneak peak if you may as if to encourage her to reach higher realms.

But knowing about it and utilizing it are two completely different things so she calmed down and decided to take a break in the form of sleep.

32