Chapter 29: First Stage
691 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

notes

the next 5 chapters are the events that are happening as the main character is in her formless state, since the events have a a slight connection to her, i have decided to include them. Feel free to skip them if you don’t like the povs of other characters 

 

**Venue**

At the venue, the seats were packed with cultivators all readiating powerful aura most of which were from the Gold Core Realm.

In the middle of the venue was the stage, one side of the stage was filled with Levitation sect disciples while the other side was filled with Raging Flames Sect diciples, there was a divide yet there was no intense looming atmosphere around the place as the two side both were quite and organized as if not about have a bout.

Standing on the Levitation sect’s side was Weng Feng, adorned in a black robe, he was standing next to Lu Xun who had on her shoulder her fox spirit beast Que.

Next to her were Yi Long, the twins Han Tianyu and Han Yian and Lin Luan who still had the same cold expression from that day.

Standing not far from them was a man, wearing a full black robe with a sword strapped to his back, he looked completely lost in his own world, seemingly not paying attention to anyone.

Qi was wantonly coming off his body as if he had endless amounts, making his surroundings vacant with no one willing to be close to him.

He was Gong Ruo, having been training all this time, through hard work he had finally broken through to the Soul Wondering Realm.

“I would like to welcome our guests from afar, I am Lu Yung, and I will be the organizer of this first round, now all combatants listen” a soft voice announced out loud.

Floating a few feets off the floor Lu Yung had a cold expression on her face as she was a little annoyed, they just had to pick her to be the organizer of this first stage.

“The rules are simple, each sect’s diciples is to guard a construct after entering my stage, while the other sect’s diciples also have to do the same.

Whichever team destroys the opposing team’s construct will be the winners of this first stage.

“The ten diciples that contribute the most will be exempt from participating in the coming stages until the last one”

Looking at the diciples from the levitation sect, primarily at Feng Chen, she added.

“and the ten diciples that contributed the least will be eliminated”

“What”

Small discussions started brewing between the quiet diciples, it would seem that everyone had no choice but to be cooperate in this first stage.

Suddenly, at the front of the Raging Flame diciples a man in all red that had red eyes suddenly asked.

“What are these constructs” asking a question on mist diciples mind.

“It could be anything but when you see it you will know” replying with an ambiguous statement Lu Yung closed her eyes and raised her hands slowly, spreading her spiritual consciousness she was able to identify everyone on the stage.

She flicked her finger taking out 40 jade coins from her storage bag, spreading them throughout the stage into every disciples hand she said.

“Each of you will be given a jade coin, make sure that you keep it on you at all times”

Under the crowds gaze the stage started lighting up to reveal inscriptions on the floor, the lights reached out to engulf both Lu Yung and the roughly 50 diciples leaving the stage entirely empty.

**unknown place **

Zheng

Zheng

Hearing a noise again and again, Lu Xun was woken up feeling heavy wind current against her face making her open her eyes in shock.

She realized that she was falling and quickly turned herself around before getting into the right position to balance herself.

She began to gather qi to her leg which formed a small halo around her leg, making her fall as light as a feather.

Free from the air’s currents she looked over her shoulder before saying.

“thanks Quo”

The small fox beast happily looked at her before withdrawing it’s spiritual consciousness before closing it’s eyes.

Knowing that her spirit beast is not much of a talker Lu Xun started assessing her surroundings.

Looking around she saw that all the inner sect disciples from the levitation sect were falling a few dozen meter below her.

she couldn’t see Gong Rou but she could see all the other inherent disciples falling from the same height as her, each of them taking measures to make sure to land safely.

looking far into the distance she realized that the raging flame sect diciples were falling at another location into a sandy desert which was a few miles from the forest.

‘So we were separated, from the start’ Lu Xun thought as she knew that it must be for them to come up with plans to make the competition more interesting.

After falling for roughly one minute, Mu Lin’s feets touched the ground before she started rushing towards a specific location, when she was falling she had noticed that there was a large glowing orb in the middle of the forest.

The orb had to be the thing that they had to protect, and she would assume everyone to know that since it was the only thing that they had seen in the sky.

After sprinting through the trees for a few minutes she finally saw it up close, it looked to be a huge glowing sphere of light.

Judging from how much qi it was releasing she assumed that it was an important thing to this whole dimension, maybe breaking it ejects everyone from this dimension.

‘Huh’ slightly surprised she looked down next to the sphere and to see someone sitting next to it.

‘Gong Rou, so he’s the first to arrive here’

Arriving at the sphere she stopped a few feets from Gong Rou before asking.

“Gong Rou, i am surprised to see you here, this isn’t normally you, you would have gone to the other teams base as soon as you can”

Sitting crossed legged, Gong Rou opened his eyes before speaking towards her.

“This is a team competition, not a solo one so I don’t have that luxury”

“Yes if you don’t contribute to the team, even you would be eliminated, that aside we have to wait for the others to come before coming up with a plan” Lu Xun said as she looked around before sitting down with Quo in her lap.

“I already have a plan, you just have to follow it to win” looking at Xin Lu, Gong Rou didn’t wait for her reply before continuing.

“I’ll guard the base here, while you, Feng Chen and the rest go and destroy their base”

“Judging by how Feng Chen is behaving, I don’t think that he is to be trusted, so don’t rely on him, I will be the backup if all else fails”

You don’t have to tell me, I get it, by the way do you know why we were given these jade coins” taking out the jade coin that they were given Lu Xun asked a question that had been on her mind.

“I thought that you would know since your sister was the one who gave it to us, but i don’t think it’s purpose is anything bad, maybe to protect us in a critical situation” Gong Ruo said as he suddenly noticed something, he raised his head and looked up into the distance before saying.

“They’re here”

23