Chapter 39: Orchid Spring Mountain
593 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Wind blew onto the horizon as a gray shadow was sprinting through the air, one step on the ground and the shadow would travel dozens of meters through the air before landing on the ground again.

As wind blew across the sprinting figure a jet black hair would be sprayed in the wind as the figure only stopped after arriving at her destination.

“Finally” Meng Lin said as she stood infront of the entrance to a giant mountain.

She had finally arrived at her goal after carefully running for almost a whole hour, it was not surprising to her as this was not a location within the sect’s boundaries but rather an open location for the different sects throughout the region.

It seems to be a secluded location as she noticed right away how overgrown everything was, the grass was at knee high and the trees seemed to be brimming with vitality making it apparent that at least this area was unused.

Meng Lin didn’t want to waste any time and wanted to go straight in as she was eager to test her.

She jumped across the trees before stopping a few meters in as she looked at a specific tree that was surrounded by flowers all around.

Only after seeing that tree did she realize as to why this place was named Orchid Spring Mountain, the bland tree stood place with roughly 10 orchid flowers surrounding it as it created a beautiful scenery that anyone would appreciate.

Looking through the area she realized that roughly at every 20 meters there was one such tree with orchid flowers as they painted the place with wonder that blended the red flowers with the green scenery.

Anyone would feel allured once they see this beautiful scene, but yet this beauty seems to have a hidden secret as Meng Lin uprooted one such red flower and brought it to her nose before trying to smell the scent.

“What”

She realized something incredible as she couldn’t find any scent to the flower at all, picking another one up she tried to smell again only to feel a faint sensation throughout her lower region as her head became lightheaded.

Pulling back she felt the discomfort that soon faded away, she started thinking back to the mission which was to collect one hundred orchid flowers.

She now knew of the reason why it remained there on the mission board as it was only after feeling that sensation was she able to guess as to what this flower could do.

This flower’s scent was obviously dangerous as she felt light headed just from taking two breaths of it, any normal Qi gathering realm cultivator would have been intoxicated from that, so she could imagine as to why the mission was not popular for the outer sect disciples.

“Hmm” she uttered confused as she wondered why they even made getting this flower a mission, ‘who would want it or does it have other uses in the alchemy department that I am unaware of’

She thought as she remembered how sometimes alchemists use bad material to create better pills, she shook her head and began focusing on her surroundings.

There were a dozen places that seemed to occupy spirit beast as Meng Lin felt over a dozen different aura in the 60 meters that her spiritual consciousness could reach.

Gathering Qi into her leg she jumped on to one of the tall trees as she surveyed the area, taking out a small makeshift vail she covered her face as she headed towards one direction.

She knew that she wouldn’t encounter anyone who would recognize her here even without the vail but it didn’t hurt to be careful as this was an open area.

She jumped from tree to tree making sure to avoid any orchid-flower covered trees as she went towards the one of the strongest aura around the place.

After traveling for a few minutes she finally arrived near the spot, on top of a tree at a distance she could see a large swamp with the shadow a large beast in it.

Spreading her spiritual consciousness towards the creature she was able to recognize it right away as she identified it to be a crocodile that was at least 10 meters long as its body seemed full of strength.

But as soon as her spiritual consciousness reached the creature it instantly became aware of her presence as it released threatening energy into the surroundings to make its strength apparent.

It finally came to the surface as its scales glowed with luster from the surging qi hidden within, it was a spirit beast of the 2 rank and one at the middle stage at that.

As this would be her first time facing off against a crocodile Meng Lin took out her giant axe and released all her aura revealing her strength to be at the early stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm, she jumped down to the ground with a thud causing a small creator as she approached the creature one step at a time.

The creature that revealed itself to be a crocodile didn’t appear cautious as it lunged out of the water towards her right away, its mouth being opened wide as it’s sharp teeth became reinforced with qi, it threatened to kill her in one bite.

Bringing her axe in front if her she gathered qi into her arm as she slashed horizontally with her axe, the axe carried strong wind as it met with the sharp teeth of the crocodile that similarly moved with speed.

Peng

Meng Lin winced in pain as she felt her hand almost lose control of her axe, taking a step back she placed the head of the axe onto the ground as she looked towards the crocodile and noticed it too reacting the same way.

It’s head was lowered and eyes pained as it felt the force in its teeth, she had parried the attack successfully and didn’t plan on letting it recover from the recoil.

As right when the crocodile brought its head up, the axe which was facing the ground was twisted over before being pulled upward with force towards the head.

This time the blade of the axe was covered with electricity as Meng Lin implemented her Thunderbolt Flash technique in a fight for the first time.

And it didn’t disappoint as she felt her axe supported with newfound speed that slashed upward towards the crocodile’s head releasing a burst of thunder as it came into contact with the creature.

Boom

A large crater was formed in front of Meng Lin as she looked towards the result, the crocodile had been blown in the air as it flew past the water swamp before crashing into a tree in the distance.

“Hah” Meng Lin breathed out as she dropped the axe, her arms were incredibly stressed.

When she used the Thunderbolt Flash just now she didn’t account for the burst of speed that would come along with it so her arms had to pay the price.

Bringing her arm up to inspect she sighed in relief when she realized that nothing was wrong.

She looked onto the unmoving crocodile in the distance before picking up her axe again, she had to see what had become of the creature.

27