Chapter 40: Rank 2 Late Stage Beast
547 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Orchid Spring Mountain**

“It’s a little stronger than I thought” Meng Lin thought as she looked at the dead crocodile in front of her, it’s head had been split in two and blood was flowing out of it as it’s heart pumped blood for the last time.

She had assumed that the Thunderbolt Flash technique would be more useful in escaping rather than attacking but she was proven wrong as it could be one of her deadliest attacks if it was paired with brute Qi

“well it was a sword technique so I shouldn’t be surprised”

She thought it could happen but she still had no way of mixing another element into brute Qi so she would have to experiment with it more.

Looking down at the corpse she stored it inside her storage bag before looking at the swamp where the creature came from.

Spreading her spiritual consciousness into it she was disappointed to discover nothing except some scraps of bone that the crocodile had consumed.

She looked afar as she forcused on another strong aura before jumping onto a tree, she thought for a second before continuing to head towards her next location.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(early)]

[Experience points: 8%]

System coin:1490

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 35%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 35%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method]
[Market]

As her vail had been blown away in her last attack she decided to see if she could find any replacement in the system.

Going through the 60 items in the system market she was not disappointed as she saw a mask in the first few rows and focusing on it she was met with a small description.

[Headwear: golden Mask]
An accessory with no nose, mouth or eye holes, its purpose is to hide the user’s face while they see through it.

System coin: 20

Although she found what she was looking for, she didn’t want to buy it until she really needed it so she decided to wait.

As she was about to continue to her destination she suddenly found herself feeling a chill to her core.

Jumping to the side she was surprised to see that nothing had happened, perplexed she released her spiritual consciousness only to not discover anything as well.

She was confused, she had definitely felt that chill everytime that she was about to be attacked and yet she didn’t see anything around her that could pose a threat.

Treading lightly with a thoughtful expression she continued to her targeted location all while making sure to keep an eye out for any surprise attacks.

Moving through the trees for a few minutes she finally reached the aura, it was a flaming creature that had its back facing her as it lay upon a large boulder seemingly not worried about anything.

Releasing her spiritual consciousness towards it she readied herself as she took out her axe once more, the creature was awaken by her spiritual consciousness as it didn’t even stand up, only turning its head towards her.

It looked to be a goat with a large horn on it’s head as it’s whole body was burning in flames, it’s eyes were red and flaming as it finally got up and face her.

It was about as tall as a human with it’s length being about 6 meters, it jumped down to the ground and started walking towards her all while slowly releasing qi.

It’s whole body began to be engulfed in flames as it’s silhouette became the only thing visible to Meng Lin, it’s qi continued to rise as it sent waves of hot currents through the air.

Not knowing how much stronger this creature at the late stage would be she decided to play it save as she too released all her strength, raising her axe in the air she decided to attack as she lunged forward while cladding her axe in the Thunderbolt Flash Technique.

Slashing towards the beast she was met with an enormous force as she clashed with the fiery claw of the beast that readiated destructive heat.

Clang

Expecting such force she held her foot onto the floor which ruptured under her foot as she brought her fire covered arms up into the air before calling out a name.

“Waterfall Slash”

The dry air became steamy as a large amount of water qi gathered to form a vertical slash in front of Meng Lin, the flames on her hands were put out as her axe was brought down with force, it threatened to tear into anything in its path.

The beast which perceived the attack as a threat opened its mouth up as its whole head transformed into a large draconic head, it roared back into the incoming attack sending a shockwave all around.

Boom

“Ugh”, Meng Lin uttered as she was blown back, her grip on the axe tightened as she flipped in the air to land safely on the ground, her attack had been stopped.

She looked at the Beast infront of her as she released her spiritual consciousness, the beast was undamaged as it roared again before lunging towards her.

Meng Lin didn’t want to be on the defense so she too charged towards the beast, this time cladding her whole body in the Thunderbolt Flash technique.

Her speed multiplied and her figure became a blur as she utilized her fastest speed possible, she held the axe in front of her and pushed with all her strength forming a giant lightning bolt that met with the creature’s assault.

Boom

“Wha” Meng Lin said in shock, as she felt herself being thrown back, her grip on her axe loosened and before she could make sense of their situation, the shadow of a claw appeared before her face threatening to rip into her.

Clang

Boom

“Cough” she coughed as she felt the impact with the ground, she had lost her axe and could only resort to her Brute Qi to protect her face at that moment.

Looking up at the creature coming down towards her she raised her left hand before uttering.

“Surge”

Chaotic Brute Qi gathered around before being released in a shockingly single burst, she had focused half of it onto that single burst as she witnessed a shocking sight.

Boom

A large ball of Chaotic Qi was released as it covered the body of the creature, the shocking flames around the creature were extinguished as it screamed in pain.

The perimeter became white for a second as Meng Lin used this time to jump out of the small crater that she was laying in, landing not far from the attack she finally assessed the situation around her.

24