Chapter 42: Bad Situation
541 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cough

Cough

Meng Lin coughed as she breathed heavily, her eyes opened to the sight of darkness overhead with the source of light being the dim rays of the moon up above, her sight was hazy but she could see enough.

Time seemed to have passed as its now nighttime and she had been unconscious for several hours till now, remembering her surroundings she tried to get up but.

“Urg”

As soon as she placed her hands on the ground she winced in pain as she felt them hurting after coming into contact with the ground.

She thought for a second before checking her qi and noticing that half of it had recovered, she released her spiritual consciousness to check the condition of her body.

It seemed that she had sustained a large amount damage seeing as she was basically naked except for a few rags that were here and there on her body.

Luckily for Meng Lin, her face had sustained little damage since she had placed her hands up for protection at the last moment, the same could not be said for the rest of her body which was covered with burns from her torso all the way to her legs.

The burns looked quite bad but she could tell that the injuries weren’t serious and considering her self recovery she assumed that in a few days they would all be gone.

She laughed warily as she was just about done treating her last injures and now she already has another one to take care of.

She was annoyed by that but she didn’t regret it as now she was more aware of her limits against spirit beasts, with that thought in mind she was finally reminded of her surroundings as she began spreading her spiritual consciousness outward.

The ground was covered with battle marks as heat patches and deep holes filled the area, her spiritual consciousness spread as it came into contact with something.

It looked to be a creature with a small body and a large head, its head which looked vary dangerous had a large slash across it as it actually split the head in half.

Meng Lin was a little surprised at the result of her attack as she expected it to severely damage it but not to the degree that it had been.

But she should have expected it considering the creature was in a dazed state when the sword slash hit it and it didn’t use any qi to defend itself from it.

It would have probably survived that attack had it not been for the quick thinking of Meng Lin.

She knew that it was way too fast and it would not allow itself to get hit by her slash so she used her only chance at victory.

Her Soul Confusing Array which came in the form of a sealed scroll that she had dropped onto the ground earlier, she finally had a use for this item since it’s last use at the Westmount Valley.

As the name suggests, it confuses the soul of anyone below the Soul Wandering Realm and seeing as this creature was only at the Foundation Establishment Realm she thought to try it and she was proven correct.

It releases a white fog that surrounded the intended target and since she had set the target as the 20 meter radius around their battle she didn’t worry much when she realized that she had been unconscious for several hours in this place.

Thinking about their fight for a minute she continued spreading her spiritual consciousness outside of the the 20 meters as she wanted to see what happened with the forest after the trees were set ablaze.

“Hmm”

She uttered as she wondered, the trees around were charred and after 40 more meters she could see that the fires had stopped with some form of lingering qi in the air, she doesn’t know of what exactly happened but she could think of something.

A spirit beast might be the one to have stopped the spread and seeing as the qi came all the way to her array she assumed that the array made it leave the area since only a Soul Wandering Realm cultivator or a rank 4 spirit beast would be able to notice the array in place.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(early)]

[Experience points: 12%]

System coin:1490

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 35%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 36%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method] [Market]

Opening the system tab Meng Lin raised her eyebrows at the small change that her screen had displayed, her experience point had almost doubled and one of her Elemental Qi  had an increase of 1 percent.

She didn’t think her experience would double but she could only attribute it to the fights that she had taken a few hours ago.

As for her comprehension of erosion increasing, she thought of the burns across her body.

The fact that it increases with other methods was surprising but she didn’t even think of entertaining the idea of feeling pain.

Going to the system market she searched before finally finding something that she needed, focusing on the item she was able to see it’s description as she smiled slightly.

[Receptor talisman]
An ingenious creation of the system that allows for one to control the receptor of one’s body, but the system warns that this item is dangerous if not used correctly.
1 hour use.

System coins: 70

She was happy to have seen this in the system market as with this she could finally have a pain free life, she hopes that she one day comes across a technique that is like this as it would be of great help in her journey.

Buying the item and losing 70 system coins she placed it upon herself with a little difficulty as she suddenly gained a connection, she knew exactly what to do to increase all her receptors and what to do to lessen the senses of her receptors.

She felt that if she wanted to she could increase the pressure, temperature and light intensity that her skin was feeling but she didn’t have the thought of experimenting right now, she was going to be mainly using it to lessen the pain upon her skin.

Standing up with no effort or at least no pain Meng Lin began looking across the battlefield before remembering her situation.

She took the last pieces of clothing off her body before taking out a new set of robe from her storage bag.

She adorned herself in a new gray and black robe before heading towards the dead creature.

Arriving a few seconds later she took the creature into her storage bag and looked at the glowing scroll on the ground that had been underneath the creature.

she picked it up before cutting of her connection to it, looking around  she noticed the white lingering fog in the air disappearing, and the surroundings becoming visible with moonlight.

She was about pick a direction to head towards but she suddenly felt her body react to something in the air.

Her face became red and her eyes became hazy while her body became hot, quickly realizing the issue she adjusted one of her receptors before finally becoming clear headed.

“Ha”

She sighed in relief as she tried to control herself, she had completely forgotten about the problem of the orchid flower.

‘I guess that the scent increased in the air because of the trees with orchid flowers, they burned as well’ Meng Lin thought as she looked at the array in her hand.

She was also slightly shocked at the Soul Confusing Array being able to prevent that harmful thing from coming inside its perimeter.

She was shocked and happy since it allowed for her to be able to buy something that coincidentally counters it.

She noticed that the increase in scent had been big since it was strong enough to cause her to almost fall to it after just a few seconds of coming in contact with it.

Knowing that she only has one hour, Meng Lin began sprinting towards a direction hoping to reach a safe place before her timer went out.

22