Chapter 44: Torturous Discovery
492 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rays of sunlight hit the ground as many creatures awoke from their slumbers, however a noise broke the quiet forest of the Orchid Spring Mountains.

Peng

Boom

An explosion rocked the area as giant clouds of debris rose in the air, a qi covered shadow jumpd out of the smoke and landed on a nearby tree before looking down at the smoke.

The shadow’s hair was blowing in the air as it revealed the face of a young girl with sharp eyes, she held a cracked sword in hand and held a confused expression.

It was Meng Lin, she had just gotten out of her makeshift cave with a sword in hand when she felt danger from all around.

Had it not been for her quick reaction when she brought out her brute Qi then she could have been seriously injured.

She looked at the explosion, the size of which seemed strong enough to cause critical damage to her, her thoughts were running as she released her spiritual consciousness into the surroundings.

Her eyebrows became raised afterwards as she noticed that it was not revealing anything to her.

She was puzzled but remained cautious because anything that could cause that explosion would at least have to be at the level of foundation establishment.

As she was about to jump down to investigate the perimeter she suddenly saw a blur appear before her with a hand stretched open.

With no time to evade, her eyes could only widen at the sight of the hand appearing as she didn’t have any time to react.

Boom

A loud explosion was produced as Meng Lin was sent flying in the air, the tree that she was standing atop became a blazing fire as it showed the intensity of the flames.

Meng Lin was flying in the air with her face red from the flaming explosion and she looked back at the tree burning before thinking of something.

She landed with strong momentum on another tree as she was about to jump when she felt the same blur appearing before her again.

Boom

Another explosion wipped the area as the tree that she had just landed on snapped under pressure, it fell to the ground along as a big thud was heard.

“Is that all you’ve got”

A calm voice sounded from the smoke as wind blew the smoke filled air, on top of the broken down tree laying on the ground was the angry face of Meng Lin as she stood with no visible damage to her body.

A hand was right infront of her face with her own hand gripping onto it, chaotic white qi covered her body as she finally looked at the culprit of her assault, a hooded black robed figure.

The hooded black robed figure didn’t seem fazed as they didn’t say any words before they raised their other hand to her face.

Boom

Another explosion took place as both the tree and the solid ground beneath them caved in, the explosion had been so powerful that it cleared a 10 meter radius.

“I guess that is all you’ve got” a voice was heard from the smoke which alarmed the hooded figure, with anxiety they tried to pull their arms away from Meng Lin but to no avail.

Meng Lin once again released a burst of wind qi in the air around the area of its obscurity as she looked upon the struggling cultivator with a darkened gaze.

She tightened the grip in her hand before she noticed sizzling noise coming from it.

Looking closely she saw that the Brute qi seemed to be burning away at the fabric.

It was a new discovery for her and she became intrigued in it before finally seeing a response from the other party.

“Ahh”

A loud scream escaped from the hooded figure as they found themselves in agonizing pain.

“a response” Meng Lin said as she focused on the figure more closely, they appeared to be a man wearing all black along with a small symbol of a wolf on the robe, she didn’t know of that symbol but she now knew to investigate it.

He was a cultivator in the middle stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm and he only seemed proficient in that exploding technique.

Looking at him as he trashed around wallowing in pain Meng Lin held a little fear in her heart as she wondered what she would do if she was in his position.

She was thinking to herself but soon shook her head, she thought to not continue thinking like that if she wanted to be a true cultivator.

She should absolutely show no mercy to someone who attacked her out of nowhere.

“Aughhh”

The man continued to scream in pain as she noticed brute qi seeping all across his hand, she pulled him forward before grabbing out with her other hand.

“GASP!”

The man held by his throat was suddenly raised in the air before being slammed into the ground.

Boom

a small crater formed where he lay with a burnt handprint on his neck.

Injured and in pain with her grip still not releasing his hand the man realized that he couldn’t do a thing as of that moment.

His hood which was covering his face came off reveling his face underneath, an average looking face with unkept hair and a fearful expression with tears in his eyes.

“Please make it stop”. He said with trembling voice as he looked at his hand still held by Meng Lin.

He could still feel the burning sensation in his skin which made him feel like his soul was burning.

He couldn’t think of anything that would stop this weird qi as even when he tried to protect himself with his own qi it didn’t work.

“Make it stop?” Meng Lin repeated as she tightened her grip on his hand, she looked at the man with anger in her eyes before asking, “why did you attack me?”

“Ahh”

The man screamed out in more pain pain as he felt the painful sensation increase, he kept on repeating the words “please” to Meng Lin who choosed to let them fall on deaf ears and reciprocate with her own.

“Why did you attack me?” She continued, only after a minute had gone by did she finally released the man’s hand.

Her hands were off but they were only slightly off the man’s body as if to tell him that she would continue holding onto him if he does not agree to answer.

The man finally free didn’t dare to do anything.

His face was sweating with beads of sweat as he finally had room to breathe, his chest heaved up and down as he took a moment to breathe.

The sensation was gone but he could still tell that her hand was there, so with a trembling body and fear in his voice he decided to finally speak.

22