Chapter 48: Reinforced will
487 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large suction force emerged from Meng Lin’s hand before the little boss was dragged out of existence and into the void of the system inventory.

Meng Lin stood there for a moment before bringing her hand up to her face to remove the golden mask on her face.

She had brought this mask from the system market just for this occasion and yet she was dissatisfied with the result.

That good for nothing little boss didn’t reveal anything that she didn’t already know and he only raised her blood pressure with each time he talked.

She had warned him that she would kill him but she decided to leave it be, if she did kill him then she would have to be spending her life running from powerful cultivators, some of which could have means unknown to her.

But considering that one of them escaped, she could only hope that they don’t know that it was her that attacked them.

She couldn’t help but think back to what she had learned about them, “The Golden Fang Bandits, the result of a series of bandits joining together to form one large faction that operates out in the open without any fear of the larger sects”, they numbered in the thousands and have places in several regions of the kingdoms, they were becoming increasingly arrogant after one of their leaders reached the late stage of the Nascent Soul Realm.

She sighed before opening up her inventory panel to look at the seven things that occupy the inventory boxes, the seven consist of 5 small individuals, one small egg and another smaller lamp that had red light surrounding it.

Looking at the little boss which occupied a large space in one of the boxes window, Meng Lin thought to herself, although she wouldn’t kill him, she thought that him living in a timeless environment like the system inventory from now on was no different from him being dead, the only reason she didn’t kill him was because of her worries and she was still apprehensive about killing another human being.

“Sigh”

She knew that thinking about it would bring her no relief so she could only hope that it would becames easier for her in the future with time.

As she was thinking this to herself she thought to finally take a look at her spoils of victory from earlier, the storage bag that she had obtained from the little boss.

Reaching inside her robe, she took out a small bag before spreading her spiritual consciousness into it, checking the contents of the bag.

She was slightly surprised to find that the bag actually had a smaller space then the one she holds, a majority of the space was covered in orchid spring flowers alongside a few different kinds of alchemy pills and a jade box that glowed with an aura of spirituality.

She wanted to check the box first but when her spiritual consciousness came in contact with it she found herself feeling a slight pain before retreating her spiritual consciousness.

She felt it surprisingly hurt which baffled her, it was the first time she experienced pain to her spiritual consciousness and it wasn’t pleasant.

She would have to check it out in the future but for now she directed her attention onto the other stuffs in the storage bag, mainly the different kinds of alchemy pills.

Taking a few of them out she realized that she doesn’t have any way of identifying them, they might all be beneficial to her or they might all be detrimental to her, regardless she didn’t think to try them just to see the effects.

Taking her spiritual consciousness from the inside of the storage bag she revealed a disappointing look, she thought to herself that she needed to study more about the different kinds of pills seeing as she has roughly 13 pills lying around with no way way of identifying them.

‘Now then’ she thought as she focused back on the inventory panel, looking specifically towards the three girls, she was thinking about what could she do with them.

From her earlier view with her spiritual consciousness she could tell that they were cultivators of the Qi Gathering Realm with one of them being at the 8th stage while the other two were at the 6th stage.

They were unconscious and would take a while before waking up naturally.

From her interrogation of the first hooded person that attacked her she learned that they were members of a sect called the Immortal Elixer Sect.

The Golden Fang Bandits had a lot of trading partners and the the Immortal Elixer Sect was among those organization that traded with them, the Golden Fang Bandits would provide herbs for the Immortal Elixer Sect while the Immortal Elixer Sect provided pills in return.

The Immortal Elixer Sect was one of those sects that specializes in alchemy and nothing more, their members were at a high risk of dying from going outside and collecting special herbs like the orchid spring flowers, so they make up for it in other ways like trading.

Meng Ling could think of several reasons as to why these three girls were like this but she thought to ask them directly since she doesn’t really know their circumstances.

And an added benefit to helping them was that they would identify what each pills were between the 13 pills that she has found.

Looking through the system market she didn’t take long to find what she was looking for, a perfect item for this particular situation.

[Rejuvenating Incense]

A potential form of recovery with an incense that contains rare herbs that heal wounds and allow the body to recover at a faster rate.

:140 System coins

Buying the incense which came in the form of a foot-long stick Meng Lin was surprised to smell a pleasant scent from it, it smelled really good and assured her that it would work.

Lighting up the tip of the incense with little effort she gently brought out the girls before laying them down on a cloth one by one.

As she looked at them once more her heart ached, their pale faces looked tired, their arms looked so thin and easily breakable and their bodies were full of lacerations.

What really made her heart ache was the fear that they would feel from now on, she could only hope that they would be strong willed enough to overcome it.

As Meng Lin thought to herself the cave began to get filled with a small fog from the incense.

She judged that it would last for at least two hours, more than enough time for the girls to heal seeing how she herself was already feeling her wounds itch.

She wanted to stay until they awoke but she already had things planned out, she wanted accomplish what she came here to do in the first place.

To test her limits and after looking at these three girls, that thought was more reinforced then ever.

Leaving a few robes by the side of the unconscious women Meng Lin went to the cave entrance where she set the Soul Confusing Array before heading out in the light of day.

19