Chapter 52: Gold Core
466 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom

From right under ape’s feet, a burst of chaotic qi was released in a line to form a white light that covered the figure of the ape in a small intense explosion that shone with power.

White light filled the area before a 5 meter long slash appeared on the ground to raise smoke and debris in the air.

The dust settled to reveal the figure of the ape laying on the ground inside the crater, it’s wounds were too severe and it lay dead with a slash across its body that tore it in two.

Meng looked on as she grew slightly sad, because across her new weapon, the Dragon Jade Seal was a big line that revealed itself to be a crack in the weapon.

‘The brute qi had been carefully released from the weapon and yet it still damaged it’ she thought with her head down before she noticed something bizarre.

The core inside the ape’s chest was still releasing bursts of energy as even with the ape dead the tribulation was still continuing on.

Rumble

Meng Lin looked up to see the thundercloud still there rumbling with even more intensity before releasing the last thunderbolt onto the already dead ape.

Boom

Lightning traveled through the ground while the presence and roar of the thunder soon faded, the core within the ape soon shone with might and splendor as it turned pure gold.

[Congratulations for having witnessed a moment of enlightenment]

[you have received a reward for witnessing heavenly tribulation for the first time]

[received taoist gacha wheel ticket]

[received the Lesser Grade Talent Nurturing fruit]

[Do you wish to accept the rewards]

Meng Lin raised an eyebrow as she wasn’t expecting this, a reward from the system, the last time something like this that happened was when she discovered the mutated Elemental Qi.

“Yes”

She said with a little enthusiasm as she wondered what her reward would be this time, she had gotten the Formless Cultivation Method last time and she still hadn’t learned all about it, so she was curious about what she would get this time.

A burst of light came from nowhere as the whole area was illuminated with a unique aura, the bright light soon faded to reveal a glowing red fruit that hovered in the air releasing small waves of energy.

‘Lesser grade talent nurturing fruit huh, judging by the name it probably means that it would increase your talent after you eat it, but you can never be too sure’ Meng Lin thought as she brought her hand up to the fruit before grasping it.

And as she expected a prompt came In response to her grasp to identify what kind of fruit it truly was.

[Lesser grade Talent Nurturing Fruit]

A talent nurturing fruit of the lower plane, it is extremely valuable and improves body constitution by reorganizing the spiritual organs, can only be consumed by an individual once.

Meng Lin opened her eyes in surprise, and her heart throbbed with emotion as she couldn’t describe it.

She was currently looking at the word ‘lower plane’ with all sorts of thoughts coming to her head.

Lower plane, does that mean that this world is the lower plane or does it just mean that the system got it from the lower plane and presented it to her here.

but if that was the case then what would this place be called, and seeing as the system said lower plane she naturally assumed that there was a middle and and upper tier of plane which made her really happy, she now has an idea of how to proceed in the future.

“I will find out eventually so I shouldn’t be thinking so much about it” Meng Lin said as she forcused on the fruit in her hand.

It was a red fruit with bumpy skin and it was painting the whole environment with a unique desirable aura.

She stored it right away as she didn’t want any unexpected things to happen, a talent nurturing fruit that improves the body constitution.

It’s a little similar to the 3 body strengthening pills that she ate before and she wanted to see the difference between them right away.

However that had to wait until the right time so she would keep it inside the inventory for now.

With the fruit gone the environment was restored to normal and Meng Lin looked around the battlefield.

The sky was clear and the sun shone over the trees that remain overhead, the area surrounding the dead ape was a crater with a thick slash across that dug deep into the earth.

Meng Lin walked forward before arriving at the location of the dead ape, the ape retained its size of 3 times the size of the other apes which made it a behemoth even when laying down.

And yet it’s whole body was covered in burnt marks as well as the slash across its body which killed it.

Meng Lin remembered the bizarre scene a moment ago before carefully examining the body of the ape.

Releasing her spiritual consciousness towards the ape she was able to see a glowing gold energy ball inside the chest of the ape, it’s dantian was no more having been transformed into a gold core, a fully grown gold core.

“I wonder if all spirit beast have them even when they are dead” she said as she released her spiritual qi to her hand before raising it, she slashed down across the chest of the ape with her spirit qi of the middle stage.

Peng

“Wha” Meng Lin uttered as she realized that her Qi was not able to go through the ape’s skin, she was slightly shocked at that, even though the ape was dead with its skin covered with burnt marks her attack still wasn’t able to go through.

Seeing this made her reaffirm her thought before, if the ape had completed the tribulation then she would have been killed no doubt.

She closed her eyes and forcused deep within herself before gatherering the last amounts of brute Qi into her hand before slashing it the chest of the ape.

Boom!!

A large sound was produced as the dead ape received a small cut on its chest, it didn’t go all the way through but it was enough for Meng Lin as she saw a glimmering golden hue coming from the cut.

Reaching her left hand into the cut she grasped a large orb before pulling it out, with it came a spurt of blood that covered her whole left hand.

And yet Meng Lin was unbothered as her eyes stayed focused onto the orb in her hand.

it was a condensed form of qi that was releasing waves of energy all around even affecting her somewhat.

“A Gold Core” Meng Lin grinned with wonder and excitement, she has not seen anyone in the gold core realm and yet she already has the core of a rank 3 spirit beast.

25