Chapter 53: Momentary Confusion
454 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sucking the golden core inside her inventory, Meng Lin looked ahead at the dead ape in front of her before storing it inside her storage bag.

Looking around at the devastation caused by their fights she thought about her development.

She was developing too fast, it had not even been a full month and she had gone from not having any qi to being able to content with a spirit beast on the brink of rank 3.

She knew that a stable foundation was needed for a cultivator to be successful and not encounter bottleneck problems later on in life but she didn’t want to stunt her growth when she could achieve higher realms and reach her goals faster.

“Sigh”

She thought a little before focusing back on her surroundings, a small fog was forming around as the surrounding orchid spring flower scent began to return to the area.

Not planing to be affected by it she started gathering qi into her legs and jumped from tree to tree heading towards the cave.

**Elsewhere**

“Ugh” a weak voice sounded, Xi Lin woke up to her skin itching and the view of a cave ceiling with luminescent light, her head hurt and her whole body itched, lifting her hand to her forehead her eyes regained clearity.

AAAAH!

A scream left her mouth once she saw the scars on her forearm, her memory flashed to the sound of a whip alongside the screams of her sister.

Xi Lin started breathing rough and hard, hyperventilating before fainting from the shock.

A few minutes later she opened her eyes to the feeling of her skin itching once again, this time with a dazed look, she regained her awareness and sat up with slight difficulty.

Her skin was shivering and her eyes held tears, she clenched her arm and forced herself to calm down before accessing the situation.

“What is ” she uttered with a hoarse voice as she realized her surroundings, she was in a cave system with a large amount of lingering fog in the air.

She smelled a nice scent around the place before being reminded of the gut wrenching smell of a tent.

Gritting her teeth she looked around before being met with the sight of her sister, her sister whose whole body was filed with scars all around, her face was barely recognizable as scars formed all over it.

The tears in Xi Lin’s eyes that she had been holding back came gushing out and she reached her hand to her sister’s face.

“Lan’er, I’m sorry ” she said to herself with pain in her voice, her head was pounding hard with her heartbeat ringing clear.

She cried tears of misery and regret while thinking about the sister she was told to protect, “what have I done” she said.

Wiping the tears on her face she told herself to be strong for her sister before standing up, her body ached while her itching diminished a little.

She realized that she had been laying down on a piece of cloth, completely different from the luxurious bed in the tent.

Besides that was three neatly folded robes of different colors at the side along with the burning of an incense.

“What is going on”, she said utterly confused, ‘did someone save us, but who and where are they’ she thought while looking around, she couldn't make sense of the situation.

She took one of the robes folded besides them and opened it up to look at the size.

She still held a suspicion that this whole thing was just a set up to make her feel hopeful, but seeing the size of the robes she worried less.

Wearing one of the robes she made slight adjustment to some area before walking in the direction of the cave entrance.

She had to know where they were before even thinking about leaving here, but the moment that she was about to place her foot onto the cave entrance she suddenly became dazed, turning around she walked back inside the cave with no conscious of her own.

“huh”

“What was that just now” Xin Lin said with a surprised face, she was sure that she had just stepped out the cave entrance and yet she found herself back here beside her sister.

Turning around with worried eyes she tried walking out the entrance only to find herself in front of her sister once again.

“What is going on” she said with a shocked expression, that would mean that they could not leave and were stuck here from now on.

She started worrying that it might be the little boss that was messing with her but couldn’t find any reason as to why.

With worried sweat on her face she sat down and closed her eyes, since she could not do anything about the situation she could only cultivate until the other two get waken up by the incense.

Ever since she woke up she had been thinking about the incense at the back of her head.

Because even with her feelings coming to the surface at the moment, in her core she was an alchemist so she was able to mostly identify what the incense does.

Not only is it healing all three of them but it is also increasing their vitality a little with faster recovery time than most medications out there.

She thought to take advantage of the situation and increase her knowledge of new medical procedures with her Elixer Construe Art.

23