Chapter 54: Fearful Approach
451 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crack

A thick branch snapped from under pressure as Meng Lin jumped from one tree to another with lightning arcs around her legs.

She was in an elated mood with the reward that she received from the system but with that elation were thoughts about the potential reasons of the system.

She didn’t have that much thought about the system at first, treating it as the golden spoon that she received as a transmigrator but she couldn’t help wonder if there was more to it.

she awakened it right when she came into contact with the Qi gathering cultivation method but that alone doesn’t tell her anything.

The System called itself the Immortal Taoist System so would that mean that its intentions is to make her an immortal Taoist but what comes after that.

Crack

Another thick branch snapped underfoot and Meng Lin continued on to another tree.

Her thoughts went towards the new weapon that she had gotten, The Dragon Jade Seal, even though she had stored it alongside the Ape’s carcass, most if not all of it’s functionality were lost with that single crack at the center.

‘If only there was a weapon that remains undamaged after use of brute Qi’ she hoped as she took a step onto another thick branch.

Crack

‘A fruit from the lower plane, a plane, is it considered a dimension, or a realm, or is it completely separate from all that’

Meng Lin thought hard as she traveled through the trees, her hair danced in the wind and her eyes zoomed through the trees before her, she heard another crack under her foot.

Looking down at the arcs of lightning on her leg she stepped onto another branch with focus.

Crack

Jumping forward and leaving the tree behind her, she became slightly annoyed.

She realized that she can’t delicately control her qi, so everytime her leg came into contact with the branchs they breaks, even when she is trying to control her qi.

She is cultivating the Focused Qi Control, which as the name implies makes your qi easier to control but it appears to not be enough anymore.

She couldn’t help but wonder if her fast progression was the reason but it could also be because her realm had increased and the Focused Qi Control was not suitable for the realm.

Crack

Moving across the trees at a fast speed, it didn’t take much time for her to reach the cave entrance which was surrounded with a small hue of fog.

“Hmm” Meng Lin uttered as after reaching the place the first thing that she came to her mind was her current situation.

Carefully thinking about it she decided to put on the gold mask that she brought from the system, right now the Golden Fang Bandits don’t know her face so she wanted to refrain from revealing it to anyone who might have a connection with them.

Taking a glowing talisman out from within her robe she walked through the entrance not intending to remove the array scroll that she had placed there earlier.

Sob

Sob

Sob

Right after stepping inside Meng Lin heard the sound of a silent cry, and walking further in with faint steps, she saw the three girls down on the floor fully awake.

The sobs seemed to be coming from a young girl that had her hands up to her face with her whole body shaking in anguish.

Another girl tended to her with a face full of pained grief, while the last one appeared lost in space with blank eyes.

All three girl’s exposed body parts were covered with scars as even with the robes covering most of their injuries, anyone looking at them would feel a sense of unease.

Looking towards the two girl with slightly identical features, Meng Lin came to a sudden realization before her eyes traveled to the other girl who was staring into space.

Suddenly the girl’s eyes widened and she sprung into action with her qi releasing automatically, her eyes held caution and fear as well as a gleam of unwavering courage as she spoke out loud.

“Who’s there”

“Huh” Meng Lin said slightly surprised, she was not even within the reach of the luminescent light and she was already found out.

She wondered if it was some kind of technique, more importantly she hadn’t even assessed the complete situation and she was already being looked upon with caution.

The other two girls quickly got up, holding onto each other, with completely different outlooks, one held her sister’s back with fear and terror while the other held her sister behind her with concern and curiosity and fear in her eyes.

“Well considering what happened I shouldn’t be surprised” They heard a distorted voice from the shadows with a figure walking closer into the dim light above them.

“Don’t worry, I not an enemy” they heard from the figure as it stepped out of the shadow reveling itself to be a woman that had on a gray robe with a gold faceless mask covering their face.

“You, then who are you” the cautious girl asked as she didn’t bring down her her cautious stance even with the new information, her eyes still held their fear and courage and she seemed ready to fight.

“She said that she is not an enemy De Sijie, so calm down” Xin Lin, the older sister tending to the sobbing girl said towards the cautious girl as she already came to that conclusion a few moments ago.

“And how can you be sure” The girl replied, not taking her eyes off Meng Lin, after what had happened before she didnt intend to put her trust in others so easily.

“These scarred over injuries are all the proof you need, that as well as the clothes you are wearing, you should know from those things that this person is not an enemy, nor is she with the Golden Fang Bandits” Xin Lin spoke with a slight anxious worry, she didn’t want their savior to be offended because of their behavior.

“It’s as your friend there said, i am not an enemy” Meng Lin interjected with a slight smile on her face, her face was hidden behind the mask making any facial expression hidden from view.

“However I am also not an ally as well, it would be wise for you to listen”

“You have two options at this moment, if you fail to choose one of them then you will die” She coldly said as Qi started to release from her body, making her threat very much apparent.

“I knew it” the woman, De Sijie said as she backed up a little, her eyes held different emotions with fear being in the very center, but yet she persisted and held her stance against the impossible.

“And what are the options” Xin Lin asked as she brought her sister even closer to herself, her thoughts were to just be calm and wait.

She still hadn’t heard the options yet but her face was pale with slight sweats as she wondered countless things in her head.

21