Chapter 55: Heavenly Oaths
445 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s simple really, to save you three, I have made an enemy of the Golden Fang Bandits, so this is for my protection”

“ I’m sure you’ve noticed the trick at the entrance, I can’t let you leave here for the simple fact that i don’t trust you” Meng Lin said while maintaining her Qi around her.

Most likely after they leave this place they will be caught by the Golden Fang Bandits to be interrogated, just like your typical cultivation cliche moment and she isn’t trying to let that happen.

With the bizarre wonders of the cultivation World, she wouldn’t be surprised if the Golden Fang bandits have a way to find her through them.

So she would only give them one choice,
With the alternative one being kept in her system inventory until she was confident enough in her strength to let them go.

She raised two fingers, indicating the two choices that she had to say.

“First you spend the rest of your life rotting in this cave, or second swearing a Heavenly oath of fidelity towards me” Meng Lin said as she put the two fingers down one after the other.

“What, you think I would swear a heavenly oath for someone like you” De Sijie replied with clear anger in her voice, that was no different than being a slave, she felt insulted.

The two sisters also didn’t agree, as even the calm and curious one of the two Xin Lin kept quiet, indicating her stance at not responding.

“Well that’s to be expected” Meng Lin said as she knew full well about what she was asking from them.

“Don’t you want revenge though” she added as she watched the reaction of all three.

Throb

Revenge, De Sijie’s heart beat increased and her anger turned to hatred, her eyes squinted and she opened her mouth to ask.

“And how can we get revenge, you yourself said that you are hiding from the Golden Fang Bandits, so what makes you say that with such confidence”

Xin Lin and her sister at the side were listening intently, revenge was a foreign concept to them, all they had initially wanted was a safe haven.

However Xin Lin’s eyes began burning with anger and hatred as she could feel her skin crawl with her ears ringing from her sister’s screams, she looked towards her sister who felt the same anger before looking at Meng Lin waiting for a reply.

“Oh so you were listening before, what if I say that you can have revenge on the little boss right here and now” Meng Lin brought out something that had very little use for her.

She initially wanted to use him in the future against the Golden Fang Bandits but the company of three loyal followers was necessary for the stuff she had planned in the future.

“What, you captured him, where is he” Xin Lin asked with her sister behind her finally raising her head to look at Meng Lin with gleaming eyes.

“Yes I have him, but I am not just promising revenge upon him but to all those that wronged you”

“And what makes you think we’ll trust you” De Sijie asked an important question as she and the two women harbor little trust in others after what happened to them, to get them to trust others is now an impossible challenge.

The Qi being maintained by Meng Lin suddenly railed up as she made a decision, raising her head up she said “That’s why I brought up the Heavenly Oaths, I say this oath to the heavens right now, if you swear fatality towards me today then I’ll deliver you revenge upon all those that wronged you”

“Are you crazy” De Sijie asked as she didn’t know how to respond, this person made a heavenly oath look so simple that it almost looked suspicious.

However as soon as those words left her mouth a golden light suddenly permeated the the cave ceiling before landing upon the figure of Meng Lin.

The light turned into small golden chains that dug deep within her body through her robes, clinging to her soul.

“Hmm” Xin Lin uttered as she didn’t expect that, this was just her second time but she was very familiar with the aura of the heavenly chains, more importantly she didn’t think their savior would shackle herself just for their fidelity, was loyalty that difficult to find these days.

A Heavenly Oath was a vow that affects a person’s soul and binds them to the heaven, it’s impossible to get rid of them and one has to fulfill their vow until their last breath.

“A heavenly oath is not something that a cultivator should joke about miss” Xin Lin said after recovering from her shock, she had said that however in her mind all doubts if not most were gone after seeing what just happened and De Sijie kept quiet on the sidelines.

“I’m afraid it was my only way of getting to you, now you know that I am not lying about this” Meng Lin said as she noticed her qi finally getting back under her control, ‘besides it’s only effective if you all pledge your fidelity so it’s my win anyways’.

“Can you show us the little boss first” Xin Lin said as she came to a decision, looking back at her sister for a moment she looked towards De Sijie who also looked back at her having come to a decision.

With a raised eyebrow behind the mask, Meng Lin looked at how they interacted before raising her hand up, gathering her qi into a large spiral sphere that bailed the area she snuck the unconscious little boss out of the inventory before letting him fall to the floor while withdrawing her qi.

THUD

Gasp

A small gasp left the mouth of the sisters while De Sijie at the the side suddenly started walking forward with eyes burning in fury.

She didn’t walk further as the surrounding qi from Meng Lin blocked her way.

“Let me through” De Sijie asked, not removing her fiery gaze from the little boss.

“Swear fidelity and i will give him to you”

The two sisters also walked up closer however the one to speak this time was the little sister and what she said shocked her older sister.

“I swear fidelity towards you” the girl said with a myriad of emotions in her eyes, looking towards her big sister she mouthed sorry with very little guilt in her eyes.

Xin Lin seeing her sister like this didn’t know what to do so she choosed to not dwell in it as she too vowed out loud.

“I will also swear fidelity to you”

“Hmm” Meng Lin uttered while thinking about this turn of event, she looked towards De Sijie who was keeping quiet before saying “I guess you don’t want your revenge” with obvious sarcasm in her voice.

Yet, De Sijie didn’t react to the words as she seemed to be thinking really hard about something, looking up towards Meng Lin she sighed before uttering the same thing.

“I swear fidelity to you”

“ I’ll accept all your oaths” Meng Lin said when suddenly the air in the cave shifted and a golden light permitted the whole place covering all their figures.

A few seconds later the light faded and Meng Lin felt a connection, looking down at the little boss on the floor she turned around before walking towards the entrance of the cave.

“do what you want” she said having gotten what she wanted.

21