Chapter 57: Pills Identified
433 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hahaha, complete eradication, those are strong words coming from you” De Sijie laughed as she hear the seriousness in Meng Lin’s voice, making her statement all the more amusing to her.

“i don’t know which stage you are but I know that you are only at the Foundation Establishment Realm, stop playing around with empty words”

“Empty, they are not empty words as I will do what I set out to do” Meng Lin said as she gave De Sijie an imposing glare which was blocked by her gold mask.

“Do you even know what you are up against” De Sijie asked dropping her laughter with a cold stern gaze directed towards Meng Lin, three scars were currently overlapped on her face, making her gaze that much more savage.

Xin Lin, at the side saw the exchange and stepped forward, her eyes lighting up and she spoke softly.

“I wanted to ask, what was that incense that you used on us”

Raising her arms up and showing the scars underneath her robes she said “My body feels invigorating and cleansed while my blood flow has improved, it’s effects are remarkable”

“I’ll explain later, but for now how about you tell me what these pills are” Meng Lin asked as she swiped over her storage bag, bringing out a dozen pills.

“Half of these are low quality pills, but there are some good ones in there” Xin Lin said as she recognized them instantly, taking one from Meng Lin’s palm, she said.

“This is the Marrow Cleansing Pill, it can cleanse impurities inside a cultivator's body, making cultivation easier, although this one is of a law quality it will still work”

Taking them one by one she continued explaining “ a Detoxification Pill that gets rid of poison from rank one spirit beast, a Calming pill that helps you maintain clearity and a Poison pill that makes you suffer from internal injuries before dying.”

“Oh” Meng Lin uttered as her eyes hidden underneath her mask fluctuated a little, it’s a good thing that she didn’t carelessly take them without knowing them.

“This is” Xin Lin suddenly exclaimed as she picked up the last pill that glowed a little,” a Foundation Establishment Pill”

“What” De Sijie at the side suddenly interrupted, her eyes filled with surprise, how can such a valuable pill end up with that fatty? Of all people.

“A foundation establishment pill, it’s a pill that Qi gathering Realm cultivators use to breakthrough to the next realm” Xin Lin explained even thought she knows it was unnecessary as Meng Lin was someone of the Foundation Establishment Realm already.

“Thank you for your explanation, I take it that’s all of them” Meng Lin asked as she wanted to make sure.

“Yes, that’s everything” Xin Lin replied as she returned the pill in her hand back to Meng Lin, whereupon Meng Lin, stored them back inside her storage bag.

De Sijie, who was about to say something kept quiet and looked to the side with a hardened face.

Now, it’s time you tell me how you ended up in that situation” Meng Lin asked as she wanted to know personally.

“How we ended up like that” Xin Lin repeated as her brightly lit expression was overshadowed with gloominess.

Lowering her head and gazing at the ground, she felt sadness fill her chest before her numerous memories seemed to unravel in her mind, she couldn’t even bear to look at her sister in the eye as her own eyes started filling up.

“What’s there to know about their story, isn’t it because she loved the wrong person” De Sijie said in a huff and looked away.

She didn’t like the sight of a weakling letting emotions get the better of them, so she always looked down upon Xin Lin for her misfortune as if it was not her own fault for her and her sister ending up that way.

Meng Lin looked at the riled up De Sijie before looking back towards Xin Lin.

“I want to know what exactly happened, so speak”

Drip

Drip

Meng Lin raised an eyebrow as she noticed the tears running down Xin Lin’s bowed face staining the ground.

She watched as Xin Lin raised her head with determination in her eyes before speaking with a trembling voice.

**Levitation Sect**

A few miles away from the Sect was a small secluded area with clusters of trees that obscure the environment from outside views.

Behind the trees was a small alter that had been erect on the ground, at the center of the altar was a giant compass that radiated an eerie red light as its head pointed towards a certain direction away from the sect.

standing around the altar were two peoples that were conversing with each other while gazing upon the compass.

“Why is lord Yuan still not acting out, it’s been over two days since the compass became still, it has found the target and yet he still hasn’t given us any orders, what could he be thinking” one of the two, a middle aged man in a blue robe said with a trace of worry in his voice.

The other man, a young man with a scheming face kept quiet for a second before responding “he could be waiting for the people of the Palace to be out of reach before acting”

“The Palace” the middle aged man asked, seemingly remembering about them.

“Yes, as you know the Wicked Prince, Di Luan came to take three youngsters with luan’s soul, he was accompanied by very powerful beings so it would be unwise to move now” the young man said as he stood with arms crossed, he held a baffaled look as he added.

“It’s puzzling how this last person was not discovered by the Heaven Tracking Tablet and yet was noticed by our lesser Soul Compass”

“But that’s the problem, what if that person hides again, we would never be able to find them” the middle aged man said as he brought his worries to light.

“I know that but we can only leave it to chance, Lord Yuan understands so he will not blame us if the compass stops functioning, beside it’s just a few more hours before we can move” The young man said as he let out an eerie smile, he was curious as to what kind of physique it was that they would be seeing.

“But what if that person returns to the Levitation Sect before then, what then”.

the middle aged man continued to bring up his worries, making the young man look towards the middle aged man as if he were a fool.

“then we wait for lord Yuan’s orders, isn’t it just another third rate sect, it seems you’re not very bright, uncle”.

19