Chapter 58: Hatching The Egg
450 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So that’s what happened” Meng Lin asked as she looked towards Xin Lin’s sister, Xin Lan for confirmation.

And what she received was resounding “yes” which made her raise her left hand up to her chin.

it really was the case of loving the wrong person, she had read a lot of novels like that and this situation was no different from most of them.

Weather if it was for love or desire, in the end, it would only lead to tragedy, she made sure to keep that in the back of her head as she moved forward from now on.

Turning her mask covered face towards De Sijie, she was about to speak when she was interrupted.

“You have my loyalty and that’s all you need, I won’t delve in the details of my past” De Sijie said in a firm yet gentle voice, “From now on, my only duty is to carry out your order, you do the same as you vowed.”

“As I vowed” Meng Lin repeated the words before shaking her head from side to side, she naturally will do what she set out to do, but for now.

“I don’t suppose you three have a place to stay” she asked as her gaze mostly focused on De Sijie, the Xin sisters came from a small village from the southern part of the Soaring Cloud Region and she doubts that they know much.

De Sijie seemed more confident in her ability than the others thus giving the impression that she has a strong background.

And yet Meng Lin’s thoughts were thrown out the window when the same De Sijie looked at her in confusion.

“Don’t ask us, of course we don’t have a place like that, I mean just look at our realm” De Sijie said as she pointed out their current situation.

Hmm” Meng Lin uttered, not sure of how to proceed.

She was about to head back to her sect and she couldn’t just walk in with three other girl in tow, it seems that they would have to be on vacation in the inventory for a while, until she could figure something out.

Raising her arm in the air, she suddenly released her qi into the surroundings without warning the trio, startling them.
A bright light appeared in the area before surrounding the girls.

A few seconds later the light faded taking with it any signs that the three Immortal Elixers disciples were there to begin with.

“Now then” Meng Lin said as she gazed at the cave entrance before her, thinking for a moment she walked forward intending to do one last thing before leaving.

She didn’t want to use this cave but she couldn’t help it since it was the only decent one around this whole place but she didn’t plan to go all the way in.

Thud

Dropping the Soul Confusing Scroll on the ground at the entrance, Meng Lin stopped on the other side of the entrance before siting down rigidly on the rocks at the entrance of the cave.

Right now she has a mysterious jade box that resides in another storage bag which she couldn’t touch, so she could only toss it inside her inventory.

She has countless beast carcasses that date back to the Westmount Valley, from rank 0 to rank 3 and now she holds the gold core of that same 3 spirit beast.

She now identified the pills that she has with half of them being worthless, but at least she now knows what they are.

A foundation establishment Pill, her second one, it could be useful in elevating two of the three girls into a more useful role.

And lastly she holds the Lesser Grade Talent Nurturing fruit, which was the purpose of her stay here in the first place.

She was tempted to give it to one of the girls just to see their growth but her own growth was more important and she was naturally curious about the taste of the fruit.

“Inventory”

Meng Lin looked at the many slots in the inventory before focusing on two items, the talent nurturing fruit and the spirit beast egg.

Taking out the beast egg she looked at its description once more.

[Rattle serpent egg]

inside is spirit beast with a rank 2 bloodline, once hatched it quickly grows to the peak of a rank two spirit beast where it can no longer go any further.

According to the book that she had read about the spirit beast eggs, the way to hatch them is through soaking them in the blood of a spirit beast of the same level for 10 day and 10 nights, naturally she didn’t have the time to make such an effort back then.

However she had also read that an even faster way to make them hatch is through a higher realm spirit beast of which, not only takes an hour but makes them even stronger and she met all the conditions for that.

“Now then” she said as she laid down the beast egg gently on a soft surface before taking out the rank three ape carcass.

THUD

A hugh sound emerged from within the cave as the body of the Ape barely fit within the little cave walls, the surrounding walls were cramped and Meng Lin was being happy that she stayed at the entrance and had not gotten deeper.

Standing next to the Ape Meng Lin gathered brute Qi into her hand before slashing down with the Waterfall Slash technique.

Swish

A small but deep slice was created on the dead body of the ape and Meng Lin placed the egg right underneath the wound.

She waited for a couple seconds before she saw blood oozing out of the wound and onto the egg, the egg which was unresponsive all these times suddenly started glowing red as it began absorbing something from within the blood of the ape, Blood Essence.

Meng Lin looked at all this from right under her mask before shifting her focus onto something else, “It should only take about an hour” she said as she sat rigidly again.

Huff

Taking off the golden mask that covered her face she breathed out with her soft lips before bringing up the inventory panel.

Reaching inside she took out the Lesser Grade Talent Nurturing fruit which began painting the whole surrounding with a different spectra of light.

It’s purple light traveled fast as in a few seconds it stopped around the cave entrance and the giant ape carcass before filling the cramped space with wonder.

The spirit beast egg started glowing with even more power as it began to wobbles from side to side as if reacting to the purple light in the air.

Had she been of a calm mind Meng Lin would have noticed the bizarre behavior of the egg but her eyes were fuzzy with anticipation as she brought the fruit up to her lip and bit into it.

21