Chapter 59: Internal Spiritual Changes
604 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Meng Lin felt a whole new sensation of power as she chewed the fruit in her mouth, tasting the delightful sweetness with each bite. This was even more delicious than she had expected.

It's power was extraordinary as she felt her heart beating faster with every second that passed, it was as if she was about to burst from the sensation.

Gulp

Swallowing it, her body thumped alongside her heartbeat and she felt something happen to her dantian where her liquid spiritual sea resides.

“Ugh”

All of a sudden she winced in pain and grabbed her stomach, she felt pain to her Dantian, it was expanding ever so slight that she wouldn’t even have noticed it had it not been for the pain.

Gritting her teeth she endured as she noticed that it was not just her dantian, her whole body seemed to be changing from the inside.

Her spiritual vains all around her body widened and stretched while her meridians loosened to the point of opening themselves, her forehead burned with a new feeling as she felt a change in her spiritual consciousness as well.

She had no doubt that she was going through a massive change as the changes inside started affecting her outer organ with her skin also starting to flush a faint red as she felt her skin hardened and her eyes burn.

The pain began to subside and Meng Lin was able to get up to a crossed legged position and circulate qi through her newfound internal organs.

While doing so an overwhelming feeling of comfort and belonging washed over her as she felt the qi energy circulating through her body, it was like she had just left behind a cramped vessel and had entered a new wider one.

Madden amounts of qi was circulating through her veins traveling several times faster than before with even stronger force being carried within them.

Her countless meridians which she had not touched before were suddenly the forcus of her will as she directed her qi onto one of them.

Boom

A deep and loud sound of thunder resounded in her mind as the qi which she used to hit the meridian was unable to go through it as it was repelled back.

‘Wha’ Meng Lin exclaimed in her mind as she thought for a small second before focusing her gaze elsewhere.

Her Dantian which had been expanding had finally stopped as it’s size had increased by 30% with new space being available for her liquid qi to be stored in.

Her spiritual sea raged in her mind as the Qi Gathering Cultivation Method worked diligently to take more qi from the outside and store it in the spiritual sea.

A few minutes later and her spiritual sea became full of qi, now having the capacity to hold more liquid qi.

Opening her eyes which glowed with a purple hue, she looked upon the world with a newfound clarity.

Yet the sight that met hers was of another with similar eyes as she became slight startled.

Hiss

With eyes glowing with a lesser purple hue, a small coiled up snake was gazing at her with eyes full of intellect.

Around it was a puddle of blood as the blood from the giant ape had long stopped flowing.

She couldn’t see the shells but Meng Lin was sure, It was undoubtedly the snake from her egg as it seemed to match the description that she had read of their species.

Looking at it, Meng Lin picked up her gold mask and put it away before getting up to approach it, she stopped a few feets before the snake and bent down to stretch her arm out to it.

Clang

“Hmm” Meng Lin uttered as she looked at her finger before looking at the snake which hadn’t moved from its position.

She was slightly surprised, not at the speed and intellect of the snake but rather at the durability of her body, it seems that she would have to thoroughly inspect herself.

Bringing her arm closer to the snake she wasn’t surprised as it slowly crawled towards her before attempting to bite again, this time with even more force.

Meng Lin smiled a little as she noticed the snake’s small teeth pierced through her skin, She picked up the snake gently with her other hand and teased.

“You’re not very friendly”

Bringing it closer she got a better look at the snake, it was only about 2 feet long with its width being super small, it would have looked no different then the others of its own species had it not been for the small purple hue that were coming from it’s eyes.

It’s gaze seem to be indicating something to Meng Lin who nodded her head, “yes, from now on you are my, Meng Lin’s spirit beast”

Thumb

The creature shone with golden light before it stopped biting Meng Lin’s finger, it’s gaze suddenly turned excited as it looked at Meng Lin.

[Congratulation to the host for forming a contract with a spirit beast]

[The spirit beast garden is unlocked]

“Oh” Meng Lin said with surprise as she saw the prompt from the system, gazing back at the creature.

A small smile formed on the side of her mouth and she held onto the little creature, Petting its head with a warm smile, she finally decided to name it Purple.

“Spirit beast garden” Meng Lin said as a small screen appeared before her, on the screen was a small garden that had an empty slot at the side, touching the slot Meng Lin saw another screen.

This time just a statement as it asked Meng Lin to add a spirit beast, she looked at the prompt before looking down at the small snake coiling around her fingers.

“Purple I choose you” She yelled out stretching her hand and startling the little snake before a small golden light appeared around the little snake and took it away.

The little snake appeared in the unfamiliar place as it didn’t get freaked out but rather looked at everything with curiosity before slithering through the garden which was only a few dozen meters long.

Meng Lin gazed at the little snake in the screen and covered her face she felt it turn red from embarrassment, she had been suddenly reminded of something from her past life and she said a phrase that she used to say as a child.

Meng Lin shook her head, she didn’t want to let herself indulge in these little moments so her gaze became focused with a strong purple hue as she knew her path.

She looked at the massive corpse infront of her before taking the ape carcass into her inventory.

Thinking for a second she started unloosing her robe before throwing it to the side and taking out a new one.

Gathering a little fire qi she set the robe on the side ablaze before wearing the new one, a blue and white robe.

Walking up to the cave entrance she picked up the soul confusing scroll before walking out of the entrance.

Step

Step

Walking for a few meters away she looked back at the entrance before waving her hand.

Boom!

The cave ceiling that had been cracked under pressure from the ape’s carcass was now completely collapsed, preventing anyone else from accessing the cave, this was also her way of hiding the dead body of the little boss.

She looked towards the distant horizon before saying. “Let’s get back to the sect”

22