Chapter 60: Return
442 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Levitation Sect**
**Outer Sect mountain**

In a hugh mountain range with complex terrain all around stood the ‘entrance’ to the Levitation Sect on one mountainside.

Unlike most sects that luxuriously decorate their entrances, the ‘entrance’ to the Levitation Sect was not extravagant, It was simply a hugh gate that was constantly open with outer sect diciples walking in and out of the sect from various chores.

It doesn’t serve much purpose than to be an entrance to the outer sect diciples as the mountain they reside on is only for the outer sect members.

At the entrance is a powerful spiritual array that scans through the diciples as they walk in and out to make sure no spies or enemies are entering the sect.

Every outer sect diciple was given a token of identity by the recruitment hall when they first got their spiritual roots tested, the token served as an identification as well as a symbol of an Outer Sect Diciple.

One only needed the token to enter the outer sect mountain as the Levitation Sect didn’t place much emphasis on the security of the outer sect mountain.

The Levitation Sect is a sects that doesn’t consider outer sect diciples as part of the sect, to be a true diciple they would have to reach the Foundation Establishment Realm.

This view is shared by countless other powerful sects, seeing the outer sect disciples as but more mouths to feed and extra weight.

However within a couple thousand outer sect disciples there are a select few that have great potential to reach the Foundation Establishment Realm and be considered inner sect disciples.

It was because of this idea that the outer sect mountain was built, because within these outer sect diciples there might be someone to be revered in the future.

Whereas the entrance to the inner sect was on a whole different level of security, it consisted of an invisible barrier that encompassed several mountains as well as a strict arrangement of the guard posts including its outer sect mountain.

Currently within this strict arrangement of security in the inner sect courters was a terrible power brewing.

Within a dimly lit room with an assortment of puppets all around was a black robed man with a sly smile on his face.

Infront of the man stood a red giant, white sparks flew all around the body of the giant as it stood fully complete, its eyes which were blank suddenly lit up with fire as it released terrifying power all around.

The man stood up from his seated position and said “finally”.

Taking out a small talisman he put a strand of qi inside to make it light up, the talisman exploded and the man stood still, his eyes closed and he forcued within his forehead, the place where his spiritual consciousness lay dormant, his Spiritual Palace.

Within his Spiritual Palace which should only have his spiritual consciousness was a small blob of dark substance, it twitched a little before bursting into a corporal body with vile aura.

With eyes red as a flaming ruby, the newcomer smiled. “You’re ready”.

“Yes master Yuan” The man replied.

“Good, Now I can make better use of you, prepare for it is just an hour away”

The stranger said before vanishing as mysteriously as he came, leaving no trace behind except for the blob that receded into its original state.

The man opened his eyes and his smile widen even more, he looked around his creations before siting down once again, he had to be ready for what’s to come.

**Outer Sect Courters**

At the entrance of the mountain was the figure of a young woman adorned in a blue and white robe, her hair swayed in the wind as her figure moved through the entrance.

Her gaze exhibited an intensely that was enchanting as purple hue shone through her pupils.

Walking in broad daylight the young woman would be an attraction had it not been for something lowering her aura.

It was none other than Meng Lin who had just returned from the Ochid Spring Mountain, her cultivation was suppressed and and her Formless Cultivation Method was currently active.

None was gazing at her as she operated the Formless Cultivation Method to lower her presence, she headed to her own cave as she didn’t want to submit the orchid spring flowers from her recent mission.

It would be too suspicious if someone of her ‘realm’ was able to enter the Orchid Spring Mountain, let alone be able to pick up the flower without being affected.

She had noticed that the sect wasn’t as strict as she had imagined but that was all going to her benefit so she wouldn’t complain.

Reaching her cave she opened the door before closing it behind her.

Sigh

Meng Lin let out a big sigh as she felt at home, she may not have shown it but she was slightly nervous back there.

Siting down and crossing her legs she thought back to what she had realized on her way back to the sect.

Her speed had increased exponentially as it took her half the time that it would normally take to get back.

She was itching to test herself against a real opponent but she decided to be patient, it was not long that she broke through, so she decided to solidify her foundation.

She closed her eyes and relaxed her body, letting go of all her thoughts as she entered a state of meditation.

Breathing in and out, she revitalized her mental fortitude, letting her mind be free at last.

It had not even been an hour when Meng Lin was interrupted in her meditation, her forehead burned and her spiritual consciousness burst out with a new purple light before locking onto something.

Her eyes twitched as she felt her heart beat accelerate like never before, she could feel a presence in her cave, something or someone gazing at her with eyes full of curiosity and expectation.

Opening her eyes, she turned towards the person with a calm yet silent gaze.

“Oh” a soft voice sounded as a girl in a pink dress appeared in Meng Lin’s view.

“It’s you”

Meng Lin uttered as her gaze hardened, she remembered meeting this same girl when she first arrived at the outer sect hall, she never would have imagined that it would be her.

“You, you can see me” the girl said astonished, her gaze focused and her face showed some confusion before returning back to normal.

“Well this is abnormal, I never would have thought that you would gain such a thing in your little mission, I knew I should have followed you there as well” the girl muttered before raising her head up to something and vanishing on the spot.

“What” Meng Lin exclaimed before increasing the range of her spiritual consciousness, when suddenly the ground below her began to shake.

It was not just the ground, the whole cave system was shacking, and the shaking came from deeper in the ground as Meng Lin instinctively knew to go outside.

A loud sound suddenly traveled through the air as the whole area was dyed with the noise of a colossal rumbling followed by a big explosion.

BOOM!!

Meng Lin felt her ears ring and her eyes widened as an immense force slammed against her, sending her flying down the mountain.

Bot just her, the entire mountain seemed to be struck by an aftershock as the back of the mountain completely collapsed, destroying with it countless diciples caves.

20