Chapter 61: Puppet Master
413 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting her bearings in the air Meng Lin landed next to a tree with little effort before looking at the direction she felt the force coming from.

“The inner sect Mountain”

**Inner Sect Courters**

A dark aura suddenly erupted within the inner sect courters and shot into the sky before spreading throughout the sect in the form of dark clouds that covered the entire mountain range.

the sky itself seemed to ripple like a pond as it reflected the inner sect courters as well as all the other sections of the levitation sect including the outer sect mountain.

From within the reflective clouds an incredible pressure burst forth, space suddenly cracked and a massive presences decended.

The presence was so complex that it felt as if it was from the heavens themselves, it came from within the crack before solidifying together to create a giant red crystal.

The crystal stretched out in all directions, its width reaching a few dozen meters while its height reaching the same number, the massive presence that had filled the entire sect was no more and in its place, was a giant red crystal!

All that happened in a couple second and the Levitation sect members were finally able to react to the situation.

Dozens of spiritual energies spiked and several hundred cultivators from the inner sect mountain began floating upward to investigate.

Inner sect disciples at the Foundation Establishment Realm and sect elders at the Gold Core Realm were the majority of the crowd as only a few were in the Soul Wondering Realm.

A blue robed man and a gray robed old man were the first to arrive by the portal as the rest arrived soon after.

A few of them held fearful expressions and some held a knowing expression as they gazed at the crystal, as if they had seen it before.

After looking at the crystal up close the gray robed old man knew exactly what was happening and he didn’t hesitate to take out a talisman before breaking it into pieces, it was then that the big red crystal began to shine.

a blur emerged form within the crystal before zooming towards them, it appeared in front of the old man before striking out with its claws open.

Zing

The old man in gray had no time to react as he was only at the Gold Core Realm.

He only comprehended the situation after he saw a big claw in front of his face that appeared stuck in time as someone seemed to have intervened.

“Demonic beast”

The old man exclaimed with a shocked and terrified face before he flew away looking at the one that saved his life.

A group of core sect members appeared and a dozens more sect elders arrived, at the front was the Sect Master, Xin Riu who held a thoughtful expression as he gazed at the stuck figure in the air that revealed its form.

It was a monsters figure with two wings and four eyes, it’s aura was terrible and it released energy equivalent to an early rank 4 spirit beast.

its gaze was chaotic as even though it couldn’t move it appeared wild with no reasoning to think.

“Long Yi, go and terminate it” the Sect master said while turning towards his four attendant behind him.

“you three create that barrier as soon as possible”

“Yes sect master” the four behind him began acting out as ordered when suddenly a laughter rang out right underneath them.

Looking down, the crowd saw a man in a black robe standing inside a hugh crater, his aura was that of a Soul Wondering Realm cultivator and he laughed before spreading his arms wide open.

With a wide smile he said “Go forth my beautiful creations”

Seemingly from out of nowhere, hundreds of puppets appeared, all radiating power at the Foundation Establishment Realm, dozens of puppets were in the Gold Core Realm with some remarkable ones showing Soul Wondering Realm aura as they ran rampant and attacked the crowd directly above.

Although surprised many sect elders were prepared for the assault, and the barrage of magical puppets were met with a variety of spiritual energy as the entire area suddenly became a battlefield.

Spiritual energy ran through the sky as spiritual symbols and seals flew about, destructive streams of golden lighting filled the air as fights broke out between magical puppets and humans alike.

In the midst of the fights was the Sect Master who hesitated a little before reaching out with his hand towards the stuck giant figure that came from the crystal.

Boom

The bizarre creature frozen in time suddenly shook before exploding in a burst of red light, The sect master gazed at the result before changing his instructions as he turned towards his attendants.

“Long Yi seal it”

“And you three hurry and set the barrier, before it’s too late” he added as he flew down towards the man that seemed responsible for all this.

Landing on the crater that spanned the area the Sect Master spoke with a stern voice.

“I presume you’re Shang Juan”

The black robed man held a contempt gaze before replying with a smile.

“I haven’t been called that in a long while, so you’re my replacement, I guess the old man moved on huh…tut”.

Speaking with a dissatisfied voice he added. “It doesn’t really matter who I am anymore, I have a task to complete, this place is going to be destroyed shortly, this sect and all its members will be nothing more than a pile of ashes”

Sect Master Xin Riu looked at the man before him with pity in his eyes before reaching out with his hand.

A field of destructive energy surrounded his body, and he quickly chanted some obscure incantations.

A second later he looked at the black robed man before speaking again, this time with a glow in his eyes.

“He was right that this is your fate, I can’t do anything to stop it, but I can at least give you a painless death”

“Nirvana Blade”

A spiritual light instantly flooded the area and a silver blade appeared in Sect Master’s hand as he raised it before slashing down in a swift motion.

A bright light instantly consumed everything in its path and within seconds the black robed man, Shang Juan was consumed as well.

“Hmm” The sect master uttered as he realized something, releasing his spiritual consciousness, his gaze hardened as he saw the answer right away.

His light faded and he looked at the result of his attack, the blacked robed man was no more as within his place only scrapes wood were left behind.

The sect master, Xin Riu held a deep sense of unease as he realized that it had been a puppet that he was talking to all along.

If that was a puppet then the real Shang Juan had already made his escape, Xin Riu grumbled as he thought of what to do next, when he suddenly felt dizzy before looking up at the crystal that began to shine.

The three cultivators at the late stage of the Soul Wondering Realm had already began to take action when suddenly the red crystal lit up again.

A terrible feeling emerged from within the hearts of everyone as a more powerful figure stepped through.

23