Chapter 62: Shattered Crystals
426 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The figure of a woman stepped through the giant red crystal.

She was covered in an ancient robe with an orb in her hand, her eyes were a shade of red and her gaze wondered around as if inquiring about something.

The woman would have looked no different from a human had it not been for the sharp horn on her head which suddenly started glowing.

The three cultivators at the crystal immediately felt impending doom as they lost control of their bodies right when the woman arrived.

Unable to move, their eyes locked onto her own and her mouth finally moved to form a condescending smile when a beam of light suddenly struck, evaporating the three cultivators with no resistance at all.

The horn of the woman stopped glowing and she opened her fair mouth to speak while gazing at the orb in her hand.

“This realm has its own will, you had the audacity to defy it and bring in foreign beings, what are you really after” she said in a deep voice, as if speaking to someone before her horn glimmered once again.

the environment suddenly changed and the will of other beings made themselves know as right above the sect came a cluster of powerful wills.

Rumble

The sky suddenly shook, and clouds started to move as several pressures descended upon the area, dozens of clouds became filled with Qi and they gathered together to form a small portal that glowed in richness.

Powerful pressure descended on the battlefield as everyone stopped what they were doing to pay close attention to what was happening.

A host of 6 silhouettes appeared from the small portal, each one filled with a unique and powerful aura as multiple Nascent Soul cultivators made themselves known, behind each of them was spheres gleaming with various colors.

At the front was an old man that gazed at everything with calmness as dozens of spiritual energy lurked around him, as if asking for his orders.

He was clearly the leading figure of the group, floating a few meters from the giant crystal, the woman’s gaze focused as soon as she saw the old man, seemingly knowing something.

By the old man’s side was a man in red that exuded a strong and dangerous aura, his gaze were drawn to the woman the moment he got there and they burned with hatred.

Behind the duo was the Grand elders from the Raging Flame Sect as from the Levitation sect, only two of their four grand elders appeared.

Leading the grand elders from the raging flames sect was a man in all white that gazed at the current situation before turning to the old man with tranquil eyes.

“It seems it couldn’t be done on time”, spoke the man as if it wasn’t something that bothered him, the old man kept his calm gaze as he nodded along not the least showing his emotions.

The man in red suddenly received an order and a smile formed on his lip, a cross symbol appeared on his forehead and his figure disappeared with a flash.

He appeared dozens of meters behind the woman, his target being the giant crystal, his hand glowed with a powerful aura and a moment later he brought it down onto the colossus crystal, attempting to destroy it.

The woman raised an eyebrow and her focus gaze didn’t shift from the old man as she said.

“It was a clever move but it’s already too late”

Boom

An explosion resonated throughout the area as the crystal suddenly burst into countless pieces, it was in pieces yet it didn’t disappear as the couple dozens pieces flew across different parts of the mountain range before slamming onto anything in their paths and rooting themselves into the earth.

Over dozens pieces of the broken crystal scattered around the sect, and they all began to shine as demonic creatures began to emerge from them.

Dozens of rank 2 and 3 creatures started pouring into the sect, they began to rampage through the sect attacking both cultivator and puppet alike as only destructive impulses filled their minds.

The old man’s face darkened as he watched the newly formed monsters wreak havoc across the sect, many of the defending cultivators and puppets were swallowed up in their rampage as they mercilessly attacked anything.

With clear emotion in his voice he uttered, “So it’s come to this”

Without turning his gaze to the three from the raging flames sect behind him he said “I need you three to help destroy the pieces, Feng Lee and I well be exterminating this one now”

He then flew towards the woman, the three of them could see his figure start glowing an otherworldly gold as he let off a deafening wave of energy that engulfed the whole area.

The three from the Raging flame sect started to move and the man in red appeared right next to the First Grand elder, his gaze was even more intense as the cross symbol on his head began to glow in with scarlet light.

The demoness in front of them appeared surprised, her gaze turned to the leaving figures from the raging flame sect before she exclaimed with a wide grin.

“You are either underestimating me, or overestimating yourself, old man!”

“Demoness, don’t waste our time talking, today will be known as the day you met your end” said the man in red as he raised his hand in which a multicolored sword appeared.

**Outer sect courters**

Meng Lin held a confused expression as she gazed at the dark clouds in the sky, she had just witnessed a colossus crystal the size of a small mountain, only for it to shatter a few minutes later.

The earth beneath Meng Lin shook violently as two crystal pieces slammed onto to ground, etching themselves firmly in the mountain.

One of them appeared about 70 meters from her, and the other was out of her line of sight as it landed on the other side of the mountain.

"What is this?" Meng Lin muttered as she released her spiritual consciousness towards the crystal, only to be met with a mysterious force that pushed it back.

Meng Lin was suprised, her spiritual consciousness was a little mysterious as even she doesn’t know what it might be capable of and yet she was pushed back by an unknown force from the crystal.

She was about to try a different method to investigate when she saw the crystal suddenly beginning to shine.

22