Chapter 63: Barrier
408 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A demonic beast stepped through the crystal and it began growling madly, it’s power was equivalent to the middle stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm and it spotted Meng Lin right away.

Roar!

Without the slightest hesitation, the demonic beast roared and charged towards Meng Lin who’s hand began to rise.

Meng Lin waited for a few seconds as the creature began to reach her place.

“Surge”

Massive water qi circulated in her body and burst forth in the form of a huge wave as it engulfed the demonic beast whose fate became unknown.

Releasing her spiritual consciousness outward Meng Lin was able to bypass the wave of her technique to view the damage being dealt to the beast, and she became solemn.

Jumping a few meters back and standing upon a thick branch of a tree Meng Lin looked on as the creature burst through her attack with incredible damage being shown on its body.

It was barely standing still and yet it roared with fury in its eyes as it charged once again.

The beast was coming but Meng Lin’s focus was elsewhere as she detected a fluctuation in her spiritual consciousness near the crystal, making her realize that another was coming through.

Bringing her focus back to the demonic beast that was a few meters from her, Meng Lin didn’t bother to use any techniques as she jumped towards the creature breaking the thick branch below her.

Her arms began to be covered with little qi as she headed towards the demonic beast before punching out with powerful force.

Boom

Red blood burst into the air like a rain as the body of the demonic beasts was immediately smashed into pieces.

Landing softly onto the ground, Meng Lin was slightly impressed at her strength, the punch she delivered earlier mostly consisted of her body’s strength, she only added little qi and the results was shocking.

However she was slightly concerned and confused about the situation, had the sect been attacked or was there an accident that occurred in the sect.

Well no matter the circumstances she had to first leave the sect, whatever was happening is clearly out of her league.

Turning her gaze towards the crystal she wasn’t surprised to see another demonic creature coming out as the fluctuation earlier was from the crystal shining.

A similar demonic beast stood at the crystal roaring loudly before sprinting towards Meng Lin, clearly this one had the same goal as the previous, it wanted Meng Lin dead.

Looking at the demonic beast coming Meng Lin waited until it was in a 5 meters range before she raised her hand.

An immense power gathered in her palm before turning into a condensed ball of thunder that was released in a small but concentrated beam right at the beast’s face.

Boom!

Coming into contact with the beast that radiated similar power at the middle stage of the foundation establishment realm.

The beam tore through its head in a straight line and it didn’t decrease in power as it struck the trees behind the beast destroying them all instantly.

Thud

“Wow” Meng Lin said as the beast fell right before her.

Thinking back to the Westmount Valley, she remembered how the black snake used the same move, now seeing’s it’s true destructiveness she realized that this could be another offensive technique in her arsenal, an offensive Thunderbolt Flash technique.

“Now” looking at the two weird and similar beast that radiated dark energy Meng Lin stored them in her inventory before raising her gaze to the sky above the inner sects.

Rumble

The sky was illuminating with brilliant rays of light as energy from something started to mix with thunderclouds, lighting up the whole sect for a moment.

“I have to leave now” Meng Lin said as lightning covered her whole body and with a dash she disappeared into the distance.

Running down the mountain at a fast pace, Meng Lin saw outer sect disciples running in confusion, obviously confused about the situation and running from something.

Continuing forward Meng Lin thought back to the crystal that struck on her side of the mountain, she remembered that there was two of them, ‘if that was the case’.

Roar!!!

Many loud roars pierced the air, breaking her out of her thoughts, looking forward she witnessed a demonic beast devouring a running outer-sect disciple.

Her gaze hardened and her thoughts became uncertain, sprinting forward she ran towards the creature, unbothered to even attack.

Boom

The early stage rank 2 beast was hit with such force that it was sent flying back into the distance as Meng Lin paid it no heed, her focus now was to leave the sect.

Arriving at the entrance Meng Lin held a grimace as she noticed a crystal around the corner, around the crystal was a crowd of demonic beast as they feasted on outer sect disciples as if they were cattle.

Turning her gaze to the entrance with its gates wide open Meng Lin attempted to dash through when suddenly.

Peng

“Ugh” Meng Lin faltered back and she held her forehead, looking up she could see an enormous barrier stretching across the area.

Not only was this entrance sealed, the entire mountain range seemed to be covered in thick red barrier that seemed unbreakable.

She was about to try again when she heard the noise of the demonic beast getting louder and louder, it seemed that she was noticed.

Turning her gaze behind her she looked on as over a dozen demonic beast started savagely sprinting towards her, but she remained unperturbed as he raised her hand up into the air again.

The lighting surrounding her gathered to her palm before forming a small cracking ball of qi, pouring more qi into it Meng Lin looked on as it grew bigger and bigger before turning into a giant ball of blazing lighting that started to affect the surroundings.

With a smile on her face she threw the ball towards the incoming demonic beast and a bright explosion soon followed.

BOOM!

Releasing her spiritual consciousness she held a satisfied expression as she noticed that only two remained alive in the explosion and they were not looking good.

It was only to be expected as she used a third of her power in that moment, the demonic beast that remained were releasing aura of the late stage and they charged towards her, all while not caring about the injuries on their bodies.

As these demonic beast were of a higher realm, Meng Lin’s gaze turned serious as she pointed out with a finger when lighting started gathering again.

Slashing horizontally with her hand a beam of high intensity lighting was released horizontally before sharply cutting into the two demonic beasts.

Meng Lin was about to go forward and collect the corpses when the crystal at the corner started to shine again, this time with even more light as another demonic beast emerged.

However this next creature to come out the crystal shocked Meng Lin as it was a combination of two different things, a giant spider crawled through the crystal and a human torso rested on the top.

It held the naked torso of a man with a horn on top of his head, there was countless eyes on his face and they gazed at the closest being around, Meng Lin.

Looking at the newcomer Meng Lin knew instantly how dangerous it was, it wasn’t because it’s eyes held intellect nor was it because it looked horrifying.

It was because of the fact that this demonic beast was releasing an aura even more powerful than any peak stage of the Foundation Establishment Realm, an aura infinitely closer the the Gold Core Realm.

It was a peak level demonic beast completely different from a normal spirit beast, Meng Lin gulped a little as the faintest glimmer of fear and excitement appeared in her heart.

24