Chapter 66: Disparity
407 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With an overwhelming feeling of despair Meng Lin took a step back for the first time in her life as she felt fear to her core.

The humanoid demonic beast in front of her was gazing at her as if a child seeing their new toy.

He brought his gaze back to himself and he gazed at his hand while muttering to himself.

“My lifespan has increased”

Meng Lin, not the least bit interested in waiting along, jumped backward before sprinting as fast as she could, her direction towards the inner sect mountains.

The whole sect is surrounded by the giant barrier so she can’t leave the sect, with nothing else to lose she headed towards the inner sect.

However her slow dash in the eyes of the humanoid spider appeared amusing as he didn’t chase after her right away.

He closed his eyes as he seemed to be receiving something, inherit memories flooded his brain and he opened his eyes.

The curious intellect held within his eyes turned to pure brutality as a wide smile appeared on his face before he disappeared from his current location.

Running through the infested mountain, Meng Lin came to a stop after spotting s few demonic beast before her, gritting her teeth she thought to do something before she heard the voice of the humanoid spider once again.

“Are you done running”

Appearing right behind her, Meng Lin felt her neck being held within sharp claws as beads of sweat appeared on her face.

“Argh”

The grip tightened around her neck and her face lost all color, her feet left the ground and she was suspended in the air.

“Don’t think I forgot the hideous scar you gave me a moment ago”

Being lifted into the air Meng Lin was brought down with a huge force and her head slammed into the ground.

Boom

Feeling lightheaded, Meng Lin felt excruciating pain to her face as debris was raised into the air.

Puchi

“Ugh”

Meng Lin grunted in pain, she felt pain to her leg and a hole opened up right above her left ankle.

The horn of the humanoid demonic spider started shimmering once more as another hole opened up on her right ankle.

The demonic spider grabbed her left hand before lifting her up off the ground, with jaggard teeths, it opened it’s mouth before biting down on soft flesh.

“Ahh”

Meng Lin yelped in pain as she felt her left hand hurt in an excruciating amount of pain, the demon’s teeths didn’t stop and chewed through her hand, biting more off her body.

Her heartbeat pumped furiously and tears appeared in her eyes, a small chunk of meat was missing from her forearm, it was small but the pain was unbearable.

Without being able to bear with this newfound pain, Meng Lin’s eyes rolled to the back of her head and she lost consciousness from shock.

The humanoid demonic beast was not aware of the state of Meng Lin’s mind as he chewed the flesh within his mouth before swallowing it.

He was about to continue with his meal when suddenly he was interrupted by a young voice.

“that’s enough”

Grunting with an annoyed face the humanoid demonic spider turned his gaze to the side to see a young man with a scheming face as well as a middle aged man at his side.

Standing with no fear within his eyes the young man continued.

“Hand her over, you’ve had your fun”

“it’s mine”

The humanoid demonic beast growled and spoke while showing his teeth, clearly showing he dislike to these newcomers.

A new aura was suddenly released from him, within his chest as his golden core shone and the surroundings began to change.

Spikes that resemble spider legs grew all around the area, changing the scenery in an instant.

“A Core Manifestation“ the young man said, his eyes squinted closer and he thought for a second.

However shaking his head he stopped thinking before a compass suddenly appeared within his hand.

Looking down at the compass in his hand he confirmed the target before turning to the middle aged man at his side.

“Wen ji go and retrieve her, Lord Yuan is about to make his appearance so it’s best for us to leave before that”

The middle aged man, having no problems with being ordered around by the young man walked forward before a gradual shift started to appear in the air.

Shua

A pressure suddenly began to appear around him before spreading and encompassing the humanoid demonic spider.

Step

Step

Step

With each step that the middle aged man took, the more powerful the pressure became until eventually the humanoid demonic beast was brought to his knees with the majestic scenery being destroyed in an instant.

Stopping a few steps before the beast, the middle aged man picked Meng Lin up before placing her over his shoulder and then turning around as if he didn’t notice the demonic beast.

The young man with the scheming face held a light smile as he gazed at the unconscious body of Meng Lin.

He turned his attention towards the humanoid demonic beast, still frozen where he kneeled.

“Since you seem to be different from the rest we’ll allow you to live as to not incite the wrath of that demoness up there”

Turning to leave, the young man looked back before with a disdainful smile as he continued to say.

“But make no mistake, you are only alive because we allowed you to live”

Qi became apparent in the air as the two cultivators slowly began to float before flying off the outer sect mountain, passing through the barrier with no problems.

The humanoid demonic beast, finally free from the pressure held a complex expression as countless thoughts began to fly in his head.

“Damn it” with an enraged exclamation he slammed against the ground raising dust everywhere.

He, a newly awakened royalty was actually forced to his knees by humans, he couldn’t do anything.

“Again, it’s humans”

His inherent memories flashed and his gaze darkened even further, he was about to get up from his kneeling position when he suddenly felt something.

“Ugh”

An excruciating pain suddenly came from within his stomach as he felt the insides of his stomach being corroded by something.

“Ahh”

He screamed as he felt it not only affect his internal organs but his spiritual organs as well.

His Dantian started showing signs of deterioration and his spiritual vains became disorganized all around his stomach and he began to feel nauseating.

With no way to deal with it he roared out loud and scratched at the ground as he felt dreadful fear.

“Ahhhhh”

Releasing large amounts of dark qi in the area, his horn started shimmering with light before he shot out a blazing qi into the sky that radiated power no early Gold Core being could muster.

20