Chapter 69: Firmament Refiner
385 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With crimson ruby eyes Lord Yuan’a transparent body became surrounded with pure white qi, the energy was released and the color of the sky changed to accommodate this new brilliance.

The man in red became more focused as his left eye lit up with even more golden light.

His body dimmed slightly before vibrating in his transparent state, slowly he faded from the view of everyone around, disappearing in the folds of space, his presence entirely gone.

“Hump, you think a little trick like that can work against me” Lord Yuan snorted.

His gaze wondered and the air continued to flow, he lifted his hand into the sky to use a technique in his newfound state.

“ Secret art, Domain Lock”

As he spoke those words, the surrounding space began to tremble and shake. A powerful energy field formed around him, locking down any movement within its range. Even the air seemed to be frozen in place.

However, just as Lord Yuan had completed his attack, Feng Lee reappeared behind him, having been forced out from the folds of space.

His body was covered in multicolored light, and his left eye was glowing even brighter, with his multicolored swordsword branded, he shouted.

“ Extremity Art, Pressure Piercing Slash!”

A beam of intense multicolored light shot out from his sword, intending on piercing through Lord Yuan’s transparent body.

Peng

However a recoil was produced as the beam collided with Lord Yuan’s body, but it did not penetrate him as Feng Lee had hoped. Instead, Lord Yuan’s body was unshaken with pure refined Qi protecting his body.

Feng Lee was slightly surprised by this as it was his strongest move but it was too late and Lord Yuan had already launched a counter attack, aiming to take advantage of Feng Lee’s moment of surprise.

The pure white qi surrounding his body riled up and he sent out a powerful punch towards Feng Lee's chest.

Feng Lee quickly reacted and dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the punch which left a crack in space, He then counterattacked with a quick slash towards Lord Yuan's arm, hoping to weaken his opponent's offensive capabilities.

Peng

But once again, Lord Yuan's refined qi protected him, leaving no damage on his arm.

Feng Lee gritted his teeth, realizing that this battle was not going to be easy. Lord Yuan was much stronger than himself and if he let himself get hit with any attack then he would be severely injured.

“You dodged, but can you keep up” Lord Yuan said as he struck out with his fist once more, attacking relentlessly, his movements swift and precise.

Peng

Using his sword as a shield Feng Lee was shocked to feel the force behind Lord Yuan’s punches as he was pushed back a few meters away.

Against a barrage of precise attacks Feng Lee struggled to keep up. He knew he had to come up with a new strategy, or he would lose this battle.

He took a deep breath and focused his energy onto his left eye, trying to sense Lord Yuan's weak points. Knowing that was his only chance.

However it was unfruitful as he couldn’t even gain a semblance of understanding over this particular energy.

With sweat running down his face he suddenly lunged forward, aiming for Lord Yuan's torso.

This time, his attack succeeded, and he managed to pierce through Lord Yuan's refined qi, causing him to stagger back in the air.

“Ohh” Lord Yuan became slightly surprised as he hadn't expected Feng Lee to make such a bold move.

Feng Lee did not waste any time and quickly followed up with a series of quick slashes, each one producing a beam of multicolored light as he utilized his Extremity Art in all his attacks.

Seeing a barrage of multicolored lights coming his way, Lord Yuan finally decided to stop playing around as his expression turned serious.

He raised his hand, and a powerful burst of energy surged out, causing the surrounding air to tremble and distort. The multicolored lights instantly dissipated, and the area was filled with a deafening rumble.

Lord Yuan's eyes glinted red as the pure energy surrounding his transparent body became amplified, speaking coldly he said.

“Playtime is over”

He stepped forward, and the space beneath him cracked as he disappeared from where he stood.

Appearing behind the Feng Lee he struck with lightning-fast speed, his fist filled with explosive pure energy.

Cought off guard Feng Lee was unable to react in time. With a loud boom, he was sent flying, crashing into the sect grounds and creating a massive crater.

Lord Yuan slowly floated gracefully in the air, his eyes glowing with a fierce intensity as he surveyed the area.

The remaining Raging Flames Grand Elders across the levitation sect had arrived but even they were hesitant about what to do.

The demoness was floating at the side, with a long gash on her body, she watched while tending to her wounds as her focus stayed on the crater beneath her.

Inside the crater lay the body of Feng Lee who’s transparent body showed numerous cracks as well as the leyout of a punch on his chest, he coughed blood and looked at the sky fading in and out of consciousness.

Up in the air, Lord Yuan stood alone in the clearing, his transparent body radiating with amplified pure white energy. He had shown his true power, and yet was not pleased as he gazed towards the old man.

The old man’s transparent body was filled with cracks and damage but his eyes still held their calmness.

Finding this calmness abnormal Lord Yuan raised his hand once again, and a large amount of amplified pure white energy became apparent in the air.

Condensing it into a ball that grew bigger and bigger he floated above the levitation sect and released the energy in a burst of light.

Bringing down his hand Lord Yuan said, “This is the end.”

“Firmament Refiner”

The light spread out in all directions, illuminating everything in its path and leaving the air shimmering with its power.

The light displayed terrifying might as it swallowed anything in its path, the crowd below looked on with helplessness and fear as the light engulfed them, not leaving a trace in its path.

A few seconds later and the light disappeared, Lord Yuan stood there, his eyes cold and emotionless as he surveyed the aftermath of his attack.

It was only after that did he chuckle with annoyance and uttered. “So that’s why”

17