Chapter 70: Faint Consciousness
375 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What happened” the demoness at the side asked as she noticed the abnormality as well.

Beneath them was the levitation sect, and roaming in it was the demonic beasts and puppets alike however any and all cultivators seemed to have vanished with no trace of their existence as even the dead bodies weren’t spared.

“It’s because of that” Lord Yuan said pointing towards the edge of the barrier surrounding the whole levitation sect.

Surrounding the levitation sect was a glowing blue sphere with thousands of words intricately arranged to form the outline of a formation.

“It should be a Grand Teleportation Formation, but for it to be able to bypass my barrier, it should not be an ordinary one”

Flicking his finger the barrier surrounding the whole sect was lifted and the demonic beasts inside started roaming outside the confines of the sect.

“What are you going to do now, news of this will spread and your name will be mentioned” the demoness asked as she transformed back to her human form, her horn glowed and she looked towards the mountain below.

Her words were directed towards Lord Yuan but her focus was towards the outer sect mountain below.

“It matters not, it will only affect this clone, besides I was getting tired of it’s role”

Lord Yuan’s transparent body gradually solidified and became corporal while his pure white qi also lessened and turned black and he turned towards the demoness to speak.

“Tell him, you’ve got what you want and I’ve got what I want, that ends our contract. I’ll be leaving now”

He suddenly glowed before bursting into a blob that slowly dissolved in the air, leaving only a faint trace of his qi behind.

Seeing that, the demoness let out a sigh of relief before looking down towards the sect, “the Demonic Crystal is destroyed so it’s another 2 years before I can connect the two realms again”

She floated down before landing on the flattened ground of the outer sect mountain.

Waving her hand towards a specific spot she unearthed the unconscious body of the Humanoid Demonic Spider before flying upward into the dark clouds, leaving the abandoned sect behind.

****

Meng Lin slowly opened her eyes to the sight of a vast, open field surrounded by towering mountains and purple pullers that stretched towards the heavens. The sun was shining brightly, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of flowers.

Confused, she looked down at herself and saw that she was wearing a long, flowing robe of deep blue silk with pattens of chaotic water ripples all over the robe.

She opened her mouth to see a bubble coming out and she looked around confused as her breathing wasn’t affected, she felt weightless as her body floated in the air as If inside flowing water.

Her head felt fuzzy and she couldn’t think straight, she couldn’t move her body causing her to feel a slight panic.

Suddenly she heard a voice calling out to her, and she turned to see a figure approaching her from the distance.

As it drew closer, she saw a young girl in a pink robe, the same girl that she met before the sect was attacked.

“You” Meng Lin said as she recalled the girl. “ What is this, did I die?" she asked, thinking about her last moment before losing consciousness.

The girl giggled. "Of course you’re not dead, we're in your subconscious, or in another term your Spiritual Palace," she said.

Meng Lin's eyes widened in surprise. She looked around and uttered, “this is my subconscious, how did I get here?" she asked.

"Normally you wouldn’t be able to get here before the Soul Wondering Realm but I left a strand of my consciousness and forced you to get here in a dream state, but it will only be for a few minutes.”

“Because of that you will only experience this like a dream and you might not even remember it when you wake up but I didn’t really have much time back then, I want to help you with your cultivation. You have a lot of potential."

“Why” Meng Lin asked as she tried to understand why this girl wanted to help her, she couldn’t help think of ulterior motives.

The girl smiled warmly. "I can see that you're confused, i can’t explain now but you will find out when you get stronger”

“Now, let's get started, we don’t have much time left”

Meng Lin felt a slight warmth as she nodded. "Yes, I'm ready," she said. "What do I need to do?"

“Just close your eyes and let your mind wonder, I’ll take care of the rest.”

**Yuan Dynasty**
**Imperial Capital**

Within a brightly lit room with vividly coloured red and gold walls, a man in black sat cross-legged in the center of the room.

It was the man with the puppets,
Shang Juan, he had retreated from the battlefield and now waited for his master’s return.

He suddenly stopped his cultivation as he felt a familiar feeling, infront him a blob of dark substance came into being before forming togather to create the corporeal body of a man, Lord Yuan.

Shang Juan went to his knees in prostration before saying.

“Master Yuan”

“Get up Shang Juan, as I’ve promised, the Levitation Sect is no more, unfortunately the remaining survivors used a Grand Formation to teleport.”

Lord Yuan looked thoughtful as he continued “But that’s also good, you can go hunt them down when you’re strong enough”

“Yes master” Shang Juan replied respectfully, knowing that his master had already fulfilled his promise.

“Has your diciple brother recovered his target” Lord Yuan asked as the main point of that attack had been the person with Luan’s Soul.

“Yes master, junior brother Ren Luo has brought back the girl, she is currently in the Origin Prison Room”

Smiling Lord Yuan said “Good, let’s go” as he led the way towards the Origin Soul Room, along the way Shang Juan kept quiet as he observed his master who seemed to be in a good mood.

They walked down a hugh corridor before being met with Wen Ji, the middle aged man and Ren Luo the young man with the scheming face.

Behind them was a door that held multiple indicate carvings, as well as several other unique designs.

“Greetings master” Ren Luo said as he stood up to greet his master, the middle aged man following soon after.

“Hmm”, Lord Yuan acknowledged before reaching out to open the door, stepping inside he saw a small bed with the figure of a young girl laying on the bed, in deep sleep.

“She’s sleeping, shall I wake her up”, Ren Luo asked towards Lord Yuan who shook his head as he came closer to the bed.

“This face, I’ve seen it somewhere” he said, turning towards Ren Luo he asked. “What is her background”

Ren Luo hesitated for a moment before answering. "I apologize master, but we’ve not yet been able to investigate that.”

“How long until the Grand Formation Is ready“

“It shall be ready in a few hours, master” Ren Luo replied.

“Hmm” Lord Yuan’s ruby eyes studied the face of the girl carefully, trying to remember where he had seen her before when suddenly, his brows raised in recognition.

21