Chapter 71: Emperor Of Yuan Kingdom
398 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Yuan Dynasty**
**Imperial Capital**

Meng Lin slowly opened her eyes, still feeling groggy from her long dream.

She blinked a few times, trying to adjust to her surroundings. She was sitting in a room that looked like it belonged to a palace. The walls were adorned with intricate patterns and the furniture looked expensive.

As she looked around, she realized that she was not alone. Sitting across from her was a man with a serious expression on his face.

He was dressed in a black robe, and his hair was tied back in a ponytail. She had never seen him before.

"Who are you?" Meng Lin asked, her voice coming out hoarse.

The man's red ruby eyes softened slightly as he said. "My name is Lord Yuan. You were brought to me by my disciples. You will be the 13th one, a part of my collection.”

Meng Lin's heart started to race as she became sobar instantly, "Collection? What do you mean, what happened to the Levitation Sect.”

“The Levitation Sect is no more, it is nothing but rubbles now.”

Meng Lin's eyes widened in doubt, “the Levitation Sect, it has Narscent Soul Cultivators, how can it just fall like that”

“Pardon me, I should’ve said that they retreated and escaped, no Narsent Soul Cultivator was killed however the Levitation Sect itself it no more”

“What do you mean by collection” Meng Lin asked while her heart rate increased faster.

Lord Yuan smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "I am a collector of rare and interesting people. People with unique traits, abilities and physiques all tracing back to one being. You are one of those people."

Meng Lin's mind spung, countless things came to her mind and she asked "what’s your purpose in doing that!"

“I will take your Soul for myself and use it to advance the Soul Unity of my Configure Art, furthering my cultivation.”

Hearing this Meng Lin's eyes grew closer as she tried to feel her inner qi however she noticed a restraining force in the room, a force making everything inactive.

“Oh you noticed the force, good. It's this room, it’s a Top Grade Spiritual tool to ensure your compliance. Don't worry, it won't harm you as long as you cooperate.”

Meng Lin felt a sense of dread wash over her. She tried to resist and feel her spiritual qi, but it was no use, even her brute Qi was inactive.

Lord Yuan stood up and walked towards her. "Don't worry, Meng Lin. You will not suffer. I will make sure of that."

Meng Lin felt a chill run down her spine, she knew she was in trouble. She had never felt so helpless before, however thinking a little she looked up to ask.

“How do you know my name”

As far as she was concerned, she didn’t remember meeting this person and at most only 3 people know of her name in the levitation sect, so how did he uncover that.

Lord Yuan smiled a little as he put his hand in his robe, taking out something. It was a pendent, a golden dragon pendent.

Meng Lin's eyes widened in shock as she recalled in her memory, this is an identification plate of the emperor, “this is…”

“Yes, I am the current emperor of the Yuan Dynasty, and your father has served me for many years now as prime minister.”

Meng Lin’s blood ran cold as the realization of who she was standing in front of her, “Emperor”.

“never did I think he would conceive someone like you.”

As Lord Yuan continued to talk, Meng Lin's mind raced, trying to come up with a plan, however thinking back to everything that happened.

she knew that her situation was hopeless. What could she do in such a situation against such a powerful enemy?, an enemy strong enough to destroy a whole sect.

“ … Few Hours…”

“Huh” in between the words of Lord Yuan, Meng Lin saw a hope, a chance.

He said that she would be kept here for a few hours before she had her soul extracted, in that time she would keep her wits about her, be patient and think of a way out of this mess.

“I won’t involve your father but the moment that you try to escape then he pays for it” came Lord Yuan’s next words, pouring water onto her small spark of hope.

She nodded slowly, trying to hide her disappointment and slight killing intent. She knew she had to play along and wait for the right opportunity, she can’t show her displeasure at being threatened with her father.

Lord Yuan left the room, leaving Meng Lin alone once again. She felt a sense of relief as she was finally able to take a breather and think of a plan.

She started pacing back and forth, trying to think of something. She knew she had to act fast if she wanted to survive.

Meng Lin remembered her father had given her a secret talisman to use in case of an emergency.

It was in case she got herself in trouble with the other diciples of the Levitation Sect, If she broke that talisman, her father would know that she was in trouble and would instantly rush to the sect, or so he said.

However she soon realized that it was no good, her father’s cultivation realm was definitely lower than that emperor, if she contacted him then he would definitely be killed.

And the talisman was only under the pretext that she was in the levitation sect, so would her father even know where to go look for her.

Taking a deep breath she forced herself to be calm down before thinking out.

‘System’

And came infront of her the panel that she had not seen for a while.

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(middle)]

[Experience points: 56%]

System coin:450

Taoist Gacha wheel: available

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 36%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 37%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method] [Market]

Going to the Gacha Wheel, Meng Lin looked at the 9 items on the wheel with hopeful expectation.

Dragon tiger sword

Soul wondering pills x5

Lv.1 Alchemist furnace

Cultivation suppression talisman lv.5

Divine Bone strengthing pill x2

[system meridian]

>Intermediate system pack

>Inheritance: Ancestral Symbol

Holy Brute Qi cultivation technique

Immortal jades x9

Meng Lin thought If there’s anything that can possibly be done then it’s through the use of the system, she had to see whether the system can give her a chance or not.

And the Gacha Wheel was just one of those chances, she hoped that it would be enough.

21