Chapter 80: Courtyard occupier
367 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wen Bonshan thought for a moment before answering, “Based on your talents and skills, I think the Martial Arts Division would be a better fit for you. The Weapons Division requires a deep understanding of blacksmithing techniques and the properties of different metals, which takes years of study and practice.”

Meng Lin nodded in agreement, “Okay, I’ll choose the Martial Arts Division then.”

Wen Bonshan led Meng Lin to the Martial Arts Division’s registration desk, where she filled out another form and received her quarters assignment.

Meng Lin was asked to choose a courtyard on a small piece of map which showed hundreds of different courtyards within the division.

She choosed a courtyard that was located near the center of the division with a good balance of seclusion and accessibility.

She wondered as to why the courtyards had no names but she didn’t question it and kept the small map inside her storage bag.

After leaving the registration hall, Wen Bonshan led Meng Lin through the air towards the Martial Arts Division.

As they flew, Wen Bonshan explained to Meng Lin the different areas of the Martial Arts Division.

There were various training grounds for different styles of martial arts, as well as one sparring area, qi gathering halls, and even a library with books on martial arts and cultivation techniques.

Meng Lin was fascinated by the variety of facilities available in a single division and couldn’t help wondering if all divisions were like that.

She was led onto a forest terrain before seeing a single large mountain that reached for the sky.

Wen Bonshan explained that it was the main location of the Martial Arts Division. It was a vast plateau with various courtyards and several other buildings on it.

Landing at the foot of the mountain Wen Bonshan explained. “I can’t go any further but you should be able to locate the courtyard through the map”

Meng Lin nooded as she took a deep breath before walking to the entrance at the foot of the mountain.

There were a few disciples guarding it, each of whom has the aura of the the Foundation Establishment Realm.

From time to time, other disciples came in and out, presumably they were going to their tasks or done with their tasks outside of the Mountain.

Meng Lin approached one of the guards and showed him her sect token, which glimmered gold, shocking the guard and getting the attention of the others.

The guard examined the token closely before looking at Meng Lin’s face, as if etching it into his memories, he nooded and allowed her to pass.

Meng Lin walked through with countless gazes upon her, causing her to feel slightly self conscious but regardless she followed the map and made her way up the mountain.

She passed by various places and diciples with some of them giving her curious glances as she walked by.

She noticed that no diciple was flying through the air even though everyone here was at Foundation Establishment and above.

‘There’s probably a rule against it’ she thought as she didn’t pay much attention to it.

It took a few dozen minutes with Meng Lin occasionally being distracted by the beautiful scenery around, but she finally arrived at her courtyard.

A courtyard in a secluded area of the mountain, surrounded by a giant barrier that blocked all intrusions.

Meng Lin took out her gold sect token before bringing it closer to the barrier, causing it to glow and open up a small entrance for her to pass through.

She stepped inside and was suprised to see that her courtyard was spacious and well-maintained. She walked around, admiring the different features of the courtyard, such as the small pond and the rock garden.

She felt a sense of peace and tranquility wash over her as she took in the beauty of her new home.

But her peace was short-lived as she suddenly heard a noise, she looked towards the door of the house to see a burly young man coming out, he suddenly burst into a fury as he yelled out.

“Wha, What are you doing in my courter, how did you even get in”

Meng Lin was taken aback by the sudden outburst and quickly explained, “I was assigned this courtyard by the Martial Arts Division. I have the map and my sect token to prove it.”

The young man narrowed his eyes and examined Meng Lin’s gold token before grunting, “assigned?, you mean you picked it”

“Ah well” Meng Lin said with a weary expression, “I..”

“It doesn’t matter, leave, i don’t fight girls, go pick another one, the girls section are at the back of the mountain” the burly man said as he turned around.

Hearing this Meng Lin was slightly shocked but quickly understood the situation, and a placated smile appeared on her face.

“I’ll be staying in this courtyard. Since you don’t fight girls, then I’ll request that you leave, i don’t like to share”

“What?!!”

The burly man turned around in surprise, his face contorting into anger. “How dare you! This is my courtyard, don’t think i won’t raise a hand at you just because of what I said”

Meng Lin was not intimidated by his anger and said. “You got this courtyard from the last owner through force right, i’ll be doing the same then”

Meng Lin said as she released a large spiritual qi of the in the surroundings causing the burly man to squint his eyes in anger.

He was taken aback by Meng Lin’s sudden display of power and he could sense the strength of her spiritual qi, which was much higher than his own.

He hesitated for a moment before gritting his teeth and relenting, he didn’t want to fight a girl “Fine, you can have this courtyard. I’ll just go find another one.”

Meng Lin nodded in satisfaction as the burly man stormed out of the barrier after taking care of his things.

She knew that even if she left this courtyard and went to look for another that it would not make a difference.

The map only showed roughy 500 courtyard, and Wen Bonshan said that there are over a thousand inner sect diciples in a single Division, so she assumed all courtyards were filled, she didn’t want to go to another courtyard just to repeat the same thing.

Plus she needed a courtyard with a pond and she saw that only a couple courtyard have that.

She realized that she wasn’t exactly polite about it but it didn’t matter, her mood was currently not in the right place.

She had to at least assert herself in this new environment and show that she was not to be underestimated as well, although.

“Haa”

Meng Lin let out a sigh as she thought of the situation. She didn’t want to start off on the wrong foot with her fellow disciples, but it seems that she already did.

23